Most potential

BatRam

1 hour ago, KBB said:

Forward players get the hype, defenders go under the radar. We were saying on here how we haven't had a decent centre half come through for years. Cashin plays like he has 200 games under his belt. Top top prospect.

There’s a good chance Cashin and Ebiowei will become fixtures in the PL.

Surprised Watson has not had a mention. Long way to go but hoping he will stay and make waves next season 

4 hours ago, KBB said:

Forward players get the hype, defenders go under the radar. We were saying on here how we haven't had a decent centre half come through for years. Cashin plays like he has 200 games under his belt. Top top prospect.

I can think of a handful of “moments” since he became a regular that marked him out. Winding his legs round an attacker and executing a perfectly timed tackle. Hard and precise at the same time. A wonderful episode when out paced on the left but kept his cool and used his muscle to see out a goal kick. Didn’t get the ball, but snuffed out imminent danger by using his brain. A handful of blocks, achieved by anticipating what was going to happen next, getting that mythical half yard and killing a chance. The waltz in to mid filed drawing two towards him and playing a simple forward out ball and when he does a Matt Clarke spins his man to play a 5 yard pass to a player in space, when a less composed played would have booted it up field .. he rarely does that, he’s a thinker and a quick one. 

12 hours ago, TomSaint said:

Out of the first team and academy who do you think has the brightest future ahead of them?

Personally think its got to be Knight. Hes a solid player even tho we play him out of position all the time ( The derby way).

International and has the ability to create something/get a goal.

Also believe Cybulski will do well once hes bulked up and  got the first team nerves out the way

I think Cybulski is a player that wayne rates and is looking at him to be a regular 1st team squad player next season. It could be sh_t or bust for him in League 1, I'm hoping he turns out to be another Roger Davies.

8 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Talking of players with potential, what's happened to Jack Stretton. Is he injured, not in Wayne's plans or has his form just dropped off.

Been injured on and off all season. Just back after his latest niggle. Rotten timing for him.

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I think Cybulski is a player that wayne rates and is looking at him to be a regular 1st team squad player next season. It could be sh_t or bust for him in League 1, I'm hoping he turns out to be another Roger Davies.

Tbh he got abit of stick the other day. He missed a sitter but it was his debut so people shouldnt be too harsh ? im hoping hes the next crouch

1 hour ago, TomSaint said:

Next question then , whos do you rate more out of stretton and cybulski?

It really doesn’t matter what I think, as I was convinced that Marvin Robinson had a much better chance than Malcolm Christie… and that Giles Barnes would be a future international.

After listening to a podcast with Robinson, I think it’s such a fine line between success and failure.

There are too many variables to determine the fate of a player.  If you don’t take the chances when presented, you can be consigned to the dustbin very quickly!

Whilst not wanting to write him off I got the same feeling watching Cybulski miss that chance against Bristol as I did when I saw Mason Bennett slam one against the bar when it was easier to score in one of his very early appearances, that you can't teach composure.

tbh I'm not even sure I'd say he's fully made the step-up to U23 level, or that there are any standout components to his game that would allow him to skip ahead of that stage or suggest that he'll one day be a Championship / League One standard player.

...but fingers crossed I'm talking rubbish and he goes on to have a great career.

As an aside I remember watching Emil Riis Jakobsen a few years ago thinking he had 'something' about him, and obviously he's doing very well for Preston now.

20 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Whilst not wanting to write him off I got the same feeling watching Cybulski miss that chance against Bristol as I did when I saw Mason Bennett slam one against the bar when it was easier to score in one of his very early appearances, that you can't teach composure.

tbh I'm not even sure I'd say he's fully made the step-up to U23 level, or that there are any standout components to his game that would allow him to skip ahead of that stage or suggest that he'll one day be a Championship / League One standard player.

...but fingers crossed I'm talking rubbish and he goes on to have a great career.

As an aside I remember watching Emil Riis Jakobsen a few years ago thinking he had 'something' about him, and obviously he's doing very well for Preston now.

I think you're right about Cybulski's composure, as I thought the same when he stepped up to under 23s. However, once he got a goal for them, he started to blossom and played a much more active role. I think we have to give him time as he could settle. He'll always look a bit awkward because of his height  imo.

Morgan Whittaker was similar in terms of composure, and he never really settled into our first team or Swansea's  despite scoring for fun at under 23 level. He seemed to do pretty well on loan at Lincoln, wonder if they'll buy him.

Stretton,  on the other hand, seems to have a natural striker's arrogance, would also like to see what he can do, if he can stay fit. 

20 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ebiowei in the Championship is like someone's "quite good" mate who comes along to make up the numbers at 6 or 7 a-side, then just glides past people like me/sets me up for 6 tap-ins if I'm on his side.

Remember about 25 years ago I was visiting my brother in law and his family in Scotland. I was a bit of a player back then and he asked me if I fancied filling in for his 6 aside team I think it was as one player couldn’t make it. I think I scored 7 and they won their first game of the season. The players were jokingly saying they would pay to fly me up for the next game. Those were the days. I struggle to walk now ?

12 hours ago, maydrakin said:

It really doesn’t matter what I think, as I was convinced that Marvin Robinson had a much better chance than Malcolm Christie… and that Giles Barnes would be a future international.

After listening to a podcast with Robinson, I think it’s such a fine line between success and failure.

There are too many variables to determine the fate of a player.  If you don’t take the chances when presented, you can be consigned to the dustbin very quickly!

Giles Barnes got 19 caps with Jamaica

13 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Seem to recall Derby weren't that keen on keeping him due to a rather well published issue at the time .