Kirchner- A risk or a potential reward

simmoram1995

3 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

The saying goes innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law, that said if you commit several burglaries your a crook you've just not been caught yet.  I'm sure he will have his day in court and my money is on him getting some free food and accommodation at the US Governments expense. 

Only time will tell though ? 

Equally calling someone a crook without proof is slanderous in the eyes of the law, Several burglaries...No you've done something illegal, You become a crook once convicted.

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Equally calling someone a crook without proof is slanderous in the eyes of the law, Several burglaries...No you've done something illegal, You become a crook once convicted.

Where have I called him a crook?

31 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Where have I called him a crook?

I never said you did, Have you ever played cricket when the crease is covered in Bostic...as you're on it fella

Edited by Unlucky Alf

26 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I never said you did, Have you ever played cricket when the crease is covered in Bostic...as you're on it fella

I have played cricket when I was much younger, I do not think I'm on a sticky wicket at all.  There is nothing wrong with having an opinion and my opinion is if that if the Feds take him to court they will have enough evidence to put him away.  I will be watching with interest and I hope he goes down! 

13 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

I have played cricket when I was much younger, I do not think I'm on a sticky wicket at all.  There is nothing wrong with having an opinion and my opinion is if that if the Feds take him to court they will have enough evidence to put him away.  I will be watching with interest and I hope he goes down! 

I heard Houdini was shackled with chains and padlocks in a glass box filled with water and he slowly drowned.

Edited by Unlucky Alf

2 hours ago, LERam said:

Not related to WR but I thought different states have different rates 

Our director moved to Florida for that reason

My calculation includes DC tax, interesting fact DC is not a State or in a states Florida has no state income tax but crippling property tax

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

Kurt Russell Fact GIF

2 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

The saying goes innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law, that said if you commit several burglaries your a crook you've just not been caught yet.  I'm sure he will have his day in court and my money is on him getting some free food and accommodation at the US Governments expense. 

Only time will tell though ? 

Val Kilmer Reaction GIF

12 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

The facts are, the amount of debt we had far outweighed the actual value in the club/stadium, and arguably the minimum price to even keep us as a league club was higher than the actual value in the club.  So at that stage, every bid is scraping around trying to reduce costs and make an offer viable.

Is this a fact?

I thought the ground alone had been valued at £82m?

Had we remained in the Championship, and been able to extend contracts, we probably had a squad worth somewhere between £30m and £40m.

Throw in goodwill, if there is a value to that.

Not sure where the notion that there was no value in paying £50m for the whole club came from?

6 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

In all honesty...that's chump change for WR, What will be his Tax status in the USA?, Has he still a home there?, Would there be bonuses?

I’d think WR is not focused on his salary at DC at all, but that he is focused on finding a long term career as a manager, not least because punditry is not his thing. If he’s out of work for a while there’s no guarantee he’ll get back in the flow. Popular opinion says he did a great job at Derby. Not at all clear the football establishment shares that view 

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’d think WR is not focused on his salary at DC at all, but that he is focused on finding a long term career as a manager, not least because punditry is not his thing. If he’s out of work for a while there’s no guarantee he’ll get back in the flow. Popular opinion says he did a great job at Derby. Not at all clear the football establishment shares that view 

Too start with I like the fella, He's come on leaps and bounds in my esteem, Now there's 2 thoughts, The person and the manager, The person is what has swung my likeness for him, He showed great empathy with staff who lost their jobs, He carried DCFC on his shoulders and gelled a group of players together where it was them against us.

Looking back on his managership he did OK not good not bad, Our away form was shocking, Which was a big factor in us being relegated, Our home form was pretty damn good, Beat the best but unfortunately lost some to the worst and here again this cost relegation.

Perhaps he needed to re charge with moving to DC Untd, Be somewhere where he feels at home...but...are the family going to follow ? I think it's a gamble...fail then where's his next port of call? be a success and a move back here could be on ?‍♀️

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Not sure where you are deriving your straw poll to say Rooney did a great job at Derby?

Off the pitch he treated all the staff affected with empathy and it's obvious his core values align to behaving towards people in the right manner and being respectful of them.

On the pitch he did OK with the resources he had at his disposal, not going to say anything more about that, and our away record quite rightly draws scrutiny.

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is this a fact?

I thought the ground alone had been valued at £82m?

Had we remained in the Championship, and been able to extend contracts, we probably had a squad worth somewhere between £30m and £40m.

Throw in goodwill, if there is a value to that.

Not sure where the notion that there was no value in paying £50m for the whole club came from?

The value of the ground is a weird thing though.  Yes it's worth ~£80m, and yes it would cost something in that ballpark to build an equivalent replacement (if that became a relevant consideration), but in functional terms it's not value you can do much with.  It's not like buying a house, where you can live in it for a few years and then sell it for a profit.  It's value (in monetary terms anyway) comes entirely from it's ability to host football matches, and you can do that almost as well in a rented stadium.  You're basically paying £20m+ to save £1-2m in annual rent.

And "had we remained" is doing a lot of work for your other point.  Even if we'd been taken over in January, kept Jagielka etc, there's no guarantee we stay up and no guarantee we extend anybody's contracts.  And given the current state of the transfer market, there's no guarantee they're worth £30m+ either.

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

rooney did a good job at making us feel better (MAybe thats what football is about anyway?)

but the fact of the matter is he didnt achieve his targets but got us close. a lot of people say it was a difficult job but there was so little pressure surrounding it that every game was a free hit and every run of form looked like a miracle happening.