Who is contracted beyond this season

Poynton ram

On 03/04/2022 at 17:06, Poynton ram said:

I know Bielik, Bird and Knight are and we have an option on Buchanan but is there anyone else? Also does Rooney and presumably Rosenoir have another year?

Rooney says we have five contracted beyond next year, but two are options which we cannot exercise at the moment. So only three. As you say, Bielik , Bird and Knight. I think it must be Sibley and Buchanan who have options and for both players we have had low ball offers earlier this season.  

45 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Rooney says we have five contracted beyond next year, but two are options which we cannot exercise at the moment. So only three. As you say, Bielik , Bird and Knight. I think it must be Sibley and Buchanan who have options and for both players we have had low ball offers earlier this season.  

Bird and Sibley are both 2024

Knight is 2023

Bielik also 2024

14 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

What players do we think would stay is offered a contract on realistic L1 wages? 

Would like to think CKR and Ravel would stick around, Curtis too? Beyond that, not sure. 

If we can keep hold of those three plus Sibley and Allsop then that's a decent spine to work around.

Would like to think the following would stay in L1

Forsyth, Morrison, CKR, Stearman, Sibley, Cashin, Allsop, Ebiowei, Davies, Stretton, Watson, Thompson + Jagielka back?

So possibly not as awful as first thought, still a hell of a lot of new singings needed though

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Would like to think the following would stay in L1

Forsyth, Morrison, CKR, Stearman, Sibley, Cashin, Allsop, Ebiowei, Davies, Stretton, Watson, Thompson + Jagielka back?

So possibly not as awful as first thought, still a hell of a lot of new singings needed though

Allsop

McDonald / Davies / Cashin / Forsyth

Bird / Thompson

Ebiowei / Ravel / Sibley

CKR

Looks strong for L1, but can't see all of those hanging around for much longer. Needs to get wrapped up quick IMO.

Does anyone know at what point we can start to offer new contracts? Is it once we have a PB, or is it further down the line?

Edited by Scott129

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

Hopefully now we are on the verge of naming a preferencial bidder we can get our players signed up to new contracts before it is too late.

As soon as EFL approve him. He’s got exclusivity and contracts can be given 

We will be in League 1 after tonights result went against us. There will be lots of players out of contract besides the ones at Derby. We need to pick up free agents asap. Don't know if the embargo will be lifted when we name our preferred bidder, because it will take probably till the end of the season before the new owner is signed and sealed. Lets hope Wayne can be very good in selling the club to some of our youngsters that are out of contract. I would love to see Alsopp, Byrne, Bird, Sibley, Cashin, Morrison, Kazim-Richards, Ebiowei, Davies and Thompson stay on for next season. I can see us losing Lawrence, Buchanan, Knight and Bielik. 

With a couple of free agents and the likes of Stretton, Watson, Cybulski, Bardell and Brown stepping up we could have a half decent squad to make a challenge next season.

39 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

As soon as EFL approve him. He’s got exclusivity and contracts can be given 

We need this to happen as soon as possible. Could we push for the play offs next season in League 1 with a minus 15 if Wayne is properly backed?

Dont think contracts can be given until the PB becomes the actual owner but what can happen will be contracts offered ready for when the takeover is complete.

Also will allow Rooney to at least start making plans for preseason, speaking to potential signings etc

Alsopp, Davies, Cashin, Fozzy, Sibely, Thompson, Ravel, Ebiowei and CKR I think will all sign new contracts given a chance for next season. We will struggle to keep all of Stearman Bryne, Buchanan, Bird, Knight and Lawrence but one or two may well stay.

Either way that would give us a good core of players to build on with some free agents and loanees for sqaud depth and competition.

I can’t see CKR staying next season. He has had two major injuries which have taken its toll on his body. He’s not looked the same this season. I think we’ll move on.

If we can keep Alsopp, Cashin, Forsyth, Ebiowei, Thompson, Morrison, Davies plus Sibley I’d be happy. Unfortunately I think Bird and Knight will go, hopefully we get a few for Buchanan. Bielik will definitely go.