World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Don't think there is too much wrong with Southgate's approach. He took us to a world cup semi final in 2018 when belief in the national team was at an all time low. And let's have it right, Croatia were just better than us at the time. They had better players than us. We were lining up with Henderson, Dele Alli, Lingard, Young in our midfield. We didn't have the fantastic attacking players we have now. We were inexperienced on the big stage and lacked big game players. Croatia had Modric, Rakitic, Mandzukic for example. It was just a step too far for us.

But things are different now. We were a penalty kick away from winning the euros. I believe we have the squad to win a major tournament. There are a group of teams that could win it and we are one of them. Let's see what happens.

I disagree. It was such a frustrating game to watch. When England scored after 5 minutes, Southgate just tried to defend the lead for the rest of the match. We had the likes of Kane, Vardy, Sterling, Alli (when he was good) and Rashford. 

27 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Polonia have been battered here.

How did Saudi Arabia beat Argentina?

I think it is often a case of the smaller teams have one good game in them, and if they are not taken seriously the bigger country can come unstuck. 

51 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I disagree. It was such a frustrating game to watch. When England scored after 5 minutes, Southgate just tried to defend the lead for the rest of the match. We had the likes of Kane, Vardy, Sterling, Alli (when he was good) and Rashford. 

We didn't try to defend for the rest of the match. We dominated the first half and could have been at least 2 up. Second half they just grew into the game and took over. We never had the midfield players to control it, they did. It was frustrating I agree as you could just see the game slipping away from us. But I think it's harsh to put that all on Southgate.

Edited by Rammy03

35 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We didn't try to defend for the rest of the match. We dominated the first half and could have been at least 2 up. Second half they just grew into the game and took over. We never had the midfield players to control it, they did. It was frustrating I agree as you could just see the game slipping away from us. But I think it's harsh to put that all on Southgate.

Everyone could see the game slipping away from England and Southgate did nothing to change it.  Same with the Euros final.

16 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Everyone could see the game slipping away from England and Southgate did nothing to change it.  Same with the Euros final.

And I think that's fair criticism. However a lot of it has been completely over the top. We have no devine right to win anything. People have short memories. It wasn't long ago when we weren't even getting out of the groups and then getting beat by Iceland.

7 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If that was Bielik putting himself in the shop window lord knows what audience he's trying to attract. 

Why would he be putting himself in the shop window? He should be back here after Christmas helping us get out of League one

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

TBH after watching his games we are about his level. But he's a bit slow!

His games for Brum? Bit harsh to judge him for Poland given he was up against an Argentina side with top quality players. Only Mbappe up next for him. That should be fun.

42 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

His games for Brum? Bit harsh to judge him for Poland given he was up against an Argentina side with top quality players. Only Mbappe up next for him. That should be fun.

Yep watched some of the recent stuff for Brum - as I put on his main thread (not the transfer thread ? ). He looks sloooow. He was always reacting, hardly ver proactive and certainly didn't look like he was a midfield force - he makes Birdy look aggressive! Now maybe next season with a preseason he might be sharper, but atm he lumbers.