World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

20 minutes ago, Rev said:

Hard fought goalless draw.

PMSL guy in the all black at the beginning...bless him ?

No, Definite own goal there, Guy in hooped top smacks guy in all black after he's staggered around being smacked, Then smacks the floor only to get up to be smacked again...that's booze for ya Sad Happy Hour GIF 

Edited by Unlucky Alf

Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

If that was us he would have been sent off as well. And we would have been fined. And told to play Wycombe a million pounds due to the emotional damage. Never a penalty for me. 

I have a strong dislike for Bruno Fernandes. A talented footballer who cheats his way through games. There was no way that penalty should have been given and to see that twonk score makes it even worse.

2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I have a strong dislike for Bruno Fernandes. A talented footballer who cheats his way through games. There was no way that penalty should have been given and to see that twonk score makes it even worse.

If I'd played against someone who did a penalty run up like that, he'd have been smashed about 3 seconds after the restart.

Knob

2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

The level of cheating/play acting/abuse for officials  in this competition compared to the Women's Euros... Mans game eh? I think Brazil are pretty vile and as you said, Fernandes is a massive knobber. 

Imagine watching a replay of that penalty incident. Imagine the journey your mind has to go on for you to give that. Not Portuguese ancestory is he?

21 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Am I the only person who thinks it was the right decision? The defender went into the challenge? It wasnt like the ball was kicked at him.

Where was his arm meant to go? Or should he not break the fall? When you run, you jump, you fall, you use your arms to balance. That is natural. The whole law is meant to be about making yourself bigger via unnatural position.

6 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Where was his arm meant to go? Or should he not break the fall? When you run, you jump, you fall, you use your arms to balance. That is natural. The whole law is meant to be about making yourself bigger via unnatural position.

He makes the challenge and goes to ground so therefore needing to break his fall is deliberate and therefore a deliberate handball? It's not like he loses his balance whilst tracking the run. He could have stood his ground and done nothing or made a challenge which didn't need his arm to break the fall. 

Edited by alexxxxx

33 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Am I the only person who thinks it was the right decision? The defender went into the challenge? It wasnt like the ball was kicked at him.

It’s a tough one. The ball clearly hit his arm and changed direction but I’m not sure it met the requirement “ A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation”. I tend to agree with the pundits opinion that his arm was in a very natural position to break his fall.