World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

45 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

on the football pitch is one place you ought to be able to put your politics to one side, and compete as sportsmen and women. The World Cup is, by definition, a gathering of the people of the world, where everyone can get kissed and enjoy a game of footy together, and forget about the s*** going on at home. Don’t bring that s*** with you. 

?

https://theuntoldgame.co.uk/did-football-really-start-the-balkans-wars/#:~:text=But Dinamo Zagreb v Red Star Belgrade has,that match for starting their road to independence.

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not what's been stated though is it? You said you watched him on a show on TV. Nobody but you as suggested you could tell from an article though thanks for confirming you didn't even see the Twatter post. Might be helpful if you actually review the material you comment on yourself rather than allowing others to do your thinking for you, though on second thoughts...

I guess, but maybe you can confirm when you grow up.

The guy was going to shred £10,000, only virtue signallers would think that was for any cause other than self promotion. 

His sexuality was completely irrelevant but was brought into the discussion as a slur as usual, although guess it made a change from it being race...

Well done on getting angry on someone else's behalf though...so unlike you ?

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The guy was going to shred £10,000, only virtue signallers would think that was for any cause other than self promotion. 

His sexuality was completely irrelevant but was brought into the discussion as a slur as usual, although guess it made a change from it being race...

Well done on getting angry on someone else's behalf though...so unlike you ?

Not angry in the least. You're fab. This forum wouldn't be the same without you to laugh at ?

@wasnevergonnashreditdopey

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not angry in the least. You're fab. This forum wouldn't be the same without you to laugh at ?

@wasnevergonnashreditdopey

So he was never going to shred it? So why did he say it?

Because he wanted to highlight issues with David Beckham and Qatar? Or because he wanted to draw attention to himself? I wonder.

I'll refrain from personal insults but you feel free to carry on if it helps with your anger issues ?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

So he was never going to shred it? So why did he say it?

Because he wanted to highlight issues with David Beckham and Qatar? Or because he wanted to draw attention to himself? I wonder.

I'll refrain from personal insults but you feel free to carry on if it helps with your anger issues ?

If you watch his Twitter uploads he explains it all quite clearly. Anyway, best leave it there.

Have a wonderful evening ?

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

yeah alright . Napoli won sod all while he was there?. Maradona was a number 10 as well not a striker.

But Napoli had the best defence in the league. It’s silly to say Maradona single handedly won them the Championship.

Might have a point if they won every game 5-4 with Maradona scoring five goals.

But he wasn’t even the leading scorer while Napoli had the best defence.

He may have been their best player. And Argentina’s too. But it’s a team game. And in both cases Maradona had an amazing defence behind him.

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Yep. I’d say it’s worthy of being kicked out of FIFA. If you can’t recognise the sovereignty of one of your fellow FIFA members, then I’d say your ideologies are intrinsically at odds to the core beliefs of the association. If the Serbians stand by their principles, then they shouldn’t really want to be involved with an association that recognises Kosovo.

on the football pitch is one place you ought to be able to put your politics to one side, and compete as sportsmen and women. The World Cup is, by definition, a gathering of the people of the world, where everyone can get kissed and enjoy a game of footy together, and forget about the s*** going on at home. Don’t bring that s*** with you. 

So, you're also advocating kicking just about every Islamic nation out of FIFA for not recognising Israel?

57 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Could England potentially play at 3pm on Sat after the Weds game? If so will the lounges at PP be open to watch the game? Live in Cheshire so won’t be home be in time for the game and would like to watch it

If we end up runners up...then Sat 3pm, Win the group then Sunday 7pm

2 hours ago, Anon said:

So, you're also advocating kicking just about every Islamic nation out of FIFA for not recognising Israel?

No. Specifically I said this sort of politics shouldn’t be brought into the football, where it becomes a fifa problem. The regimes can do and think what they want, and that’s a problem for the un to sort out. 

but you can’t be bringing this s*** with you to a game of football. What happens when Serbia and Kosovo are drawn against each in a competitive match, or Palestine and Israel. It’ll be absolute carnage if bringing your geopolitical angst to the game isn’t stamped out.

the sovereignty of your opponent shouldn’t be in question. If you don’t agree the country exists, then don’t turn up, don’t play them, and see how far that gets you. But the fact that you are playing them means they do exist. So STFU and get on with the game.

I know they’re not playing Kosovo at this World Cup, obviously, but this is the thin end of the wedge and should be stamped out, before it does lead to all out war fare at a football match one day. 

32 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

No. Specifically I said this sort of politics shouldn’t be brought into the football, where it becomes a fifa problem. The regimes can do and think what they want, and that’s a problem for the un to sort out. 

but you can’t be bringing this s*** with you to a game of football. What happens when Serbia and Kosovo are drawn against each in a competitive match, or Palestine and Israel. It’ll be absolute carnage if bringing your geopolitical angst to the game isn’t stamped out.

the sovereignty of your opponent shouldn’t be in question. If you don’t agree the country exists, then don’t turn up, don’t play them, and see how far that gets you. But the fact that you are playing them means they do exist. So STFU and get on with the game.

I know they’re not playing Kosovo at this World Cup, obviously, but this is the thin end of the wedge and should be stamped out, before it does lead to all out war fare at a football match one day. 

My point is that they did bring this political stuff into football. Israel were expelled from the AFC in 1974 (and remain exiled) because so many nations refused to play against them. The sovereignty of the opponent was absolutely in question in this instance. Teams refused to turn up, didn't play them. How far did it get them? Well Israel were shuffled off to a different confederation and the boycotting nations got what they wanted.

How could FIFA possibly take a hard line and outright ban Serbia when there are other teams in the exact same situation at this very tournament?

2 hours ago, Anon said:

My point is that they did bring this political stuff into football. Israel were expelled from the AFC in 1974 (and remain exiled) because so many nations refused to play against them. The sovereignty of the opponent was absolutely in question in this instance. Teams refused to turn up, didn't play them. How far did it get them? Well Israel were shuffled off to a different confederation and the boycotting nations got what they wanted.

How could FIFA possibly take a hard line and outright ban Serbia when there are other teams in the exact same situation at this very tournament?

Fair play. A good bit of history I wasn’t aware of there. But I’m not surprised similar things have happened in the past.

But that was a long time ago now. An old historical precedent. I’d like to think FIFA can deal with this a bit better now. Like the members of any collective should take a vote on such matters.

’Is Kosovo an independent state, that we’re happy to welcome into our federation, and in its to compete in our competitions? Yes. Sorry Serbia, the ayes have it, and you can like it or lump it. Now that’s decided we’ll have no more of your nonsense at our games, or can jolly well sod off back home.’

Similarly, ‘Do we all agree that lgbtq+ are welcome at our sport, to show their affection for each other, and to join in with all other aspects? Yes. Sorry Qatar, the ayes have it, and if you don’t like that, you probably shouldn’t have agreed to host an event on behalf of the group.’

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Fair play. A good bit of history I wasn’t aware of there. But I’m not surprised similar things have happened in the past.

But that was a long time ago now. An old historical precedent. I’d like to think FIFA can deal with this a bit better now. Like the members of any collective should take a vote on such matters.

’Is Kosovo an independent state, that we’re happy to welcome into our federation, and in its to compete in our competitions? Yes. Sorry Serbia, the ayes have it, and you can like it or lump it. Now that’s decided we’ll have no more of your nonsense at our games, or can jolly well sod off back home.’

Similarly, ‘Do we all agree that lgbtq+ are welcome at our sport, to show their affection for each other, and to join in with all other aspects? Yes. Sorry Qatar, the ayes have it, and if you don’t like that, you probably shouldn’t have agreed to host an event on behalf of the group.’

It's not just historic though. Iran and Saudi Arabia would still refuse to play Israel now.

The other problem FIFA have is that only just over 50% of UN members recognise Kosovo as an independent nation. Admitting them in the first place was a political act in itself. Of course there are plenty of FIFA members who aren't independent nations, but admitting Kosovo was always going to be inflammatory. Should FIFA admit Catalonia as an independent nation? How about South Ossetia? I agree with you in principle that football should be above this, but it's an issue I do have some sympathy for FIFA on.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

It's not just historic though. Iran and Saudi Arabia would still refuse to play Israel now.

The other problem FIFA have is that only just over 50% of UN members recognise Kosovo as an independent nation. Admitting them in the first place was a political act in itself. Of course there are plenty of FIFA members who aren't independent nations, but admitting Kosovo was always going to be inflammatory. Should FIFA admit Catalonia as an independent nation? How about South Ossetia? I agree with you in principle that football should be above this, but it's an issue I do have some sympathy for FIFA on.

Wait until the next WC, 48 Nations, Countries, Separatist states in that one, USA, Canada and Mexico are the hosts, Heven help FIFA if those teams get to play with other teams they were at War with in history.

I see parts of Belgium and the Netherlands were caught up in riots last night when Morocco beat the chocolatiers, All because of a bag of wind who'd have thought?

England will be blamed and Derby County will have 3 points deducted  

9 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Wait until the next WC, 48 Nations, Countries, Separatist states in that one, USA, Canada and Mexico are the hosts, Heven help FIFA if those teams get to play with other teams they were at War with in history.

I see parts of Belgium and the Netherlands were caught up in riots last night when Morocco beat the chocolatiers, All because of a bag of wind who'd have thought?

England will be blamed and Derby County will have 3 points deducted  

And made to pay Boro and Wycombe compo ??