Derby Season Ticket or Sky Subscription

Curtains

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

As my gas and electric bill is going up in April by £1,200 a year I suspect a lot of people won’t be paying for either especially when the interest rates on mortgages start going up - it’s not a time to be buying non premiership football clubs. 
I can currently afford my season ticket but it’s just me - the family of 4 rams fans probably can’t - personally I stopped paying  for sky sports about five years ago in protest at what it has done negatively to football 

Another good reason for opting for the season ticket, is that one can simply disconnect the gas and electric whilst at the match.
Staying home to watch it would mean leaving them on for the telly/heating etc... plus Muckerette would no doubt insist on the kettle going on at HT!  ?

13 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I can afford both but never have and never will subscribe to SKY even if we were to get to  the PL.

i live too far away from price park to make a season ticket worthwhile, so I attend ad-hoc games at home and away, but only ever Rams matches.

I have had Sky Sports since it began and I love it sorry.  I also have BT Sport and Prime.  
As regards Derby season ticket well I have to think seriously about it. 
Nothing to do with Rooney or players just what the club and administrators have done. 
Think I might pay on a match by match  basis if it suits me .

EFL annoy me so much also 

Edited by Curtains
Added

7 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I can afford both but never have and never will subscribe to SKY even if we were to get to  the PL.

i live too far away from price park to make a season ticket worthwhile, so I attend ad-hoc games at home and away, but only ever Rams matches.

I saw what you did there!  ? 

Never had sky, never will have sky. between netflix and amazon prime I spend enough cosidering we end up watching mostly old shows anyway.

if there's something in particular you want to watch you can get one off passes but "a bunch of football matches i don't care about" isn't worth it to me.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Call me a half fan if you like after 60 years watching Derby the shenanigans have left me bereft .

Valid point but football in general, especially at Premier League level, is not what it used to be in my opinion. I’d much rather watch AFC Derby County v Buxton than Man City v Liverpool. 

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Valid point but football in general, especially at Premier League level, is not what it used to be in my opinion. I’d much rather watch AFC Derby County v Buxton than Man City v Liverpool. 

Thing is I like other Sports as well as Football  like F1 etc etc so Subscription TV is massive for me. 

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

I have had Sky Sports since it began and I love it sorry.  I also have BT Sport and Prime.  
As regards Derby season ticket well I have to think seriously about it. 
Nothing to do with Rooney or players just what the club and administrators have done. 
Think I might pay on a match by match  basis if it suits me .

EFL annoy me so much also 

I think you cutting out the wrong thing, Curtains. Dropping one of your other subscriptions would pay for your season ticket. Think of all the new grounds next season! 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I think you cutting out the wrong thing, Curtains. Dropping one of your other subscriptions would pay for your season ticket. Think of all the new grounds next season! 

I’m not pleadings poverty and do you know what it’s just a consideration at the moment. 
Following your team is  expensive though.  
50 quid for most away games but what else would I do.  
End of the day seasons ticket is cheapest option for me. 
I don’t think the new so called bidders or the administrators should take Derby fans for granted. 

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m not pleadings poverty and do you know what it’s just a consideration at the moment. 
Following your team is  expensive though.  
50 quid for most away games but what else would I do.  
End of the day seasons ticket is cheapest option for me. 
I don’t think the new so called bidders or the administrators should take Derby fans for granted. 

Well someone is, All the paying customers who through loyalty to their club...home and away, And yet there is silence from the above, Yes, Yes , Yes there may well be NDAs in the filing cabinet...but ultimately in life this is what we are.

image.thumb.png.20ef0a7867699a0c88df3cbc06fcd5d5.png

5 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

Doesn’t matter because you sell out either way. The only way to get football back to the people is to not pay to watch it. When all clubs go bankrupt then locals can resurrect Phoenix clubs.

Of course it won’t happen.

Myself, I’m not renewing next season. Football is no longer a sport because the bedrock of sport is fair competition, something football hasn’t been since the formation of the Premier League.

Nice to see it’s only taken 30 years of the premier league for you to decide you don’t like football. 
Or is it you just coincidence that derby are heading to tier 3?

9 minutes ago, curb said:

I don’t get how any fan of a club outside the top 6 would ever consider giving SKY their money.

Before you start, It’s up to you how you spend your money, but I just don’t get it myself.

You don’t watch other Sport then !

19 minutes ago, curb said:

I don’t get how any fan of a club outside the top 6 would ever consider giving SKY their money.

Before you start, It’s up to you how you spend your money, but I just don’t get it myself.

I've had Sky for around 25+years, Entertainment, Films and Sport, Weened off the films as Netflix and so on came to the fore, Entertainment I get poo loads of as I have a Fire TV that's swamped with TV Apps, Sport and football mainly, Rugby on either BBC/ITV 6 Nations, BT has Championship Rugby, Cricket and EU football.

Sky have football, Formula 1, Rugby League and a few other sports, Football is no longer my main viewing, It's not as good as I used to like it, VAR, Poor Officials, Ducking and diving, The expense.

Within the month it'll be consined to the Bin