Peloton Reds

BathRam72

11 hours ago, David said:

The problem with Peloton is the cost, expensive bike plus a monthly subscription, I would want Peloton to pay me to do the cycling.

I agree. The bike is expensive but they do interest free payments.  I was sceptical and took a while to decide whether to get one. While awaiting delivery,  I really did wonder if I had done the right thing. However 8 months on I can honestly say it is probably my best ever purchase.  I don't even think about the installments.  The monthly subscription is no more than a gym membership and 4 people can use it. So much more than just cycling as well. Weights, core, yoga, walking and running on the app and more. I haven't changed my diet or drinking habits. But I have lost 8KG and feel great. I personally love it, so addictive. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why don't you just buy a roadbike? 

Can get a half decent one for about 300 notes. You're paying Peloton 1500 quid for the privilege of sitting in your own front room. Could never understand it.

Each to their own but it is a whole work out. Unfortunately I also live in the countryside which is lovely.  But the roads are very dangerous.  

4 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Each to their own but it is a whole work out. Unfortunately I also live in the countryside which is lovely.  But the roads are very dangerous.  

With the new highway code you'd be fine. Anyone on a bike can now weave all over the road, in the knowledge that other road users that are driving a motor vehicle have to give way to them.

23 hours ago, Rev said:

I'd get a Peloton, but I'm a Tour de France level cyclist.

Not the stages up and down the mountains mind, more the last stage where they drink champagne while trundling along.

I thought you were going down the drug taking and cheating route then, phew! ?

On 13/02/2022 at 09:37, BathRam72 said:

I agree. The bike is expensive but they do interest free payments.  I was sceptical and took a while to decide whether to get one. While awaiting delivery,  I really did wonder if I had done the right thing. However 8 months on I can honestly say it is probably my best ever purchase.  I don't even think about the installments.  The monthly subscription is no more than a gym membership and 4 people can use it. So much more than just cycling as well. Weights, core, yoga, walking and running on the app and more. I haven't changed my diet or drinking habits. But I have lost 8KG and feel great. I personally love it, so addictive. 

I've got into the habit of wattbiking when listerning to the match. I don't go hard but it is somehow comforting  that I can out myself in bigger a world of pain than the football can if needed. Different stats but the same sort of idea.  People don't appreciate what sort of zone you can ride yourself into. It was nicer to get out on the bike, but you can't listern to or watch the game, and can be dangerous. I used to be able to bang out 100 mile rides until a few years ago when I had a coming together with a car. I

watbike.thumb.PNG.73f6637906dfa8e46044741190637a2d.PNG

7 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

I've got into the habit of wattbiking when listerning to the match. I don't go hard but it is somehow comforting  that I can out myself in bigger a world of pain than the football can if needed. Different stats but the same sort of idea.  People don't appreciate what sort of zone you can ride yourself into. It was nicer to get out on the bike, but you can't listern to or watch the game, and can be dangerous. I used to be able to bang out 100 mile rides until a few years ago when I had a coming together with a car. I

Good on you. I agree, get yourself on the bike and listen to the game. Really takes you away and before you know it, miles have racked up. 

13 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

I'm guessing spikes occurred in the 47th and 92nd minutes? ?