Grass roots football this weekend

CBRammette

Good day to remind us why we love this game and its not because of all the ?we are living with. So for your own wellbeing - go and find a game and report back. I am off to watch my son's school team in beautiful Cambridge sunshine. He is playing off the striker apparently and trying to be our Tom. Go and enjoy - get some air. Match reports much appreciated - lets remind ourselves of what it is all about

24 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

My twelve year old granddaughter has three Ice hockey games this weekend, one of them for the under 16s team who strangely enough are allowed to do what we got a £10,000 fine for against florist ??‍♂️

Mods...Can you please move this to the Ice Hockey thread, Thanks?

4 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Good day to remind us why we love this game and its not because of all the ?we are living with. So for your own wellbeing - go and find a game and report back. I am off to watch my son's school team in beautiful Cambridge sunshine. He is playing off the striker apparently and trying to be our Tom. Go and enjoy - get some air. Match reports much appreciated - lets remind ourselves of what it is all about

Just seen our Tom running up Hazelwood Hill. Even on his weekend off he’s putting the work in. Tell your lad

It doesn't always work. Last Sunday I was at my grandsons junior match, as I have been every weekend for the last 8 years, and ended up in a heated debate with a Stoke fan on the touchline. He had seen me flicking onto Skygo on my phone for the Rams match and had to come and tell me that he didn't like Derby, we were cheats and should be relegated no matter what. Whilst I know I should have ignored him, I had to try and educate him but the gaps in his knowledge were so vast and the gap between his ears was making him so hard of understanding that it took me half the match!  We have got an away game on the outskirts of Rotherham tomorrow, goodness knows what reaction my Rams bobble hat will provoke from the troglodytes up there. 

6 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Well my son's team lost about 10-0 - seriously good forward line in opposition and our defence seriously bad. Got a teenage look on shouting "come on fight to the end" - at least nobody here has any idea what I am talking about even wearing my Derby scarf

Don't be so harsh on yourself.  Some of your post make perfect sense.

Oh... erm... you didn't mean "Here", did you!   ?

14 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

It doesn't always work. Last Sunday I was at my grandsons junior match, as I have been every weekend for the last 8 years, and ended up in a heated debate with a Stoke fan on the touchline. He had seen me flicking onto Skygo on my phone for the Rams match and had to come and tell me that he didn't like Derby, we were cheats and should be relegated no matter what. Whilst I know I should have ignored him, I had to try and educate him but the gaps in his knowledge were so vast and the gap between his ears was making him so hard of understanding that it took me half the match!  We have got an away game on the outskirts of Rotherham tomorrow, goodness knows what reaction my Rams bobble hat will provoke from the troglodytes up there. 

Bit of advice chezzy, Stay well clear of the Pork Pies in Rotherham, They serve them hot up there, One of the most disgusting things I have had the misfortune to have bitten into, The hot jelly turned into liquid snot ?

1 hour ago, chezzyram said:

I would suggest finding somewhere inconspicuous  next time you get your phone out, then punching him in the face to save you the bother of trying to train a silverback to make fire.

7 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Well my son's team lost about 10-0 - seriously good forward line in opposition and our defence seriously bad. Got a teenage look on shouting "come on fight to the end" - at least nobody here has any idea what I am talking about even wearing my Derby scarf

Used to live in Cherry Hinton a few years ago off that new Tesco estate....lovely city Cambridge but deadly expensive to rent.

Never managed to go to the Linton Travel Tavern though.....

I lived in Cambridge for a while too. Clinton Street, near the cemetery.

Whenever one of my friends visited, a real football historian, he would sink to his knees and kiss the hallowed turf of Parker's Piece - where the rules of the game were first written down.

Rules of the game itself. Not the governance of the game. Still waiting for those to be clearly defined.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Used to live in Cherry Hinton a few years ago off that new Tesco estate....lovely city Cambridge but deadly expensive to rent.

Never managed to go to the Linton Travel Tavern though.....

Yep everything is way too expensive and the city does everything it can against cars

32 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I lived in Cambridge for a while too. Clinton Street, near the cemetery.

Whenever one of my friends visited, a real football historian, he would sink to his knees and kiss the hallowed turf of Parker's Piece - where the rules of the game were first written down.

Rules of the game itself. Not the governance of the game. Still waiting for those to be clearly defined.

I would not put my mouth anywhere near the grass on Parker's Piece!