Huddersfield Town (A) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Allsop to blame for sending off

He's just doing what he's told by the management team.

It's OK though because we wouldn't have scored that one goal against WBA without using the tactic.

Obviously you've got to weigh up risk vs reward, but asking for that to be right every time at this level is stupid.

Talking of risk vs reward, Stearman being out for 3 games could now be the thing which dooms us to relegation, without 2 senior recognised CBs on the books.

Perhaps he himself could have weighed that up vs the risk of us  1-0 down in one match, sometimes it's better to accept you're going a goal down than going a man down.

I'd expect if it was Jagielka we'd be 1-0 down with 11 men tbh. 

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

He's just doing what he's told by the management team.

It's OK though because we wouldn't have scored that one goal against WBA without using the tactic.

Obviously you've got to weigh up risk vs reward, but asking for that to be right every time at this level is stupid.

Talking of risk vs reward, Stearman being out for 3 games could now be the thing which dooms us to relegation, without 2 senior recognised CBs on the books.

Perhaps he himself could have weighed that up vs the risk of us  1-0 down in one match, sometimes it's better to accept you're going a goal down than going a man down.

I'd expect if it was Jagielka we'd be 1-0 down with 11 men tbh. 

Stop being defeatist - Forsyth can do the job or the young lad might take his chance 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Just text my mate and said he looks determined to do something tonight, his time here ended “badly” through his own behaviour right? No need for spite on his part 

I think he said something when he left and some fans reacted (don’t care enough to remember). It’s also since been revealed by Rooney in an interview that he got rid of two players when he took over because they didn’t have the character to accept him as manager and put in the graft he demanded. Holmes was most likely one of them, so imagine he’s held a grudge since. 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not that we will see it this season but I wonder what Plange would be like with a big lad playing next to him? 

Case in point, the ball is launched long to him and he's actually jumping behind the defender who gets the header but poorly sends it up in the air and towards the Huddersfield goal. But the defender turns and still out paces/muscles him and gets to the ball first anyway and knocks it back down the line.  

Anyway, praying we get to half time level and can rethink.

Great save from Allsop.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Stop being defeatist - Forsyth can do the job or the young lad might take his chance 

He's never managed to do the job in a back 4 for more than a single match here and there before so 3 in a row is a big ask.

Cashin might take his chance, but honestly I haven't seen anything to suggest he's ready to be playing full matches, or the sort of calm under pressure defender / positionally competent we need for out tactics to work.

Sorry, not trying to be defeatist, just looking at the squad in a matter of fact way.

Hopeful we'll manage something doing it today, but we can't play the next three games with our backs to the wall hoping for a breakaway goal.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

I do wonder why referees consider every tackle is a foul nowadays. No wonder its a dying art.

EDIT: Should've said that every tackle that Derby make. The opposition seem able to make many tackles, which are also fouls, with no penalty.

Edited by LazloW