The Football Creditor rule is explicit, simple, and solves all of Derby's issues

Day

The thing that stinks about the situation is before we go into boro and wycombes claims you have the following.

• out of everything the stadium sale to me is far more dodgy compared with the amortisation policy but nothing has been done about it 

• Mel passed the fit and proper test 

• EFL agreed on our accounting policy in the first place 

• left mel to go unchallenged 

these points without mentioning the current things shows how totally inept the organisation is

14 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

The thing that stinks about the situation is before we go into boro and wycombes claims you have the following.

• out of everything the stadium sale to me is far more dodgy compared with the amortisation policy but nothing has been done about it 

these points without mentioning the current things shows how totally inept the organisation is

The stadium sale was just what many other clubs did. And EFL did charge us. And lost, quite spectacularly in fact.  

25 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We had just sold PPS when Lampard was in charge so no reason to think we were not within FFP then. 

Isn’t a 3 year rolling period? So you could be under one year but if you’re massively over the previous two then you get punished, the year furthest gone always gets knocked off on a rolling yearly basis.

40 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We had just sold PPS when Lampard was in charge so no reason to think we were not within FFP then. 

Pete would any money actually have come into the club though? Surely Morris only transferred it to another of his company names.

Edited by Turnstile

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

Absolutely, agree on all points

7 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

I know they shouldn't do it and shouldn't need to do it but it does worry me slightly that none of the bidders will step up to put in a bid then fight the case. 

"If the claim has no prospect of success MFC does not understand why a new owner would not resolve the matter by accepting that the arbitration decision should be honoured."

You'd think old Steve had never bought a business before. The only way anyone with more than half a brain would buy a business with multi-million pound claims against it, claims that are to be determined not in an actual Court but infront of a League Arbitration Panel notorious for their inconsistencies, is if the Vendor provided a watertight Indemnity backed by actual cash in Escrow or with another form of foolproof surety.

That paragraph is completely disingenuous, designed to deceive those who want to believe what it infers.

Edited by Crewton

26 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

I know they shouldn't do it and shouldn't need to do it but it does worry me slightly that none of the bidders will step up to put in a bid then fight the case. 

Wouldn't Derby fight this if they didn't need the money.

Assuming you were a prospective buyer of Derby, a club almost in League one, and you needed to pay 50 million to buy the club.

Now you get an extra 10 million for chance clubs from other teams.

Would you pay an extra 10 million, I'm not sure most buyers would.

1 hour ago, RammingStone66 said:

Would you trust the EFL not to screw the new owners by doing something like retrospectively giving Boro & Wycombe 'football creditor' status?!

1 hour ago, RammingStone66 said:

If we get through this that is a good thing surely. We want an owner who will not gamble next surely. 

19 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

If we get through this that is a good thing surely. We want an owner who will not gamble next surely. 

No but there are different levels of gambling. Not saying I want someone throwing mountains of cash around in a Mel Morris part 2 situation lol but not gambling at all could see us liquidated, who knows. The EFL don't seem to care if the club dies. Just that we have been punished "enough" ?

8 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This was going to be my point.

How is it possible that the administrators have not figured this out? Are they lazy, incompetent or both? Or is there some other explanation in which they have figured this out and the EFL are simply ignoring them?

David, can you please advise the administrators , or lead our counter claim…