Petition to the Sports Minister

Carl Sagan

47 minutes ago, Yani P said:

The Government petition site version is currently being checked, should be live in a few days, that could add a second wave to the change version and will certainly get media attention if it hits the threshold forcing a discussion.

Or, as others have said, will likely dilute the impact of this petition.

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I just got round to watching BBC Football Focus and as I predicted yesterday morning, we didn't even get a mention.

The matter was mentioned on Quest on Saturday night, but that's probably to an audience well aware of our situation.

We probably need something to happen at Pride Park for the so called big media channels to take some sort of notice.

Maybe the forum could get some famous people to dress up as Rams, Ewe's and sing and the people of Britain have to guess who they are, get Jonathan Ross and his panel involved. Get Ant and Dec to get down to Derby Arena and get a load of famous people to camp in it, pretending they are in a Jungle and the people of Britain have to vote for their famous favourite celebrity. Get a load of famous people to dance on Pride Park, call it Strictly Come Ramcing and the people of Britain have to vote for their famous favourite celebrity and whilst all this tripe is happening we could have loads of messages advertising our current position, on the shirts of the famous celebrities, on screen messages, donation telephone lines and all the rest, and just maybe, and it's just a maybe, the people of Britain, might even notice our plight and how unfairly Derby County Football Club is being treated.

.................sheeps eyeball anyone?

.........and get Bez in his melon helmet on ice skates down to Pride Park as quick as we can as he's got more chance of saving us than these administrators that are just lining their pockets like the rest of the greedy so and so's that latch themselves to football clubs..........and ermmm Bez will also want paying!

10 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

.........and get Bez in his melon helmet on ice skates down to Pride Park as quick as we can as he's got more chance of saving us than these administrators that are just lining their pockets like the rest of the greedy so and so's that latch themselves to football clubs..........and ermmm Bez will also want paying!

What about one of those road trip game show gigs ? The Aberdeenshire Rams know the way to Preston. We could head down and salute the EFL with a long version rendition of Bonnie Lass of Fyvie on the bagpipes ? At least until they get a bit more helpful ? Beats eating worms for Geordies in Wales. And yes, I know none of us can play them.

Return via Middlesbrough. 

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

The Government petition site version is currently being checked, should be live in a few days, that could add a second wave to the change version and will certainly get media attention if it hits the threshold forcing a discussion.

Yes good idea as unfortunately this current petition is pretty fruitless by all accounts 

the government one carries more clout and when it’s up and running I’m going to get my Millwall West Ham Chelsea Tottenham and Arsenal mates to put it on there forums as they all ( my mates ) think it’s scandalous how we’re being treated 

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Yes good idea as unfortunately this current petition is pretty fruitless by all accounts 

the government one carries more clout and when it’s up and running I’m going to get my Millwall West Ham Chelsea Tottenham and Arsenal mates to put it on there forums as they all ( my mates ) think it’s scandalous how we’re being treated 

The government one doesn't carry any more clout apart from you get an automated response and if it hits 100,000 you get 5 minutes in Parliament to discuss it in a month's time. 

That one needs doing when this is all done. A petition for a proper investigation. Right now, we need signatures to push this into mainstream media, so I don't know why you would wait to share it. 

Edited by Norman

12 minutes ago, S8TY said:

It doesn't carry any clout at all, honestly. If we get to 100,000 it MAY get discussed (of it passes the e-petition committee stage) at at some point in the coming months. We need action NOW! Please share the existing petition....

4 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

It doesn't carry any clout at all, honestly. If we get to 100,000 it MAY get discussed (of it passes the e-petition committee stage) at at some point in the coming months. We need action NOW! Please share the existing petition....

Do both. It's all about the media and influencing opinion . It's an existential crisis for the EFL as much as it is for Derby. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Do both. It's all about the media and influencing opinion . It's an existential crisis for the EFL as much as it is for Derby. 

It is, but at the risk if repeating myself, we just dilute the message by launching 2 petitions. Focus on 1, make it work, make it big. Remember, this one is global, has 35k signatures already and had momentum. A further petition simply detracts from this.

I have some experience with charities. There's a thing called "donor fatigue".

The current petition includes lots of signatures from supporters of other clubs. We should focus on that one petition.

Asking fans from those other clubs to sign a second petition will not meet with the same enthusiasm. That will result in a petition with fewer signatures than the first and result in the opposite impact than the one the proponents are hoping.

Seriously... Focus all efforts on this first petition. It's quantity that matters here.

The parliamentary mechanism requires 100,000 signatures to get something discussed - at some time in the future - in parliament. It won't get 100,000 and, even if it did, it wouldn't happen in time.

A far bigger impact will be achieved by the first petition obtaining as many signatures as possible. Everyone should work to achieve that - and to get it covered in the national media.