This Club of Ours

Comrade 86

3 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

Have you noticed how away from Rams boards public opinion has changed. When we were getting points taken off us it was throw us out of the league ((. Now the majority are posting that they hope we stay up. )))))).  I feel that the pride in the shirts, the team spirit, the amazing backing of the fans together has shown the world we are not a basket case but something showing what a football club is all about

Been very noticeable most recently. No real footy fan would wish liquidation on another club anyway, but trolls have louder voices. Empty vessels and all that. I've had loads of texts from mates (none Rams) about us recently, nearly all of whom support the Premiership goliaths. Very complimentary about the spirit of the team AND our fans.

Think most folk know we've been unfairly treated and are willing us to beat the odds. In a footballing era rife with cynicism and greed, our story is a fairy tale in the making and most proper fans will respond to that. Just hope a couple of good players are seeing what's happening too and thinking yeah, I'm up for being part of that.

I’ve been watching the Rams since the days of Brian and Peter and enjoyed many special moments. But this period of time is the most special of all the times I have known. 

No matter what the outcome savour these times because they won’t be bettered. There is a commitment, unity and “die-for-eachother” mentality I have never seen before. Billy Davies’s side was known for it, but this squad is on a different level. Besides Billy’s side couldn’t live with this one because of the sub-football he had them playing. In addition the fans are incredibly together, with Stoke away being the best they have been ........... so far!

It’s great to be part of it, and if you aren’t involved - get involved before you miss out on one of the greatest eras in history.

9 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I’ve been watching the Rams since the days of Brian and Peter and enjoyed many special moments. But this period of time is the most special of all the times I have known. 

No matter what the outcome savour these times because they won’t be bettered. There is a commitment, unity and “die-for-eachother” mentality I have never seen before. Billy Davies’s side was known for it, but this squad is on a different level. Besides Billy’s side couldn’t live with this one because of the sub-football he had them playing. In addition the fans are incredibly together, with Stoke away being the best they have been ........... so far!

It’s great to be part of it, and if you aren’t involved - get involved before you miss out on one of the greatest eras in history.

Just hoping we are still on a decent run with the majority of the squad still here when we take the trip down the A52.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

There's some re-writing of history with Billy-hate going on. Oakley, Howard, Barnes, Jones, etc...did not play 'sub-football'. 

"Wembley Final - Derby: Bywater, Mears, Leacock, Moore, McEveley, Fagan (Edworthy 83), Oakley, Seth Johnson (Jones 87), Pearson, Howard, Peschisolido (Barnes 58).
Subs Not Used: Camp, Macken."

I read that Football League World (whoever they are) are predicting that January’s transfer business could see one player in and two out at Derby.

Their predictions are an extension to Phil Jagielkas contract, the two out are Tom Lawrence and Sam Baldock.

…………..If that’s the state of the squad at the end of January I’d be bloody ecstatic 

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

53 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's some re-writing of history with Billy-hate going on. Oakley, Howard, Barnes, Jones, etc...did not play 'sub-football'. 

"Wembley Final - Derby: Bywater, Mears, Leacock, Moore, McEveley, Fagan (Edworthy 83), Oakley, Seth Johnson (Jones 87), Pearson, Howard, Peschisolido (Barnes 58).
Subs Not Used: Camp, Macken."

was so excited when barnes came on the scene -  watching him kick a football in the warm up was enough reason to turn up. A decent coach and a decent physio and he would have had a stellar career. Will never forget the way he pointed to the wide right for the ball before he gave Pearson that assist

29 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I would imagine Baldock out to free a spot as Plange does his role better and Baldock is injury prone. Can't see Lawrence going anywhere unless we get a silly bid.

He'll be gone, Whether January or June, He will not be offered the same wage as he's on now with us, If we believe he's on £25k a week, We'll get 2 players that will put more into a game than himself imo

Edited by Unlucky Alf

24 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I would imagine Baldock out to free a spot as Plange does his role better and Baldock is injury prone. Can't see Lawrence going anywhere unless we get a silly bid.

no one will bid for Lawrence imho, there's not enough money around   And I doubt we'll get a sensible bid for Marshall though Rooney will let him go for a song.   I think fortunately no one will bid for Bielik until he's proven his fitness.  Yes it's just not worked for Baldock, not sure we will see him again