The Administration Thread

Boycie

14 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I would be surprised at minus 15 in league 1. A big threat of league 2 football the year after. Surely liquidation would be more likely than a takeover which leaves a huge points deduction next year in a lower division. 

Let's say in the unlikely event we do start next season on -15...

1. We would have to be a top 2 side to finish in the playoffs, or
2. We would have to be a top 10 side to avoid relegation.

I would back ourselves to at least stay up, and if we retain most of the players we currently have I would back us to finish the season in the Playoffs.

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I would back ourselves to at least stay up, and if we retain most of the players we currently have I would back us to finish the season in the Playoffs.

In 2008 Leeds had a -15 points deduction in Division One. They made it to the play-off final where they lost one-nil to Doncaster.

41 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yeh, I think the situation with a very small squad and contracts expiring mean there would have to be a big influx of players and contract extensions. A buyer would have to spend money on the squad and if not, at least not have a 15 point handicap in league 1. This doesn’t seem to make business sense, unless Morris is happy having a lot less for the stadium or something. 

1 minute ago, BriggRam said:

I don't give a poo that patience is running thin at the EFL, I would get banned on here if I expressed my feelings on the efl

There wouldn’t be many members left on here as we all feel the same. KM is trying to make out that the EFL are fair and proportionate regulators who work in synergy with English law and are the wounded party in this long lasting saga. I suppose he is a bit of an EFL poster boy after his revelations on amortisation methods though.

6 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

I don't give a poo that patience is running thin at the EFL, I would get banned on here if I expressed my feelings on the efl

I don't give a monkey's about the EFL. The bit I am agreeing with is the poor communication of the Administrators to the employees and supporters of the club.

We're going round in circles but the other day I said it would only take them 5 minutes a week to give everyone an update. Heck, they don't even update the manager.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Well, at least there's something else to worry about at the moment.

It definitely puts football into perspective, but we are the only set of fans who have been through 2 years of torment, with constant background stress. We really deserve a good outcome, as we are the innocent party in the whole affair, along with the players and staff at the club.

8 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Sad say it, and hard to admit it, but I'm reaching the point where I couldn't care less anymore.

Tomorrow I might feel different.

Always have a love for DCFC though

With all that is going on in Ukraine all this poo is trivial. Not to say its not pulling me down but let's be fair it could be worse......couldn't it????

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I don't give a monkey's about the EFL. The bit I am agreeing with is the poor communication of the Administrators to the employees and supporters of the club.

We're going round in circles but the other day I said it would only take them 5 minutes a week to give everyone an update. [b]Heck, they don't even update the manager.[/b]

I think this is a key point lost on some who's vitriol towards the EFL has lent itself to tin foil hat levels of conspiracy-thinking.

Q have been diabolical at communicating.  To see some defend them and claim it's because of some weird way of not letting news filter to the media via the EFL is infuriating, when you hear Rooney talk about constantly being kept in the dark, same with other staff.  

Having to loan money, therefore increasing the debt to see the season out is just madness.  They have gambled the future of the club on staying up.  Lunacy.  I still think some would rather they continue to do that.  I accepted relegation a long time ago, you have to think about what football and supporting your football club means to you, and Championship football isn't the crux of what it means to me.  They could have reduced costs greatly by moving on out of contract players, saving big numbers on salary and returning fees, however modest, meaning less money needing to be borrowed and being closer to evidence funding to the end of the season.  Those out of contract players are going to walk away anyway and L1 will still occur.  

Instead, they refused to sell them, pissed off the EFL and other member clubs, now refuse to engage in dialogue with the EFL, don't update the man who's brought some pride to the club over the past month and pick up a huge, ever increasing, pay packet all while long.

Q are mugging this club and its fans off, and some seem to lap it up as some genuine way of giving everyone the V.  It's not.  

Shambles.