The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

And I worry also that arbitration sounds a bit like 'Well give them half then..' which is no more viable and thus pointless. Arbitration is just a way of finding a compromise position/number not deciding right vs wrong but anything that is not a tiny fraction of the insane numbers claimed is just not going to happen and even a tiny fraction is going to have to come straight out of the pockets of a potential owner because the club hasn't got a pot to piss in, in fact it has about minus 50 million pots. As we have seen, potential owners are not going to take well to taking any kind of additional hit unless possibly it is a token amount hence no PB still.

And before poorly informed lunatics from other clubs with an exe to grind say "Wah wah wah.. sell some players then", well in case you hadn't noticed 1) We have, (what is it) 5/6 players sold or contracts expired in the past few weeks alone ? plus all those who walked last summer and 2) Much of the rest of the squad is out of contract in the summer due to endless embargoes so is worth sod all in transfer fees. We are left with the vast majority of this paper thin squad this year has been young lads, frees and players on the brink of retirement and the odd journeyman who have performed absolute heroics in an impossible situation and we are immensely proud of each and every one of them.

If their deemed a football creditor it would probably come out of held back TV money over time or this golden share would be used.  Either way it future impacts on profitability, ability to cover agreed payment plans and sale price -if a new owner opts to pay up front, plus it opens the gateway for further claims.  All of a sudden other clubs who have said nothing get the poops and vote to close any chance of clubs claiming off clubs whilst we're shunted. 

14 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

And I worry also that arbitration sounds a bit like 'Well give them half then..' which is no more viable and thus pointless. Arbitration is just a way of finding a compromise position/number not deciding right vs wrong but anything that is not a tiny fraction of the insane numbers claimed is just not going to happen and even a tiny fraction is going to have to come straight out of the pockets of a potential owner because the club hasn't got a pot to piss in, in fact it has about minus 50 million pots. As we have seen, potential owners are not going to take well to taking any kind of additional hit unless possibly it is a token amount hence no PB still.

And before poorly informed lunatics from other clubs with an exe to grind say "Wah wah wah.. sell some players then", well in case you hadn't noticed 1) We have, (what is it) 5/6 players sold or contracts expired in the past few weeks alone ? plus all those who walked last summer and 2) Much of the rest of the squad is out of contract in the summer due to endless embargoes so is worth sod all in transfer fees. We are left with the vast majority of this paper thin squad this year has been young lads, frees and players on the brink of retirement and the odd journeyman who have performed absolute heroics in an impossible situation and we are immensely proud of each and every one of them.

If I was a bidder... particularly one with little to no allegiance and/or romantic feelings towards the specific club I'm potentially offering to purchase... today would be the very day that I would be making an official public  announcement via the press to state that, due to the recently lost assets (Read "lowering of the overall value of the club, due to outgoing player transfers "), that should it subsequently be deemed that the current monies owed to creditors is to be increased... regardless of the value of such an increase... I will be withdrawing myself from the buying process with immediate effect.

8 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not much different here, other than to further reinforce that the EFL will eventually be under some serious scrutiny.

Something, something independent regulator... something independent regulator... something, something independent regulator... something.

Can't come soon enough... and may well not come soon enough for us! ?

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not much different here, other than to further reinforce that the EFL will eventually be under some serious scrutiny.

I don’t like this EFL must preserve the integrity of the League on behalf of all member clubs bit.

Nothing wrong with a bit of integrity. But none has been shown by the EFL. 

and what happened to Bury? How was that preserving the integrity of anyone to vaporise a club like Bury just because EFL is such a crap regulator .

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Something, something independent regulator... something independent regulator... something, something independent regulator... something.

Can't come soon enough... and may well not come soon enough for us! ?

Exactly. Of course we need an independent regulator. But what are you going to do in the meantime?

2 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

It’s worse than that, as it stands, they have nothing to gain we have no money to give them even if they win ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Exactly! Pointless and dangerous exercise going to arbitration, which seemed to be pushed along by local mps. We can stay in administration for 18 months, no rush looking for a new buyer but we needed to find £5milion from this transfer window which we’ve refused to do. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t like this EFL must preserve the integrity of the League on behalf of all member clubs bit.

Nothing wrong with a bit of integrity. But none has been shown by the EFL. 

and what happened to Bury? How was that preserving the integrity of anyone to vaporise a club like Bury just because EFL is such a crap regulator .

That's the point being made... changes need to be made, so this can be achieved in the future.  Unfortunately, the past is in the past.    ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Exactly. Of course we need an independent regulator. But what are you going to do in the meantime?

Me?

Where do I come into it?  Not sure you fully appreciate just who you are speaking to... so I'll tell yer... Little Mr Nobody, that's who!

I don't get a say!  

35 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

When this question was first tabled I gave feedback that it was the wrong question. It was too broadly about “being aware of Derby County’s circumstances” rather than addressing vexatious claims or regulations that hadn’t kept up with the statute book. We all know the EFL aren’t fit for purpose - the review had already come to that conclusion. 

No harm done, but a missed opportunity to address our issues.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

When this question was first tabled I gave feedback that it was the wrong question. It was too broadly about “being aware of Derby County’s circumstances” rather than addressing vexatious claims or regulations that hadn’t kept up with the statute book. We all know the EFL aren’t fit for purpose - the review had already come to that conclusion. 

No harm done, but a missed opportunity to address our issues.

It's a good point, although the answer would probably have been something of a get out like "it remains a part of our civil law that any party damaged by another can seek redress through the courts, indeed it is an important part of our freedoms (etc).... the circumstances of the league rules in relation to civil law do not affect the statutory rights of the business of football clubs" and then back to "...an independent regulator operating under statutory powers...Tracy crouch etc...."

30 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Me?

Where do I come into it?  Not sure you fully appreciate just who you are speaking to... so I'll tell yer... Little Mr Nobody, that's who!

I don't get a say!  

Ha ha! I mean the Government. They couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery . A piss Up at 10 Downing Street however..

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Apparently all 3 arbiters will be Barristers which gives me more confidence as there will be no bias just the facts .

Hey ho 

That will cost £10k per day then. God only knows what Mel’s Admin team team are going to charge us by the time everything is sorted. Another £5 mill?

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Pragmatism my ar5e.

Parry wouldn't understand pragmatism if it smacked him in the face.

Since when have the EFL had a Pragmatic approach to any issue? 

We are still waiting on them to answer the Football or non Football Creditor situation after 2 weeks. That in my opinion is not Pragmatic. 

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Ha ha! I mean the Government. They couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery . A piss Up at 10 Downing Street however..

It'll probably come put it was the staffers who were made to organise it who are going to get the blame. "Oh it was Tristan who we sent to Sainsbury's local with a hold all to buy the booze's fault, we all just innocently focused on saving the country from the pandemic until he did that, the bamford."