The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

You said that the administrators cannot name a preferred bidder, personally I think that is factually incorrect.

Not sure what point you are trying to make here. Wayne Rooney is on record as saying he had been told that preferred bidder was expected to be named last Thursday night or Friday. Owen Bradley on record as saying EFL were reviewing our case on Thursday.  

Now I am not Sherlock Holmes but after puffing on all my three pipes  I have reached the conclusion  that no preferred bidder was named due to the EFL's decision at the Thursday meeting. Quantuma statement on Friday makes that pretty clear.

We had three bids as of last week  but none of them were willing to take on the Boro and Wycombe claims. There should have been no need for them to be asked to take on Boro and Wycombe claims as they would not survive a normal insolvency process. Yet the EFL didn't like that.  

Are you saying that a preferred bidder could have been named on the assumption that EFL did agree to Q's proposal, which as it happened they didn't? Which might have put off the other two all for no reason? That would be a pretty daft idea.     

3 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

The way I see it is a preferred bidder who is willing to take on the claim would mean we can come out of administration and be able to bring players in.

Then after the administration is lifted the new owners go to arbitration and if they lost the claim we could claim against QPR for a bigger amount.

That would open up the floodgates for many claims from many clubs going back many years.

If we win the claim those two clubs can go back down their holes where they came from.

Is this correct?

Open up a claim against QPR immediately so they’re done at the same time. Otherwise you can guarantee that the EFL will change the rules in the meantime.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

But at what cost to the other creditors? Who may not agree if the Binnie bid is lower than the others, as its not the best deal for other creditors?  

Would imagine it covers the creditors, just not MSD probably, who’ll retain a charge over the stadium. MFC/WW claims would be provisioned for at all.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not sure what point you are trying to make here. Wayne Rooney is on record as saying he had been told that preferred bidder was expected to be named last Thursday night or Friday. Owen Bradley on record as saying EFL were reviewing our case on Thursday.  

Now I am not Sherlock Holmes but after puffing on all my three pipes  I have reached the conclusion  that no preferred bidder was named due to the EFL's decision at the Thursday meeting. Quantuma statement on Friday makes that pretty clear.

We had three bids as of last week  but none of them were willing to take on the Boro and Wycombe claims. There should have been no need for them to be asked to take on Boro and Wycombe claims as they would not survive a normal insolvency process. Yet the EFL didn't like that.  

Are you saying that a preferred bidder could have been named on the assumption that EFL did agree to Q's proposal, which as it happened they didn't? Which might have put off the other two all for no reason? That would be a pretty daft idea.     

EFLs stance does not affect who.our preffered bidder is.

If we have don't have a bidder who can meet the requirements then we have no bidder.

If the administrators are confident in their stance and the legal advice they have received, then they name our preferred bidder and give the EFL something to think about.

Although the EFL can stop a takeover, I dont see exactly how they can stop the administrators from naming their preferred bidder.

Naming someone as preferred bidder does not mean they have to complete the takeover.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If we have don't have a bidder who can meet the requirements then we have no bidder.

But isn't that the point? We had a bidder based on what we understood the rules to be (we could basically reject the Boro and Wycombe claims). The EFL then said 'We won't accept this, you need to address those claims, and (at least) get your bidder to take on any future liability.'

Hey presto, we don't have a bidder. Because even if we could legally proceed, the bidder won't buy if they are going to get kicked out of the league for breaking these newly-revealed rules.

Edited by vonwright

1 minute ago, vonwright said:

But isn't that the point? We had a bidder based on what we understood the rules to be (we could basically reject the Boro and Wycombe claims). The EFL then said 'We won't accept this, you need to address those claims, and (at least) get your bidder to take on any future liability.'

Hey presto, we don't have a bidder. Because even if we could legally proceed, the bidder won't buy if they are going to get kicked out of the league for breaking these newly-revealed rules.

Not sure.

18 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Only the Administrators have to except it 

They won't accept it if it doesn't satisfy the creditors.

The EFL prevented us naming a PB last week. They have to be satisfied or they will impose further penalties including possibly expulsion from the league.

9 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

They won't accept it if it doesn't satisfy the creditors.

The EFL prevented us naming a PB last week. They have to be satisfied or they will impose further penalties including possibly expulsion from the league.

Carlisle Capital will satisfy the creditors even if it’s -15 points next season but I think the Administrators are waiting just in case a better offer comes in .

PS More money will also be coming in from possible players sales and gate receipts etc and season tickets next season will probably be a factor in May 

They will only wait so long for Ashley or Appleby etc 

Edited by Curtains
Added

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Carlisle Capital will satisfy the creditors even if it’s -15 points next season but I think the Administrators are waiting just in case a better offer comes in .

PS More money will also be coming in from possible players sales and gate receipts etc and season tickets next season will probably be a factor in May 

They will only wait so long for Ashley or Appleby etc 

Man, I'm past caring who saves us so long as somebody does. Survival of the club is all that matters.

I'd like us to keep Rooney and the players and not have yet another points deduction but all those things are secondary to ensuring our continued existence.

I welcome the bid from the Binnies. I just don't think we're over the survival finishing line just yet. Let's hope it's soon.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Man, I'm past caring who saves us so long as somebody does. Survival of the club is all that matters.

I'd like us to keep Rooney and the players and not have yet another points deduction but all those things are secondary to ensuring our continued existence.

I welcome the bid from the Binnies. I just don't think we're over the survival finishing line just yet. Let's hope it's soon.

We are in a much better position now IMO .

We will survive as DCFC 

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

NEWSFLASH

Wycombe increase claim on Derby County from 7m to 14m.

Blaming today's defeat taking them from 1st to 4th on having to watch the Notts Forest v Derby game right to the end thus making them ill prepared for their own match.

A visibly shaking Rob Couhig said after the game..'its always Derby..they will cost us the 7m quid we would get for winning the league, today was all down to them..we were ill prepared..if they hadn't played early we would have won this game 5-0 and every other game we have left - Derby have ruined another Wycombe season we demand compensation.'

Worth noting the last game of the season for Wycombe is away at Burton Albion - I wonder if Burton might need some help that day