The Administration Thread

Boycie

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think this thread should stand as a tribute to all those "experts", from other clubs in particular, who insisted that Derby would be liquidated because HMRC would want to make an example of us. I never believed that, because all HMRC ever wanted was to be in a position where they couldn't be disregarded. However, I always believed that liquidation was entirely possible if an acceptable offer wasn't forthcoming, but thankfully it was. 

The bitter tears of our enemies will sustain me for years. ? 

Hold up a moment. You're calling out fans of other clubs for thinking we would be liquidated, but you thought we could be yourself?

Careful of the splinters mate ?

12 hours ago, ram59 said:

But surely even if the creditors accepted a payment plan, anything less than 25% immediately, it would draw a 15 point deduction from the EFL, because it wouldn't meet their requirements? If a plan was accepted, surely it would mean that we had to pay 35%, in order to satisfy the EFL?

I think the EFL requirement for a zero-points deduction was to pay 25p in the pound up front, or pay 35p in the pound within 3 years. So either the lower amount up front, or a higher percentage deferred for 3 years or by instalments over 3 years. I am not sure which of those David Clowes has  chosen.

24 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Read it again. 

I have read it five time to be sure and the only hair I could split is the fine line between 'would' and 'could'.

However, still seems a bit rich to criticize others for believing something you yourself believed was a possibility. On the plus side, there's an opening coming up for the Prime Ministers job.

29 minutes ago, ClowePow said:

Hold up a moment. You're calling out fans of other clubs for thinking we would be liquidated, but you thought we could be yourself?

Careful of the splinters mate ?

Fee-fi-fo-fum 

I smell the blood of a Treetard Wum 

You've made a fair attempt at disguising yourself, but your inability to distinguish between "could" and "would", and the nature of your other posts, have given you away. 

At least be honest about it. I'm sure if you restrict yourself to honest debate, or even non-offensive banter, the mods will allow you to stay. It's up to you. 

1 minute ago, ClowePow said:

I have read it five time to be sure and the only hair I could split is the fine line between 'would' and 'could'.

However, still seems a bit rich to criticize others for believing something you yourself believed was a possibility. On the plus side, there's an opening coming up for the Prime Ministers job.

That clearly wasn't the only difference...

Derby would be liquidated because HMRC would want to make an example of us.

Vs

I always believed that liquidation was entirely possible if an acceptable offer wasn't forthcoming

Just now, Crewton said:

Fee-fi-fo-fum 

I smell the blood of a Treetard Wum 

You've made a fair attempt at disguising yourself, but your inability to distinguish between "could" and "would", and the nature of your other posts, have given you away. 

At least be honest about it. I'm sure if you restrict yourself to honest debate, or even non-offensive banter, the mods will allow you to stay. It's up to you. 

Now I'm insulted.

You're going to have to provide evidence if you're going to make such heinous allegations, sir.

Or do you think everyone that disagrees with you is just because they're a Florist fan?

2 minutes ago, ClowePow said:

It's not a fine line if you understand English grammar and syntax. "will be liquidated" and "could be liquidated" are the difference between certainty and possibility, and that was my point entirely. 

1 minute ago, ClowePow said:

Now I'm insulted.

You're going to have to provide evidence if you're going to make such heinous allegations, sir.

Or do you think everyone that disagrees with you is just because they're a Florist fan?

And you're going to have to change your attitude and the nature of your posts if you want to convince me that you're not a WUM. 

I'll leave it to the mods to decide, but we're done here. 

Just now, Crewton said:

And you're going to have to change your attitude and the nature of your posts if you want to convince me that you're not a WUM. 

I'll leave it to the mods to decide, but we're done here. 

I guess so.

However, in my defense, my original post was intended in jest until you decided to jump on it with 'attitude' and then start throwing allegations around. I'll leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Flying Fokker said:

I felt Derby would survive.  Too big a club.  The Admin blew opportunities.  Not many clubs in admin have so many bidders as well. 

My thought process all along too.

I would have been much more fearful if we were a club of Bristol City's size, for example.

girl smile GIF

5 hours ago, Flying Fokker said:

I felt Derby would survive.  Too big a club.  The Admin blew opportunities.  Not many clubs in admin have so many bidders as well. 

I thought exactly the same about companies like Woolworths and Pan Am, they were BIG companies, we were only saved by one mans passion for his\our football club. People normally buy football clubs as vanity projects but I think that might be coming to an end as the ongoing funds needed to sustain a club are so large, the only people who make real money out of football clubs are the agents and players. 

I do think that, in the not too far distant future, we will see professional clubs fail and disappear, I have no real answer to the problem but the last year has certainly focused my mind as to how precious our club is to many of us and what it would be like to be without it. 

Perhaps there has been an upside to the events of the last year and we have learnt that the long term survival of the club is more important to us than Premiership, Champions league.    

7 hours ago, Flying Fokker said:

I never thought liquidation was likely because creditors, including HMRC would have got next to nothing and Mel would have ended up up with a white elephant and a pay day loan to finance. I reckon Mel did stuff in the background that cost him and incidentally helped u, but also saved him from bigger problems further down the line.

I feared we could have been bought by a chancer for not very much and had more penalties, punishments and EFL humiliation. There were other bidders but I doubt they were of much quality or substance. Even low American bids would have had levels of leverage clever financials that I reckon would have been messy once the euphoria was over.

We have been very very lucky with DC. There won’t be much money but what there is will be old money from people who live long term business rather than fast buck “opportunities” 

7 hours ago, ClowePow said:

I guess so.

However, in my defense, my original post was intended in jest until you decided to jump on it with 'attitude' and then start throwing allegations around. I'll leave it at that.

You and Crewton . Children, children please stop now

2 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I thought exactly the same about companies like Woolworths and Pan Am, they were BIG companies, we were only saved by one mans passion for his\our football club. People normally buy football clubs as vanity projects but I think that might be coming to an end as the ongoing funds needed to sustain a club are so large, the only people who make real money out of football clubs are the agents and players. 

I do think that, in the not too far distant future, we will see professional clubs fail and disappear, I have no real answer to the problem but the last year has certainly focused my mind as to how precious our club is to many of us and what it would be like to be without it. 

Perhaps there has been an upside to the events of the last year and we have learnt that the long term survival of the club is more important to us than Premiership, Champions league.    

I think you’re right and the next 2 years will see it crystallise. Yet having said that I think our experience plus the Covid damage and all the other pressures we have been seeing in the world, have changed the game and expectations. A lot of free agents around and salaries will not be what they were for none parachute clubs.