The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I thought the rule was "No taking fellow members to courts of law.  Call the EFL, and we'll set aside a private and neutral room in Preston to sort it out between ourselves"!  ?‍♂️

“private and neutral room” staffed by people of the efl’s choosing, on condition that they arrive at an efl approved ruling.

And yes, I am being cynical about our dear (expensive?) friends the efl!

8 hours ago, Foreveram said:

It would also be our lowest position ever.

And unsurprising, since we started pre-season with the smallest squad ever. Even Arthur Cox inherited more players than Rosenior has, and back then the club weren't under any EFL restrictions. 

It's still important that fans recognise, amongst all of the understandable euphoria, that this won't be a cakewalk. 

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I saw Mike Ashley in Derby yesterday, driving over Pride Park.

Most probably visiting one of his many businesses.

But still, I saw Mike Ashley.

There were a lot of expensive cars in the area yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not sure what you expect them to say. I would imagine they’ve just moved on to their next acquisition target.

I remain convinced his interest in Derby came from the distressed state of the club and not because he wanted it on its merits.

In a timeline where Clowes is unable or unwilling, Mike Ashley probably does get the club at Ashley's price. Who knows afterwards, but that's a different universe and I doubt Ashley lost any sleep or shed any tear.