The Administration Thread

Boycie

20 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

One thing is certain - it won’t be extended again. 

How do you know that?   Q have been weak and pushed around throughout the whole process.  What happened tonyhe £5m nonrefundable deposit from the PB?  CK said it wasn't necessary and they rolled over and accepted it.  Q have been a car crash from start to finish.  Ask Tom, he's experienced in these matters...

15 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

Or very close to a final stalemate with  no other option to fall back to........

The EFL have to be starting to issue deadlines now as they have to be certain that DCFC is in a position to start the season, let alone complete it.

At the moment there are insufficient players, and the club remains under embargo until it exits administration.

The EFL will at some point have to make their decision in order to finalise the league structure and inform any team they they are not relegated, or, that they are actually promoted.

My view would be that this has to happen before the transfer window opens, or the clubs relegated/promoted would be disadvantaged by maybe releasing players they could have kept, and by not being able sign players they could have.

There is no decision for EFL to make other than to approve the final deal. The embrago can only go so far , and if player contracts cannot be extended in June EFL will have to allow us to get some players to come in as free agents before start of season , I think they did this when Wigan started a new season under admin.  Our admin may take similar or maybe slightly longer than wigan but same should apply.

We are not approaching any final deadline so long as Q believe we can continue, we will. It's not up to the EFL.  

Edited by PistoldPete

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

There is no decision for EFL to make other than to approve the final deal. The embrago can only go so far , and if player contracts cannot be extended in June EFL will have to allow us to get some players to come in as free agents before start of season , I think they did this when Wigan started a new season under admin.  Our admin may take similar or maybe slightly longer than wigan but same should apply.

We are not approaching any final deadline so long as Q believe we can continue, we will. It's not up to the EFL.  

Sorry but you are wrong, the EFL have an obligation to ensure the integrity of the competition, in Derby's case we are in admin, they have an obligation to ensure we can secure enough funding to see out the season.  Which is why the fit and proper tests include proving funding in any purchase process....

Which is also why the golden share exisis......

Edited by RAM1966

54 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Eet orla dependa.

It may make perfect sense to extend again, in fact Q might be pretty much forced to extend. But surely we’re close.

Eat wheel appen pronto

(Am in Italy apologies)

No need to apologise to them mate.  I'm sure they'll get used to you!  They're a very tolerant nation!

17 minutes ago, sage said:

We would. Every other team did. 

Every other team hadn't been under some form of embargo for the best part of 2 years and had been blocked fom extending contracts and forced to give players away....extreme circumstances due to the low number of contracted players would mean our inclusion would damage the whole idea of a competitive league....

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

you are spot in that there is no rule that stops a club starting a season in administration. But, the big problem is the Transfer Embargo that will remain until the Club exits administration. So the problem is the fact that the club will currently not be able to put out a team.

That`s not being a "Doom Goblin", it`s looking at the current situation and considering the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Precisely - we can't start next season in Administration because we won't be able to field a team.....

Worst case scenario would be having to field players from our under 18s and under 23s. Exactly the same thing happened to Bolton in 2019/20 & they predictably finished second bottom of League One. No suggestion at that time that the EFL wouldn't allow it.

FWIW I dont believe for a second that will happen. We will exit administration over the next few weeks but I don't believe it will be with Kirchner as owner.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Worst case scenario would be having to field players from our under 18s and under 23s. Exactly the same thing happened to Bolton in 2019/20 & they predictably finished bottom of League One. No suggestion at that time that the EFL wouldn't allow it.

FWIW I dont believe for a second that will happen. We will exit administration over the next few weeks but I don't believe it will be with Kirchner as owner.

Kirchner will be the owner 

17 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Every other team hadn't been under some form of embargo for the best part of 2 years and had been blocked fom extending contracts and forced to give players away....extreme circumstances due to the low number of contracted players would mean our inclusion would damage the whole idea of a competitive league....

i didn't say it would be a good team, but we have the income to put some form of side out

7 minutes ago, sage said:

i didn't say it would be a good team, but we have the income to put some form of side out

Where is the income coming from?

If come midnight on Monday and the deal is still not done, what money is left? Where is any more coming from? And the transfer window opens 3 weeks on Friday.

If it doesn't get done on Monday, it really is looking bleak IMO

Just now, RipleyRich said:

If come midnight on Monday and the deal is still not done, what money is left? Where is any more coming from? And the transfer window opens 3 weeks on Friday.

I can’t see why it would be anything else other than CK or Liquidation.

Just now, Curtains said:

I’m not a sceptic and it’s the best option for Q .

Ashley would destroy Derby IMO coming in at this late stage 

Best option for Quantuma maybe but doesnt mean it will happen. Morris still has the trump card with ownership of PP & his conduct to date doesnt fill me with any confidence he will facilitate a deal to allow Kirchner access to PP via a 3rd party. Longer this goes on, greater chance of Kirchner walking & he's already done it once.

Will be happy to be proven wrong but Ashley wouldn't still be in the frame if it was close to a done deal. 

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Precisely - we can't start next season in Administration because we won't be able to field a team.....

I think the reason we won’t start next season in administration is because we‘d have run out of cash in the meantime. Don’t think it would be down to the EFL. 

Anyone who paints insolvency as the most likely scenario - given what we are now hearing - is a DOOM GOBLIN 

47 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

The EFL would let us sell players outosdr of the window 

After that, season ticket money etc for ths season. 

It would be painful but we could limp along for another season.