The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Confirmation bias 

noun

the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories

No problem you posting that Kevin. My opinion and judgement of Morris has served me very well over the last 5 years thank you. I will be pleasantly surprised (but delighted) if he does the right thing to end his tenure, which means gifting the stadium back to the Club and/or its supporters.

It's been said before, but the expectations management by the admins and by Rooney has been terrible. Many weeks ago (and ever since) it was all "imminent" but nothing has transpired. We have a hard deadline approaching of the end of the transfer window, after which there is no opportunity to bolster revenues through player sales to keep the club in existence. It seems highly unlikely there's enough in the pot to keep trading through until the summer window reopens and most of our players will be out of contract then anyway, thanks to the EFL ensuring that was the case.

Today I'm deeply pessimistic. It feels as if we're running out of road. 

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I agree, and my concern is that some £50/55m is required to keep club creditors happy - including full repayment of MSD, and agreed amount with HMRC - and Morris wants £20m on top for 'his' stadium.  I will raise your little bit annoyed to ducking furiously pissed off if that is the case, particularly as despite the great efforts on the pitch of late realistically 3rd tier football is what we will have next season.

As we have discussed at length iram, we don't know what the loan situation i with PPS, and if the £20 m is just required to clear the debt from PPS it would seem fair enough, it's still an absolute bargain at that price. Having said that, playing devils advocate  there was no secured debt prior to 2018, the only debt was Mels soft loans, so we are in a worse position now thanks to the 2018 deal to sell the stadium. .  

But I would think PPS is of more interest  to Ashley than it is for Kirchner. The Sports Direct stadium , selling Sports Direct tat from the club shop and all that. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's been said before, but the expectations management by the admins and by Rooney has been terrible. Many weeks ago (and ever since) it was all "imminent" but nothing has transpired. We have a hard deadline approaching of the end of the transfer window, after which there is no opportunity to bolster revenues through player sales to keep the club in existence. It seems highly unlikely there's enough in the pot to keep trading through until the summer window reopens and most of our players will be out of contract then anyway, thanks to the EFL ensuring that was the case.

Come on buddy. We are not quite there yet. Remember those recent good days when we were taking pictures down Wembley Way x

thelma-and-louise-vintage.gif

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Took him a bloody long time, plus he overpaid for the Toon. Don't suppose he wants to repeat that mistake.

Yes it took Ashley a long time to get a return on Newcastle. And he didn’t do proper diligence so he overpaid, as you say. But I’d think he still made a 10% return year on year (if you include loan interest) and he’ll now have belief that he can do it better.
The great thing about this bet for him is that if we stay in business the down side is small. And he’s got the wealth to ensure that we do 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

As we have discussed at length iram, we don't know what the loan situation i with PPS, and if the £20 m is just required to clear the debt from PPS it would seem fair enough, it's still an absolute bargain at that price. Having said that, playing devils advocate  there was no secured debt prior to 2018, the only debt was Mels soft loans, so we are in a worse position now thanks to the 2018 deal to sell the stadium. .  

But I would think PPS is of more interest  to Ashley than it is for Kirchner. The Sports Direct stadium , selling Sports Direct tat from the club shop and all that. 

Absolute bargain ? You really will have to tell me why we are not overloaded with buyers if that is the case. Actually don't. Our conversations are beginning to bore me now. No offence and all that.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

TBH the more I consider the idea of leasing the stadium the more I'm okay with it. Afterall if it is Ashley who buys us he's not renowned for the upkeep of 'property' he owns.  

I am not against it either Roy, if the lease is transferrable on the preferential terms originally agreed. But I fail to see why anyone pay c£50m for the current squad and a couple of long leases when realistically we will be on Third Tier incomes next year.  The stadium (bricks and mortar) is key to the deal being concluded. 

46 minutes ago, Topram said:

Wonder if Rooneys press conference is today 

The press conference should be today, but as I have suspected all week, he will send Rosenior on press duties.

I hope I'm wrong, I want Rooney to tell us everything is going to be fine, like he did on Saturday, it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

20 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Absolute bargain ? You really will have to tell me why we are not overloaded with buyers if that is the case. Actually don't. Our conversations are beginning to bore me now. No offence and all that.

At the risk of boring you, maybe the reported £20 m price for PPS is only available to buyers of the club. It’s a bargain otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The press conference should be today, but as I have suspected all week, he will send Rosenior on press duties.

I hope I'm wrong, I want Rooney to tell us everything is going to be fine, like he did on Saturday, it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

They’ve been doing it Friday last few weeks maybe they’ll do it tomorrow 

34 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It has felt like that for a while now.

Fans will come back with "but there are 16 days left of January" as they do every window when we are desperately waiting for those signing we need, but never arrive.

This is far more serious than that. We have 16 days left to either, select a preffered bidder, who is willing to finance the club until a takeover is complete, with no guarantees of success, or 16 days to sell enough players to keep the club afloat until the summer.

Seeing fans on Twitter saying "announce Diallo" is absolutely laughable, if not a little sad.

We are hurtling towards the edge of a cliff in a 1980 Ford cortina, being driven by your dad, the MOT has failed more times than you care to remember and you can't work out if he is yet to apply the brake ?

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He should be concentrating on the Sheffield United match and leave it at that - after the game he will probably get asked.