The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where's Justin Walker gone?

Still there I hope. Rosenior for now stepping up to Rooney's position with Jake stepping up to Rosenior's post.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Load of old toss about players. 

As if our main two targets are CM players. 

To be fair, most Derby thing ever would be to spend our time planning to sign players in the one location we actually have players! Goalie? Nah! Let's get someone to keep Bird, Knight, Bielik (currently) and Sibley on their toes.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How do they know what the new owners plans are ?

I think they are interim posts until the appointment of a new head coach is confirmed.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Imagine until a takeover is completed we can't sign anyone. Wasn't getting finance in place purely to show that we could complete the season. Who would sign them anyway, the administrators won't and Rosenior is only taking interim charge for training etc. 

Yes this hiatus between DC buying the stadium and possibly buying the club costs us a few more valuable days. 

But the loan is in place and there is certainty that there WILL be a takeover confirmed within days. So hopefully someone (!) is now able to move forward with plans for the squad even if players can’t yet be signed 

18 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Still there I hope. Rosenior for now stepping up to Rooney's position with Jake stepping up to Rosenior's post.

Buxton had a stint at Burton in charge so he is ‘sort of experienced’ 

13 minutes ago, Chopper said:

To be fair, most Derby thing ever would be to spend our time planning to sign players in the one location we actually have players! Goalie? Nah! Let's get someone to keep Bird, Knight, Bielik (currently) and Sibley on their toes.

Then again Bird Night Bielik and Sibley are sellable so they might not be here very long 

7 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

If Clowes is still searching for financial backers, then it sounds to me that he isn’t quite there yet with his bid. 

I don’t think he’s scrabbling around for cash at all - he’s tabled a bid and I don’t think he’d do that without knowing exactly how he’ll fund it

I think the pause is to allow AA and MA one last tilt 

On 25/06/2022 at 09:58, kevinhectoring said:

One thing you can say about Ashley is, you’d rather have him on your side 

So he could send you over the top to face the German machine guns whilst he drank 15 pints and puked in the officers' mess fire you mean. Anyway, I've noticed in recent days that you've developed a penchant for posting in rhyme. Despite your obvious expert grasp of a veritable myriad of subjects, I hadn't expected poetry to be amongst them. Can I therefore just say that this newly-revealed talent, your 'Mike Ashley in a fight' rhetoric and your devotion to all things EFL has inspired me to try my hand. Squeezing all these elements into a humble limerick proved challenging for a novice, but unsurprisingly I found iambic pentameter beyond me. 

Hope you like it!

86 x

Our Kev

There once was man who did prattle,
Always posting pro-EFL tattle,
Gave more credence to them,
Than his fellow Derby men,
Not a man you’d trust in a battle.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

9 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

If Clowes is still searching for financial backers, then it sounds to me that he isn’t quite there yet with his bid. 

He’s already put down funding for this season, but I think he will happily sell the club if someone comes in. I think he just wanted us to have a chance this season and knew we couldn’t wait around any longer.

The club can run at a profit and still be highly competitive in this league. 

23 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, Clowes apparently still shopping around for cash backers so I can't see a deal getting over the line any time soon.

Where has this come from? I thought he had submitted his bid Friday? Wouldn't he have had to have his backers in place by then if that's what he's doing?

Edited by w8sey

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Buxton had a stint at Burton in charge so he is ‘sort of experienced’ 

He was thrown in at the deep end at Burton to cover for the sudden departure of Nigel Clough due to necessary cost cutting brought on by the pandemic. Jake admitted in hindsight that he was not ready for the head coach position and he took his removal squarely on the chin. That is the honesty of the guy.

From what I have heard in the academy, and I have spoken to a couple of people from within, Jake is really well respected for what he has done since coming into the academy and he was soon moved up to the U23 coaching role. I think he will be fine with Rosenior to guide him.

I disagree with Rooney's expressed viewpoint that a fresh pair of eyes would be our best position on the coaching side. On player retention and recruitment at the moment we are still in crisis and I think the best route at the moment is for us to be led through it by people who have been in the midst of the 'firefighting' of the last two seasons. For that reason I would welcome the continued involvement of Rosenior, Justin Walker, Jake, Curtis Davies with Darren Wassall continuing to lead the academy. None of them has let us down.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I don’t think he’s scrabbling around for cash at all - he’s tabled a bid and I don’t think he’d do that without knowing exactly how he’ll fund it

I think the pause is to allow AA and MA one last tilt 

Isn’t Clowes PB yet then?

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Imagine until a takeover is completed we can't sign anyone. Wasn't getting finance in place purely to show that we could complete the season. Who would sign them anyway, the administrators won't and Rosenior is only taking interim charge for training etc. 

I am hoping that the loan provided as funding for the season was budgeted to include the contract offers we have allegedly made as per the retained list submitted. It has to have been based on something to decide on a figure to be loaned.

That way we might not be able to add new faces but could at the very least extend the contracts of some of the existing squad. If we had say Cashin, Davies, Thomson, Kazim and Foz on top of the other lads on that retained list we would be in a slightly stronger position until a takeover is done. Might be wishful thinking on my part of course and would also depend on the players willingness to re-sign

Edited by Caerphilly Ram