The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

If we sell season tickets for next season there will be money. GoC says we are due £7m from EFL before the summer. So why wouldn't we get past the summer?

If we are still in administration the EFL will not release that money,they will keep it to pay football creditors etc if we are liquidated.

8 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

If we sell season tickets for next season there will be money. GoC says we are due £7m from EFL before the summer. So why wouldn't we get past the summer?

My understanding with season tickets, is that the cash is only released over time ie Fixture by fixture.

Given that, I am not sure the funds can be taken as guaranteed and therefore would no be accepted as proof of funds.

(I don`t claim to be an expert on this!)

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

My understanding with season tickets, is that the cash is only released over time ie Fixture by fixture.

Given that, I am not sure the funds can be taken as guaranteed and therefore would no be accepted as proof of funds.

Me neither (an expert in this) , but £7m of season ticket money over a season, plus TV, sponsors etc , it isn't difficult to see why we should have a plan to stay profitable in League One with five contracted players plus a few renewed contracts and a few free agents.

As for EFL not releasing money in case of football creditors I don't see what football creditors we will have left if nearly all the players leave in summer anyway... only Bielik fee which isn't as much as £7m, and won't all be due yet.    

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Me neither (an expert in this) , but £7m of season ticket money over a season, plus TV, sponsors etc , it isn't difficult to see why we should have a plan to stay profitable in League One with five contracted players plus a few renewed contracts and a few free agents.

As for EFL not releasing money in case of football creditors I don't see what football creditors we will have left if nearly all the players leave in summer anyway... only Bielik fee which isn't as much as £7m, and won't all be due yet.    

Doesn’t football creditors include all the staff, pension costs etc as well as the few actual players we owe money on, most players get a bonus when their contracts end etc 

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

I could be wrong on this, but I think that's a one-off arrangement that was put in place because of COVID. I've certainly never heard of it being applied before.

The bigger issue might be accepting card payments.  Credit Card companies are not going to take the risk of letting people spend £400+ on a season ticket for a club that's potentially about to implode.  They'll be on the hock if we do go bust and people try to claim the ticket money back on their cards.

36 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Plus the £2.5M we owe to Lech Poznan for Joz (as there's no way on Earth that the EFL/FA/UEFA would allow us to welch on that after sanctioning his move to Disneyland).

5 minutes ago, RamBeauIV said:

Plus the £2.5M we owe to Lech Poznan for Joz (as there's no way on Earth that the EFL/FA/UEFA would allow us to welch on that after sanctioning his move to Disneyland).

Just curious where you got that figure from? I’ve a hunch you’ve guessed/made it up. 

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

Just curious where you got that figure from? I’ve a hunch you’ve guessed/made it up. 

Widely quoted at the time. OK, I know it's the Athletic, but ...

Derby owe Lech Poznan £2.5m for Jozwiak despite player’s move to MLS side Charlotte FC - The Athletic

https://theathletic.com/news/derby-owe-lech-poznan-25m-for-jozwiak-despite-players-move-to-mls-side-charlotte-fc/2AIJyv1w9nHy/

43 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Doesn’t football creditors include all the staff, pension costs etc as well as the few actual players we owe money on, most players get a bonus when their contracts end etc 

Yes but these are being paid as we go (apart from any bonuses). When player contracts finish in the summer our wage bill will be small apart from Rooney and co.  Wigan were allowed to go into a new season in admin. I don't see how withholding money in case we fail is really doing anything useful.. in fact it only makes it more likely that we will fail. 

28 minutes ago, RamBeauIV said:

The EFL cannot specify what creditors we should pay except in accordance with their rules on "football creditors". They cannot withhold money due to us just because we owe money, that is counterproductive. 

38 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I could be wrong on this, but I think that's a one-off arrangement that was put in place because of COVID. I've certainly never heard of it being applied before.

The bigger issue might be accepting card payments.  Credit Card companies are not going to take the risk of letting people spend £400+ on a season ticket for a club that's potentially about to implode.  They'll be on the hock if we do go bust and people try to claim the ticket money back on their cards.

But some of us are willing to take that risk. DCFC is worth far more to me than £400. Way, way more. 

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The EFL cannot specify what creditors we should pay except in accordance with their rules on "football creditors". They cannot withhold money due to us just because we owe money, that is counterproductive. 

A few people on here have said that the Lech Poznan debt is not a football creditor debt (as they're overseas), so push it into the 25% pile. I don't think that will fly as far as the EFL (or UEFA) are concerned.   The repercussions of not paying this in full will lead to even more punishments and embargos.

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

But some of us are willing to take that risk. DCFC is worth far more to me than £400. Way, way more. 

A-bloody-men to that. A financial hit to save something you've loved all your life or that thing not being there. Easy choice.

10 minutes ago, RamBeauIV said:

A few people on here have said that the Lech Poznan debt is not a football creditor debt (as they're overseas), so push it into the 25% pile. I don't think that will fly as far as the EFL (or UEFA) are concerned.   The repercussions of not paying this in full will lead to even more punishments and embargos.

I’m not quite sure what further punishments or embargo’s that could be applied to make our situation worse. 

28 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I think a bit of an update from Q is needed. It's endless speculation on here... 

According to, well everyone, Q aren’t very good at communicating. It’s highly unlikely we will get any sort or update from them besides the usual rhetoric of we’re looking at the bids and clarifying why they aren’t high enough for what will be a pretty decent 5 a side team next season. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

A lot of our season ticket holders are youngsters who pay a nominal amount . If we managed to scrape together £1 million - that would go over the summer to pay a handful of high earners. We have to get somebody to buy us who has a load of cash.??‍♂️

Either Quantuma are the unluckiest administrators in the land, or, as I've suspected, they just tell fibs.

Only when they are backed into a corner, whether a meeting with Team Derby, supporters groups of Rooney, do they paint a picture that all is rosey and a PB will be announced within "***" and insert new deadline here.

Each time they have given a deadline, imo, they have made it up to buy themselves more time. Only time is now rapidly running out.

They know damn well their isn't a credible buyer amongst the interested parties and unless someone changes their stance massively, it will only end one way, the biggest club in England to have gone into liquidation.

14 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

If we get liquidated can we keep the Derby County name or will we be Derby County AFC or something like that.

I could be entirely wrong, but i think the name, badge, etc would be an asset of sorts and would go to the highest bidder in the event of liquidation.

The actual company name would have to be different, but i think in theory the team could still be called derby county if they owned the naming rights. Not really sure thpugh!