The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Did Bournemouth beat boro by just 1 point while over spending . I havent checked but if thats so then yeah your correct . And yeah im dcfc through and through but the fact is gibsons claim has merit but not to the tune of 45m and sending Derby bust . The only way out of this is for Derby to pay the gate receipts from the play offs or cease to exist . With that in mind and i hate saying it i would pay that and move on .

Derby should give Gibson F ALL

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

The Insolvency Laws do not allow Wycombe to go to court without the agreement of the administrators or Court agreement. I doubt if either will approve that

Why won’t the administrators allow Wycombe to go to court?

If their case is nonsense then there’s every reason to get it to court, however I do appreciate this should have happened months ago, time is now not on our side.

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Why won’t the administrators allow Wycombe to go to court?

If their case is nonsense then there’s every reason to get it to court, however I do appreciate this should have happened months ago, time is now not on our side.

I believe it's because Wycombe can't bring it against an entity that is already in admin

1 hour ago, ptt1 said:

Here’s a solution.

Derby county football club limited accept that under the previous owners directors and in agreement with the previous auditors they applied an amortisation policy that whilst being in a format acceptable to accounting standards was outside of the understanding of the EFL and teams there in. Quantum accept that this was a moral misjudgement and deferred potential write downs on players to later in the term of their contracts however the net financial benefit to the club was £0 and this was a matter of interpretation of the timing rules relating to player registrations.

Derby acknowledge the claim from Middlesbrough but can see no merit in this being pursued by either party through the courts as this would only benefit the legal teams and neither of the football clubs or any other members of the EFL come out of this with any benefit. It could create a dangerous precedent for the EFL and would lead to claims being instigated concerning matters that are not necessarily related to teams competing on the football pitch.

The net benefit to Middlesbrough of being in the premier league for season 19/20 cannot be quantified but it is unlikely the club would have been profitable and therefore again the merit of the claim should be dismissed.

To ensure closure of this matter and allow the championship to continue with a full complement of teams for the 21/22 season Derby county are willing to offer a compromise.

Derby will support Middlesbrough community trust in the sum of £100,000 per annum for the next 4 years. They will also ensure that the Derby County Community Trust and Middlesbrough Trust work together to ensure that the benefits arising from these excellent community organisations can be maximised for the benefit of all the people involved and the users of these trusts.

Genuinely great idea. But, I can see three parties objecting: Middlesbrough, Wycombe and the EFL. ?

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

For anyone who might have missed an incredibly important post from @David due to it being pinned:

I don’t believe this at all!

A preferred bidder puts their offer to the creditors including hmrc and they’ll then recommend it or not. As a preferred bidder hasn’t been named, the creditors won’t know what they are voting on yet.

Im also sure the bids will also be fluid at this stage and adjusted once all liabilities are known.

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

DD3403-F1-0-E25-4999-A351-113-ABC4-D15-B
So it’s £7m, then we let Marshall, Baldock, Jags and Shinnie go and suddenly it’s £13.5m?! No, no vendetta at all. **** right off you bunch of ****s ??

3 months ago, I was outraged at those figures too. Are you slow at typing?

?

52 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Bearing in mine each club can name 25 players in a squad, In theory anyone can name a weekend squad, Rest their top goalscorer and play a fullback, As long as they are squad members then all is fine.

BUT!, If someone gets relegated through our team being decemated through sales to make our finances through to the end of the season, They could have a case against the EFL

I disagree. It states teams must play their strongest team unless a valid reason is given. They can name 25 players in a squad but this also does not include players from the academy as they do not have to be registered. If a team changes their starting 11 to a team full of kids, this is clearly a rule breach unless they could argue they were unable to play their usual full strength team

1 hour ago, dan_ram1 said:

If the EFL are allowing claims between teams for rule breaches, this would open each team up to endless breaches.

Section 5 in the EFL rules state

24           Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches

24.1        Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

If any team played a weakened team to rest players etc. this would be in breach of the EFL rules. If this weakened team lead to a relegation or promotion rival getting extra points, this would be the same as Derby

What’s our full strength then ! 

The City of Derby and Ram fans have rallied, the Club captain speaks out on national radio, EFL release a statement…But where are the administrators?  They need to now come out and tell us what’s next, what we actually plan to do? It’s no good last knockings on a Friday before they log off for the weekend, they need to come out and tell us what the duck they plan to do.

Edited by GboroRam
Just plain decency

44 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

The City of Derby and Ram fans have rallied, the Club captain speaks out on national radio, EFL release a statement…But where are the administrators?  They need to now come out and tell us what’s next, what we actually plan to do? It’s no good last knockings on a Friday before they log off for the weekend, they need to come out and tell us what the duck they plan to do

Hopefully they are keeping their powder dry for an almighty broadside that blows the EFL out the water!

Edited by GboroRam
As above

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Hopefully they are keeping their powder dry for an almighty broadside that blows the EFL out the water!

Fingers crossed