Rebuild

BatRam

I know it sounds ridiculous, but if we get the takeover through the door and hang on to our first team players. Im excited for the rebuild.

What do you guys think will happen in January window? Personally I think we’ll sell knight lawrence and Marshall to make up abit of cash 

47 minutes ago, TomSaint said:

I know it sounds ridiculous, but if we get the takeover through the door and hang on to our first team players. Im excited for the rebuild.

What do you guys think will happen in January window? Personally I think we’ll sell knight lawrence and Marshall to make up abit of cash 

I hope if the preferred bidder is named and all seems to be proceeding Ok then January will be more positive regarding sales/exits. I would expect Joz and Marshall to go at least anyway. Lawrence probably depends whether we need to free up wages or just get something for him if he doesnt want to stay for the fight back on lower wages. Everyone else just not sure. More concerned about when we will be able to start offering contracts and resigning youngsters so that if they get poached we at least will get fees and hopefully some will commit and stay. This would be my priority as its where we're most vulnerable

Personally I feel we should keep as many players as possible from our main squad at the moment for league one, some exceptions such as Jozwiak/CKR/Baldock. 
But I do feel a season in league one would suit a lot of our youngsters and if we can keep Lawrence/Knight/Davies/Jags it will have a nice core. 

Just now, DCFC27 said:

Personally I feel we should keep as many players as possible from our main squad at the moment for league one, some exceptions such as Jozwiak/CKR/Baldock. 
But I do feel a season in league one would suit a lot of our youngsters and if we can keep Lawrence/Knight/Davies/Jags it will have a nice core. 

I think Lawrence and Knight will join your list of leavers, along with Bielik and possibly Buchanan.

Hope we can keep Bird and the U23 stars.

21 hours ago, TomSaint said:

If anyone's mad enough to pay money for Lawrence and Marshall knowing both their contracts are up in the summer then bring it on. 

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If anyone's mad enough to pay money for Lawrence and Marshall knowing both their contracts are up in the summer then bring it on. 

Agree,  you can add Bielik, do not know what wages he is on however he will be still unproven in January after his 2 major injuries and will he break down again before the end of season, hope not, doubt if any manager would consider him in January far too risky

Hopefully Bielik will stay this January, have a barnstorming second half of the season and go for 15 million quid in the summer, bank rolling a rebuild 

Surely Lawrence will go just because of his outrageous wages as well as Marshall. We’ll probably all but give them away tbh to save the money 

Sincerely hope we either keep the younger lads or we make decent money on them and they go to a decent level (I certainly think the likes of Knight, Buchanan, Bird wouldn’t look out of place in the Prem) 

We’ll need a bit of investment in the summer for sure, even if it’s just to extend some contracts. I don’t think this squad, especially with the talented youth we have, are a million miles from being competitive in league 1. Some obvious requirements- goal scorer being the main one 

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think Lawrence and Knight will join your list of leavers, along with Bielik and possibly Buchanan.

Hope we can keep Bird and the U23 stars.

Agree with that. Certainly can't imagine any of those mentioned playing L1 next season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Think the DET did an article suggesting CKR will be going potentially in Jan if that’s right and Tom goes to Stoke (?) plus we don’t renew Baldock it would great to see Rooney get Elanga on loan from Man Utd …in a dream world we would also get Delap from Man City (I believe Pep to be one of the most selfish and ruthless people in football so doubt he’d see it as a great opportunity to do a good thing for someone else and/or wider football) if not maybe Stevie G can lend his mate Keenan Davies. 
with two of these I’d be confident we could give it a go (as long as they didn’t ask for loan fees). The three players we’d sell/release would save approx 45-50k in wages which we could use to contribute to the wages for the incoming players

we live in hope 

4 hours ago, norwichram said:

Think the DET did an article suggesting CKR will be going potentially in Jan if that’s right and Tom goes to Stoke (?) plus we don’t renew Baldock it would great to see Rooney get Elanga on loan from Man Utd …in a dream world we would also get Delap from Man City (I believe Pep to be one of the most selfish and ruthless people in football so doubt he’d see it as a great opportunity to do a good thing for someone else and/or wider football) if not maybe Stevie G can lend his mate Keenan Davies. 
with two of these I’d be confident we could give it a go (as long as they didn’t ask for loan fees). The three players we’d sell/release would save approx 45-50k in wages which we could use to contribute to the wages for the incoming players

we live in hope 

Would love any of these acquisitions but I suspect we’ll probably get another journeyman CF.

6 hours ago, norwichram said:

we live in hope 

With covid being a major thing again and fixture pile ups likely and premiership clubs allowed 7 premiership subs and 9 in Europe I would be very surprised if hardly any players are allowed out of the premiership clubs 

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Would love any of these acquisitions but I suspect we’ll probably get another journeyman CF.

We have had the replacement number 9 issue for years,even when we had money to pay for one...without the kind of expert bargain hunter that was Nigel Clough on board,we will be extremely fortunate to find one without any money whatsoever I fear.

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We have had the replacement number 9 issue for years,even when we had money to pay for one...without the kind of expert bargain hunter that was Nigel Clough on board,we will be extremely fortunate to find one without any money whatsoever I fear.

Good point. It seems an age since we had that sort of player, maybe going back pre Clough. Even if we had some money to spend, would a Steve Howard type player come to a DCFC in decline? 

1 hour ago, europia said:

Good point. It seems an age since we had that sort of player, maybe going back pre Clough. Even if we had some money to spend, would a Steve Howard type player come to a DCFC in decline? 

Surely playing under England’s top ever goal scorer will be a massive draw ?