FA Cup 3rd Round (drawn Coventry)

hintonsboots

13 hours ago, Flying Fokker said:

I was in the 1974 away leg at Highfield Road.  Sunday game.  Energy crisis  2nd game to be played in the modern era on sabbath.  2pm kO.  40k crowd.  0-0 bore draw.  Yawn.  You could win this game.  If you turn up.   

And the first game was?  On the same day but earlier KO...Without looking it up?  

I Won't mention who won at the Baseball Ground replay but we drew against QPR at home the following round and then lost 3-2 at Loftus Road.  

Due to the company I worked for at the time supplying Derby with a generator, the replay against Coventry was able to take place at night under floodlights. Which we lost 1-0.

Went into work the next day and jokingly told the electricians that had been running the generator, that they should have sabotaged it when we looked like losing.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

According to Derbyshire live "Derby County fans fume over "dead" FA Cup draw".

Seriously? who is "fuming"? Disappointed maybe but hardly fuming.

"Derby County fans fume over appalling click-bait headline" would be more accurate. It's sad what Reach has done to local media. 

32 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m alright Jack.

Not much more than half an hour from where I live.

I’ll still go, just won’t be as good as it should be ? don’t think we’ll take to many now 

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I can’t really see why the earlier kick off should affect the numbers that much. It’s not as if it’s a long journey. 

Because it’s not an event now, it won’t be a day out. I maybe completely wide of the mark, but I think it’ll knock at least 1000 of the away following.  

Edited by TexasRam

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Because it’s not an event now, it’s won’t be a day out. I maybe completely wide of the mark, but I think it’ll knock at least 1000 of the away following.  

Let's hope the away following isn't 0, home following also 0.

48 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Because it’s not an event now, it won’t be a day out. I maybe completely wide of the mark, but I think it’ll knock at least 1000 of the away following.  

Well if it keeps a 1000 supporters away that need to spend a couple of hours in the pub before the game to make it a day out then it’s what the police want and I won’t be sorry either. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Well if it keeps a 1000 supporters away that need to spend a couple of hours in the pub before the game to make it a day out then it’s what the police want and I won’t be sorry either. 

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

A 3.00pm kick off, short journey, bit of needle from the previous game, it would have attracted a good few who enjoy the event/day out as you say. It wouldn't have led to major disorder as the police would be more visible than they were in the league match but it would be a pretty good old school atmosphere all round.