FA Cup 3rd Round (drawn Coventry)

hintonsboots

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Nice mature response.

In all honesty It did make my eyes roll though, people wonder why the atmosphere at football in the modern game is to sterile. 12:30 kick off with 1500 Rams fans most of whom have gone straight to the game Vs 3PM kick off with 3000 Rams fans with a good majority who have had a good day out and a few beers, I know which atmosphere would be hands down better. 

15 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

In all honesty It did make my eyes roll though, people wonder why the atmosphere at football in the modern game is to sterile. 12:30 kick off with 1500 Rams fans most of whom have gone straight to the game Vs 3PM kick off with 3000 Rams fans with a good majority who have had a good day out and a few beers, I know which atmosphere would be hands down better. 

Have you any idea how insulting that is to the hundreds of fans who go home and away, singing when we're winning - and when we're losing - building the atmosphere in the ground while the drinkers are still in the pub and staying behind at the end to applaud the players?

The idiots who barge in at five to three, pushing into seats that aren't theirs, swearing at and hitting their own fans, puking over stewards have no idea just how loutish and unpopular they are. 

And the idea that you can't have a good time unless you are full of beer or other substances says more about those fans than anything else does, imo.

30 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Wetherspoon’s open at nine, how long do you need 

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

Have you any idea how insulting that is to the hundreds of fans who go home and away, singing when we're winning - and when we're losing - building the atmosphere in the ground while the drinkers are still in the pub and staying behind at the end to applaud the players?

The idiots who barge in at five to three, pushing into seats that aren't theirs, swearing at and hitting their own fans, puking over stewards have no idea just how loutish and unpopular they are. 

And the idea that you can't have a good time unless you are full of beer or other substances says more about those fans than anything else does, imo.

You’re getting me wrong and I predicted that response. I agree there’s a minority who are idiots I get that and my feelings towards them are the same as yours. I just think football at 3pm after a few drinks is better than and the atmosphere is better than football at 12:30 without, I’m sure there plenty who agree with me and plenty who don’t, but I prefer it. And if you honestly think a 12:30 kick and atmosphere of is a better away day than a 3:00 PM kick off then you’re everything I despise  about the modern game and the way football has gone. 

ps I’m the same as you, home and away I just like to have a drink with mates 1st that’s all.

Edited by TexasRam

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

I’ve no objection to having a drink or two before the game and heaven knows, over the last couple of years, it’s often been a bit painful to watch without alcoholic intake but, it’s a football match not a pub crawl and if some choose not to attend because they can’t have several drinks before hand well, so be it. I would have thought a 12:30 kick off wouldn’t prevent fans having a few drink (either on route or in the stadium).

I guess it’s a question of getting the balance right. We don’t want a sterile atmosphere but on the other hand, there are usually some that have had a few too many. 

10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Nothing sacrosanct about a kick off time is there? I don't know, but was the origin of 3pm simply due to most blokes working on Saturday mornings? 

I think kick of times are sacrosanct, 3PM on a Saturday should be protected as much as possible (imo) and not moved at a whim. Think of Forest how often now do we play them on a Saturday at 3pm and then think how bad the atmosphere at those games has been in recent years, coincidence I think not!!!.  I’m just a sucker for tradition ??

50 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

A bit of that and also that no one considered buying the TV rights till some 100 years later.

Surely one of our illustrious medieval forbears would have tried to have the kick off moved to Tuesday, so they could have the exclusive rights to the parchment scrolls from which the results and highlights could be read out in Derby market square 4 days later after a gruelling journey by ox-cart....

?

• 2 weeks later...

Pinched from today’s Times.

However, there will be no FA Cup replays this season, in an effort to ease the fixture congestion.

The FA’s agreement to suspend replays will help with rescheduling the matches that have been postponed during the past fortnight. “Replays will return up to and including the fourth round of the FA Cup from the 2022-23 season,” an FA spokesman said.

6 clean sheets, 6 shoot out wins, cups ours,  jobs a good un!?