Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

2 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

That seems a bit harsh 

Always thought Morley would play at some point, or what's the point in loaning him?

Outside of the turning pitch down at Cardiff, there’s not been a lot happening for Thomson, and he he got smacked around at nearly 5 and a half an over in the first home game. Perhaps hoping Morley can bowl more economically as I don't imagine we will see much turn.

12 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Always thought Morley would play at some point, or what's the point in loaning him?

Outside of the turning pitch down at Cardiff, there’s not been a lot happening for Thomson, and he he got smacked around at nearly 5 and a half an over in the first home game. Perhaps hoping Morley can bowl more economically as I don't imagine we will see much turn.

Agree, but Thompson gives us a slightly longer tail. It looks like Sussex will have better batting conditions than us, weather wise.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agree, but Thompson gives us a slightly longer tail. It looks like Sussex will have better batting conditions than us, weather wise.

Yeah, the Tickner/Morley (now 50) partnership has been fun to watch, but not sure it bodes well for our bowlers.

I do feel we are a batter light, especially with Dal not scoring the runs he did a couple of years anymore.

Edited by jimbo jones

Matt Lamb joins the club of slip fielders to be put into the naughty corner, an absolute dolly as well.

Having Sussex at 336-6 right now would be a major result, instead still only 5 wickets down.

43 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

It’s going to be a long season isn’t it. 

Wouldnt be surprised if we drew every game. Certainly won't be winning any while our fielders remain unable to catch the bloody ball…

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

3 wickets for Morley and Sussex are all out for 479, a lead of 233.

It's a pitch and conditions that Derbyshire should be able to come out and bat for a long time and put 500 on the board… Whether they can or not is another matter.

That went well!

Bowled out in not much more than half a session - utterly shambolic performance.

We left as Anuj Dal was coming to the wicket with Derbyshire 5 down, and by the time we got home 25 minutes later, it was all over.

Posted (edited)

There is something rotten in the state of Denmark

I was told today that Mickey Arthur turned up 40 minutes late for one of the three days and received a finger wagging rebuke from Paul Farbrace the Sussex coach in full view of spectators.

Sadly I saw this coming and didn't renew this year. I do get access to most non T20 games with a club membership but I've always paid as well.  

I won't re join unless there are serious changes.

Edited by sage