RamsTrust

RamsfanJim

25 minutes ago, overlandandsea said:

For clarity, because I for one don't know, and I'm sure many others don't know either - can RT list any/all achievements in the last 5-10 years?

I think they have a web site that gives some information on it.

Have you any suggestions of what you would have liked to have been done by them?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

What do you get for your 2 quid....like mailing list, online discussion forum (not Twitter), newsletters, updates etc?

I understand that you are then eligible to vote after you pay your subs but was looking for things beyond that as above.

What else would you expect for £2 (and we haven't had a renewal fee for many years)? We do have to pay for auditors, website hosting, etc. - though our costs have reduced considerably from when we used to have to post out to all members. 

4 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

What else would you expect for £2 (and we haven't had a renewal fee for many years)? We do have to pay for auditors, website hosting, etc. - though our costs have reduced considerably from when we used to have to post out to all members. 

Was just an honest question regards how information is disseminated.....was really alluding to the electronic dissemination of information by RT as have an intense  dislike of Twitter.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Was just an honest question regards how information is disseminated.....was really alluding to the electronic dissemination of information by RT as have an intense  dislike of Twitter.

There’s also the separate mailing list that you have to ask to be a part of. which you only know about if you read right to the bottom of the welcome email. 

32 minutes ago, overlandandsea said:

For clarity, because I for one don't know, and I'm sure many others don't know either - can RT list any/all achievements in the last 5-10 years?

Continuing to represent members at club meetings and in the media. Contributing to national supporters campaigns (including: meeting in Parliament to promote safe standing - which has been successful, fan-led review - presented to Tracey Crouch, reporting next month). Got all supporters groups together to force the club to actually respond to supporters. There are also multiple occasions we have represented fans concerns (both general and individual) which the club has acted on. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Fine, it was a genuine question - is there something else you think the Trust should do for members which we are not doing? 

1 minute ago, RamsfanJim said:

Fine, it was a genuine question - is there something else you think the Trust should do for members which we are not doing? 

I'll be honest with you I was asking about the communication of information as was considering joining and already had a look on your weblinks....so the fairest answer would be I do join then at least I can give an informed opinion. 

That is if my application is accepted....the Groucho Marx quote springs to mind.....

29 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

Continuing to represent members at club meetings and in the media. Contributing to national supporters campaigns (including: meeting in Parliament to promote safe standing - which has been successful, fan-led review - presented to Tracey Crouch, reporting next month). Got all supporters groups together to force the club to actually respond to supporters. There are also multiple occasions we have represented fans concerns (both general and individual) which the club has acted on. 

so, to me in the South Stand, that means nothing...what about cheaper tickets, cheap away travel, greater choice in the concourse, fans picking the kit colours/style, items in the Megastore, allowing home fans buses and cars to leave before the away fan coaches..I think most people recognise that fan-led review doen't have any  real fans on it so impossible to make any sensible suggestions. 

7 minutes ago, overlandandsea said:

so, to me in the South Stand, that means nothing...what about cheaper tickets, cheap away travel, greater choice in the concourse, fans picking the kit colours/style, items in the Megastore, allowing home fans buses and cars to leave before the away fan coaches..I think most people recognise that fan-led review doen't have any  real fans on it so impossible to make any sensible suggestions. 

Why shouldn't away fans coaches leave before home fans?

They've got longer to travel after all, and are smaller in number.

10 hours ago, angieram said:

How many years have to go by before people move on, though? 5? 10? 15? 

People commit crimes, are sentenced and released back into society in less time than some seem to bear grudges. 

More than that. I cut ties with them during the 3 Amigos era because of one person ensconced in there and they are still there so I will not be rejoining. 

26 minutes ago, overlandandsea said:

If there is enough support for these suggestions we can put to the club (when there are new owners), but RamsTrust are not ultimately responsible for any of these. 

Please justify which contributors to the fan-led review are not 'real fans'?! 

13 hours ago, Eddie said:

Basically, you are saying that there's no point in even bothering?

We bother with or without RT, we have a natural parliament which meets Saturdays at 3pm, and when there's something to say, we tend to say it.

Trusts can't lead that 'debate' any more than anyone else. The best they can do is listen to where we're going and try to walk in front.

2 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

We bother with or without RT, we have a natural parliament which meets Saturdays at 3pm, and when there's something to say, we tend to say it.

Trusts can't lead that 'debate' any more than anyone else. The best they can do is listen to where we're going and try to walk in front.

"Booooooooooooooo"?