Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How will they get money back via an new owner if a new owner won't pay as much because there's been a player fire sale?

TBF, Lg1 wages is a huge drop, offloading the team as we are 99% going down might actually be a prudent move to clear the decks.....

Ah well that lasted long. We praised the administrators for their open communication at the start of the process, but now it seems their just like Morris - full of bull. WHY make a statement that a deadline would be met before Christmas and not meet it. They only made that statement about a week ago. Shocking. Just shut up rather than make false statements that can’t be stuck to. More false hope.

CK is unorthodox in his communication. I don’t quite get the stick he’s getting for being honest though. I’m glad he’s called Morris out for what he is. We’ll be lucky to survive that disgrace of a chairman’s acts. We’ve all been here before so it shouldn’t shock us, but it would be nice to have some positive ( not fake) news to hang onto. I think we deserve it. The news doesn’t sound great and if CK pulls out then the day just gets bleaker. 

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Maybe CK is going to make a deadline to the administrators and if it’s not met he pulls out .

That way he puts pressure on the administrators 

Either that or he’s pulling out today.

Liquidation would mean closing down and selling all the assets ie players etc to pay the creditors 

The other thing would be Gadsby or Appleby buys the club  

I think CK still wants the club, I think an ultimatum will be the most likely outcome.  I like his passion, but his mouth could end up with us in a similar situation with the EFL in the future.  He's clearly got a fuse as he's exploded today all over twitter.  Would I take him?  Yes in a heart beat because he is clearly passionate and wants to buy the club.  I do not see him being satisfied with a Tier 3 team....  I think he will have a sensible business plan to bring back the good times.  His comments about our youth development were refreshing, clearly the youth will get a real chance at Derby.  Young players will be interested in signing for a club that will give them a good run in the team too.  Something we've not done enough of for a long while!!!!!!!!! 

5 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

TBF, Lg1 wages is a huge drop, offloading the team as we are 99% going down might actually be a prudent move to clear the decks.....

How much do you think most of our squad are on when we've been embargoed for god knows how long!?

1 minute ago, RAM1966 said:

I think CK still wants the club, I think an ultimatum will be the most likely outcome.  I like his passion, but his mouth could end up with us in a similar situation with the EFL in the future.  He's clearly got a fuse as he's exploded today all over twitter.  Would I take him?  Yes in a heart beat because he is clearly passionate and wants to buy the club.  I do not see him being satisfied with a Tier 3 team....  I think he will have a sensible business plan to bring back the good times.  His comments about our youth development were refreshing, clearly the youth will get a real chance at Derby.  Young players will be interested in signing for a club that will give them a good run in the team too.  Something we've not done enough of for a long while!!!!!!!!! 

Who knows, one of the other bids might be better…

2 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

I just hope there is competition for buying Derby between the Gadsby group and Appleby group and they fight it out .

Maybe that’s a good thing .

Right now we just don’t know what’s happening.

Suppose we have to be patient and hope Derby County is here going forward 

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The administrators are trying to bring in new money that's why they are trying to sell the club. Selling your player assets will reduce the value to buyers.. that's exactly what Kirchner is saying. So it achieves nothing , in fact it makes it worse.

But to sell the club they First have to come to an agreement with the creditors,if they can't then there won't be a sale

9 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

I am sure the administrators will not be fazed by any ultimatum regarding selling the club by such a time

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think you need to realise that there is no future if no one buys the club. 

which incidentally is why we filed for administration    because it became clear to MM, MSD and Quantuma that a sale would not be achieved without resolution of EFL issues and because it became clear that with MM as owner there would be no resolution

inconvenient truth for many on here

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think you need to realise that there is no future if no one buys the club. 

Of course i realise there is no future if no one buys the club.

Creditors won't be interested in dealing with new owners about the debts owed that's why we have administrators in place. To secure the future you have to secure the present,if they can't do that there is no future.

2 hours ago, YouRams said:

How are the administrators being paid!? The figures released for how much they’re charging was alarming, are they dragging their feet to milk us also? Do they really have our best interests at heart? 

I said weeks ago that the administrator would have a negative impact on our situation. Some administrators are paid on results, ours are paid by the day. Why would they sort a deal out quickly?

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

don"t get this comment    but you'd assume MSD's security coverage is adequate even on a liquidation scenario 

It's a questionable benefit, but a liquidation could mean they get their security and loans repaid sooner. Sometimes, lenders just want the liability off their hands and don't want to have to wait months or even years. 

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

It's a questionable benefit, but a liquidation could mean they get their security and loans repaid sooner. Sometimes, lenders just want the liability off their hands and don't want to have to wait months or even years. 

fair enough, timing is an issue for them   But I would have thought they'd recover more slowly in a liquidation that say in a Feb sale