Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

No it doesn't make it true but it is logical.

Creditors won't be concerned about the club selling players,all they will be interested in is getting as much as they can back, if that includes getting rid of players in a fire sale putting off prospective new owners is not something the creditors will lose any sleep over

I doubt a fire sale will raise enough money to make a difference to what creditors might receive, but a liquidation will, though not in a beneficial way. 

The only party I could see thinking that liquidation might benefit them is MSD, but even that requires either a viable phoenix club to rent or buy the stadium, or a redevelopment which has little chance of happening. 

I really don't see who a liquidation benefits other than clubs that fancy signing our players on the cheap. That's not to say it won't happen though. 

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I doubt a fire sale will raise enough money to make a difference to what creditors might receive, but a liquidation will, though not in a beneficial way. 

The only party I could see thinking that liquidation might benefit them is MSD, but even that requires either a viable phoenix club to rent or buy the stadium, or a redevelopment which has little chance of happening. 

I really don't see who a liquidation benefits other than clubs that fancy signing our players on the cheap. That's not to say it won't happen though. 

Creditors might be of the opinion that if they don't get what is acceptable to them why should the club survive. they might not see it as viable with having so many players out of contract at the end of the season.

The administrators primary role is to work for the creditors and then try to sell the club as a going concern. If the club doesn't sell players next month to pacify the creditors i think it will be difficult to sell the club.

3 hours ago, Robram said:

@cskirchner: "It’s not necessarily that… very very complex situation the admins were dealt. I do have issues with the delays and inability to keep deadlines. The only one to really blame for this situation is Mel Morris. Proper duck job."

i would have thought that maintaining goodwill  with Mel would ensure that the transfer of the stadium went through smoothly as part of the deal . Not sure this is the best way to do it.

At least there's no one involved in the Appleby bid who Mel has fallen out with.?

22 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Creditors won't be concerned about the club selling players,all they will be interested in is getting as much as they can back, if that includes getting rid of players in a fire sale putting off prospective new owners is not something the creditors will lose any sleep over

So will selling players bring 60, million in because in liquidation we have previous few assets with any value. Best deal for creditors is for the club to be sold

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

It’s just his view. .

Its a very realistic one, here is where we are in a nutshell.

HMRC - Slow and will not write on penny off, just give time to pay.

Creditors - 25% a done deal

No Stadium - Mel should just toss it in if MSDs debts are cleared but wants some money back.

Mels Soft loans - Not so much osf an issue but he needs to agree to write off and gift the stadium, can;t see him doing both.

Wycombe & Boro - These could sink the club if they do not be sensible and think their ******* owners will try and sink the club just to get at Morris.....

All of these are very difficult to balance and get agreed, I think we will run out of time and end up as Derby City, playing non-league next season

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

sportsscene podcast Rams Daily 21/12/2021   Minor reference to Gadsby's bid. Worth a listen, some interesting comments on manager going forward and on transfers   BBC sounds is an easy way to get to it   Sorry not to include link but you'll find it above 

I can't stand Ed Dawes so if he's on it then i will give it a miss.

6 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Its a very realistic one, here is where we are in a nutshell.

HMRC - Slow and will not write on penny off, just give time to pay.

Creditors - 25% a done deal

No Stadium - Mel should just toss it in if MSDs debts are cleared but wants some money back.

Mels Soft loans - Not so much osf an issue but he needs to agree to write off and gift the stadium, can;t see him doing both.

Wycombe & Boro - These could sink the club if they do not be sensible and think their ******* owners will try and sink the club just to get at Morris.....

All of these are very difficult to balance and get agreed, I think we will run out of time and end up as Derby City, playing non-league next season

The creditors could be playing a waiting game to see what funds if any are realised during the transfer window. If we don't sell anyone to show that the administrators are trying their best to bring in additional money i can't see an agreement being reached.

40 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

How will they get money back via an new owner if a new owner won't pay as much because there's been a player fire sale?

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

The creditors could be playing a waiting game to see what funds if any are realised during the transfer window. If we don't sell anyone to show that the administrators are trying their best to bring in additional money i can't see an agreement being reached.

The administrators are trying to bring in new money that's why they are trying to sell the club. Selling your player assets will reduce the value to buyers.. that's exactly what Kirchner is saying. So it achieves nothing , in fact it makes it worse.

Maybe CK is going to make a deadline to the administrators and if it’s not met he pulls out .

That way he puts pressure on the administrators 

Either that or he’s pulling out today.

Liquidation would mean closing down and selling all the assets ie players etc to pay the creditors 

The other thing would be Gadsby or Appleby buys the club  

Edited by Curtains
Added

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

How will they get money back via an new owner if a new owner won't pay as much because there's been a player fire sale?

That won't concern the creditors,they will see players that could be sold, once a percentage agreement is reached that is it,that's what they get. The future doesn't have an impact on the percentage agreed to as far as creditors are concerned.

I for one am amazed that another 'deadline' has been missed.

Just like every other deadline for anything this utter farce of a football club has set, or been set over the last two years.

Honestly, its beyond a joke at this point. Mel sank the club through his own incompetence and it appears everyone still involved in the process is equally as useless. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

5 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

That won't concern the creditors,they will see players that could be sold, once a percentage agreement is reached that is it,that's what they get. The future doesn't have an impact on the percentage agreed to as far as creditors are concerned.

What?

If no-one buys us what do they get?

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:
7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Best value for creditors is players contracts are extended and a new owner undertakes to return £xM to creditors over a period of time through whatever means they can achieve that. 

Do the creditors want money or revenge? Who knows. 

That cannot be guaranteed that a new owner can give an assurance to creditors what they can afford. 

The administrators cannot sell the club until an agreement is reached,they will wan't as much as they can get now, not in 3 years time