Emirates FA Cup

Phoenix

I hope some of you guys will be rooting for Buxton in Saturday's 4th qualifying round tie away to Kettering. Just one match away from being in the hat for the 1st round proper.

Apart from Chesterfield, the only Derbyshire side left in the competition at this stage. Should be featuring Jamie Ward, who's scored around 9 goals since his arrival mid August.

Come on you Bucks!

A bit bizzare, floodlights went out during extra time. Despite all the conspiracy theories, it seems that it' s a requirement, with a 3g pitch used frequently by the community, for the floodlights to be switched off at 10 p.m., presumably for the local residents, and it's on a time switch. Jamie Ward showing his class, and Diego doing what Diego does. 14 goals so far this season

Now got an away tie against York City, who are one place below last night's opponents, in the Vanarama National North. Should be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Phoenix said:

And Buxton cruise past York City. Derby should take a cheap punt on De Girolamo. Lethal left foot. 7 goals already in this competition.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/59083955

Into the hat for Round 2.

This is what it's all about.  FA Cup magic!  Boyhood dreams, and for most, a once in a life time adventure.

Deserves a clicky-link...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/59083955

Well done, Buxton  ?

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

This is what it's all about.  FA Cup magic!  Boyhood dreams, and for most, a once in a life time adventure.

Deserves a clicky-link...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/59083955

Well done, Buxton  ?

Thanks for that Mucker, I hadn't noticed there was no link. It's an age thing. So old I remember Buxton beating Crook Town in the 1st round proper in 1958, then getting stuffed 6-1 at Accrington. Had 2 good chances in the first 10 mins, including hitting the bar, then fell away badly.

In fact I remember all 3 previous occasions Buxton have made it this far. Too young to go in 1948 and unable to go in 1962 although I went to all the Prelim matches. Difficult to believe a small town like Buxton could experience Cup Fever, but it did.

Bizarre fact from yesterday's match. Buxton 'parted company' with their management team last weekend, a week before the most important match for 59 years. I suppose they could have done a Norwich and 'parted company' after the match.

• 3 weeks later...

The big day approacheth. Morecombe 4 steps higher than Buxton, it's a huge ask. Can't envisage anything but a tonking but one can dream. Let's hope Wardy weaves his magic.

Wintery showers forecast, should make it interesting. Think it's on Radio Derby. Didn't know they knew Buxton existed.

4 hours ago, Phoenix said:

The big day approacheth. Morecombe 4 steps higher than Buxton, it's a huge ask. Can't envisage anything but a tonking but one can dream. Let's hope Wardy weaves his magic.

Wintery showers forecast, should make it interesting. Think it's on Radio Derby. Didn't know they knew Buxton existed.

Can you get Radio Derby in Buxton? My DAB signal disappears North of Clay Cross! 

Come on Buxton, though.