Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Exactly….so he pulled the plug and we went into administration which he knew was going to be the result of him pulling the plug. 

So what is the point of having a force majeuere clause at all?  Because every insolvency event is where the line of credit available to a club runs out. It's not as if Barclays have run out of money and their cash tills are all empty... they just decide they don't fancy lending to an entity that is losing money. But at present the club is losing money solely duE to covid. I cannot see why the force majeure clause shouldn't apply.. if not now then when would it ever apply? 

Edited by PistoldPete

13 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

I know this is boring but I've been pulled in to reading otib and their discussion on us. 

I don't really understand their obsession with us not filing accounts with CH like it's a crime against humanity. I thought it was known that the reason why we've not filed accounts was due to the fact that a fundamental feature of our accounting process has been under scrutiny for so long (years and years) by the efl. Hence why they've not been filed. I also don't quite understand why this in itself has given us (or not) a sporting advantage. Is not filing accounts with CH an offence in itself with proscribed penalty? Surely it is dependent on the outcome of discussions with the efl about the acceptability of amortisation techniques which has been ongoing for literally 2+years?

The DC was clear in that the breach in how the amortisation was described and evidenced in the accounts only merited a small punishment... Any case leading on from that should be based on its own merits.

Derby will eventually be punished (or not, if nothing to answer for) for breaking the rules and an appropriate penalty will be applied. 

Its clear Derby and the efl (and by extension the other clubs) don't trust each other... The independent panels are the best way to resolve this. 

I feel like the whole thing is so blown out of proportion and the background to the whole thing matters. 

Administration is a separate issue and we'll see what happens. 

It looks like on OTIB page it is mainly just 4 people venting amongst themselves (a lot of the time Mr Plop just replying to himself).

Be surprised if it is at all representative of Bristol City supporters in general or even the OTIB members. Just a few nutcases with its non elected emperor.

Maybe some other clubs have a similar little hate clubs on other forums but we just haven’t spotted them in the depths of the web.

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

If we wipe out the -12 points on appeal it’ll be clear to other clubs that they can file, wipe out 75% of their unsecured creditor claims, [do a deal with HMRC] and come out the other side having saved millions and suffered not much at all. And the stigma associated with football club administration will diminish. You can see why the EFL want to fight us and change the rules 

Each case has its own merits and a global pandemic definitely pushes clubs over the edge and just because the EFL don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s not allowed to happen just like many more businesses out there 

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Exactly….so he pulled the plug and we went into administration which he knew was going to be the result of him pulling the plug. 

At some point it’s either an owner, a finance corporation, or shareholders that pull the plug - it happens and it’s happening all over the economy 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

You really think your 450 pound you spend on a season ticket pays for anything towards running a football club…? Those days are long gone. 

Outside the Premier League, yes. Yes it does. Those days are here, right now and we're living in that world. 

Not sure which planet you are living on though ?

4 minutes ago, David said:

Outside the Premier League, yes. Yes it does. Those days are here, right now and we're living in that world. 

Not sure which planet you are living on though ?

You genuinely think that your 450 season ticket a YEAR is paying anything towards the wages of the squad…?

out third choice goalie will be on 4 or 5 k a week…

10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You genuinely think that your 450 season ticket a YEAR is paying anything towards the wages of the squad…?

I do. And I could show you a mountain of articles, quotes from owners and accounts data to prove this, although I feel like I would be wasting my time as you would continue to be confidently incorrect ?

48 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It’s not just about the loss of season tickets, but tickets, hospitality, shirt sales and all of the ancillary things that go with match days. It could also to be as much about cash flow as the money. Season tickets bring in circa £8m up front and overall ticket sales around £16-18m. With the rest such as catering etc you can see how a £20m is plausible 

54 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

This might be a valid point if DCFC only had one season ticket holder …

45 minutes ago, David said:

I do. And I could show you a mountain of articles, quotes from owners and accounts data to prove this, although I feel like I would be wasting my time as you would continue to be confidently incorrect ?

the 450 a YEAR season ticket you pay doesnt even cover the heating bill for the heaters in the concourse for 1 game.

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I don’t know how some posters can talk so confidently of how and why Derby went into administration. 

Nobody has a clue so stop trying to be all clever and come across as if you’ve worked it all out yourself. 

the reason Derby County Football Club went into administration is so so simple..... Mel Morris stopped putting in the money to keep them out of administration.....that is it, nothing else....If he was still pumping money into the club we would not be in administration.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

the reason Derby County Football Club went into administration is so so simple..... Mel Morris stopped putting in the money to keep them out of administration.....that is it, nothing else....If he was still pumping money into the club we would not be in administration.

How does that work.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

So what is the point of having a force majeuere clause at all?  Because every insolvency event is where the line of credit available to a club runs out. It's not as if Barclays have run out of money and their cash tills are all empty... they just decide they don't fancy lending to an entity that is losing money. But at present the club is losing money solely duE to covid. I cannot see why the force majeure clause shouldn't apply.. if not now then when would it ever apply? 

Alien Invasion is the only one that’s a cert 

Zombi apocalypse would be worth a try if we had slick lawyers

17 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Not logical ! Wrong ! 

That’s like saying the glass broke when it hit the floor. Sure if did, but Covid knocked it off the shelf.