Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

5 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Wouldnt do for everyone to all have the same sense of humour. Loads thought benny hill was funny, i coud'nt stand him.

To be fare he had his moments, I thought Bob Todd was underated, And the little chap who always had his head slapped...now that was funny, But I guess if you didn't like "Ernie" ? you wouldn't know who I was talking about.

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

To be fare he had his moments, I thought Bob Todd was underated, And the little chap who always had his head slapped...now that was funny, But I guess if you didn't like "Ernie" ? you wouldn't know who I was talking about.

Was that Charlie Drake?

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

As for anyone saying "fans expectations" or "fans were happy he spent the money" that's just BS. Fans aren't responsible for the good governance of a business turning over tens of millions of pounds a year.

I think that most fans just assumed that he could afford to spend the money. They go along to support their team and assume that those in charge of the finances are doing the job they are paid to do. It's not up to the fans to dissect every spend to make sure we can afford it. Fans are not accountants. Yes, of course they were happy that Mel was spending money on good players but I doubt that they knew how this would come back to bite us in the future. It is not the fans fault. I agree, absolute BS.

7 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Wouldnt do for everyone to all have the same sense of humour. Loads thought benny hill was funny, i coud'nt stand him.

I remember someone talking about tasteless jokes V political correctness way back. It was sort of said that there’s no such thing as a bad joke but some jokes, to some people just aren’t funny. It’s just life. 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I remember someone talking about tasteless jokes V political correctness way back. It was sort of said that there’s no such thing as a bad joke but some jokes, to some people just aren’t funny. It’s just life. 

You've never heard one of mine

I always found Stewart Lee as amusing as a kick in the slats with toe tectors but a lot of people find him funny apparently.

The only sketch of his which I did find funny was when he was reading back a summary of personal insults about his appearance and comedic style which he got from a variety of forums and YouTube.

I could relate to all of them about him so in a way I guess he maybe funny. It's one of those. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Why would we?

Weren’t we told my Mel that we were within FFP/P&S rules? We didn’t have access to any of the financial details to dispute the assurances he was giving us.

To be fair though, Morris himself had received assurances from the club's accountants, the club's independent auditors and the ICAEW, as well as acceptance from the EFL at the time, that the club were within the FFP/P&S rules. If any of us were given access to the financial files and accounts and saw that they showed we were within FFP limits, that those accounts had been approved by an independent auditor, that the file had additionally been picked up by the ICAEW and judged to be compliant, and that those accounts had been additionally accepted by the EFL without issue, I'm not sure many if any of us would have thought differently.

The amortisation policy and the connected FFP issues is the one area in this whole thing that I genuinely don't think it's fair to blame Morris for. The findings of the commission even stated that any breaches were made "without any real fault on [the Club's] part".

5 minutes ago, JfR said:

To be fair though, Morris himself had received assurances from the club's accountants, the club's independent auditors and the ICAEW, as well as acceptance from the EFL at the time, that the club were within the FFP/P&S rules. If any of us were given access to the financial files and accounts and saw that they showed we were within FFP limits, that those accounts had been approved by an independent auditor, that the file had additionally been picked up by the ICAEW and judged to be compliant, and that those accounts had been additionally accepted by the EFL without issue, I'm not sure many if any of us would have thought differently.

The amortisation policy and the connected FFP issues is the one area in this whole thing that I genuinely don't think it's fair to blame Morris for. The findings of the commission even stated that any breaches were made "without any real fault on [the Club's] part".

Agreed but, we’re discussing whether or not the fans should have been calling for heads to roll when the club was spending heavy. Whether MM & SP kept the truth from us or were misled themselves the outcome is the same. The fans weren’t to know the ****storm that was about to hit us.