Who wishes we had a Georges fish and chips in Derby

B4ev6is

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

During the pandemic they were queuing round the block for all the supermarkets so I started going to the M&S food hall instead, where I was normally the only person in the store and amazed to find they sold packs of halibut there.

https://www.ocado.com/products/m-s-collection-norwegian-fjord-2-halibut-fillets-519849011

They do it in some chippies in London. I first had it as the "standard" fish and chips fish in Canada.

M&S food hall? Bloody hell, next you’ll be telling us you only get your toilet roll from Waitrose, what’s wrong with Asda and Tesco? 

To cut a sort story long, after an 8 mile hike (that’s a lot for us) in searing south coast temps into the high 20’s (that’s a lot for us!) we decided to reward ourselves with not a half… not a pint… but get this… two pints… each! (That’s a lot for us!). And all that whilst officially “daytime drinking”… which we are no longer adept at!  
Of course, such wanton behaviour usually incurs the wrath of Lady Luck, and in this case, we missed our bus for the return back to camp, which gave us an early evening wait in excess of an hour, for the next bus. 
Being under the influence, the chippy called. We opted for mini fish & chips x 2. 
I didn’t like the sound of the mini bit (Muckerette’s suggestion… obv’s!) so sneakily added a sausage to mine… plus peas & curry sauce to share. 
Firstly, being so far south, I dare not ask for a mix. 
Secondly, imagine my absolute shock and awe when opening said carton of peas, to discover they were processed, and not remotely mushy!

yes, we’d normally be on the continent at this time of year, and yes, quite possibly trying “something different”, but this was something that was all rather new to us!  Processed peas… with fish & chips… from a chippy!

…THE DIRTY bar stewards!  

BAFC1AB0-BAAC-4768-8ACE-89E9907CAB0D.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

To cut a sort story long, after an 8 mile hike (that’s a lot for us) in searing south coast temps into the high 20’s (that’s a lot for us!) we decided to reward ourselves with not a half… not a pint… but get this… two pints… each! (That’s a lot for us!). And all that whilst officially “daytime drinking”… which we are no longer adept at!  
Of course, such wanton behaviour usually incurs the wrath of Lady Luck, and in this case, we missed our bus for the return back to camp, which gave us an early evening wait in excess of an hour, for the next bus. 
Being under the influence, the chippy called. We opted for mini fish & chips x 2. 
I didn’t like the sound of the mini bit (Muckerette’s suggestion… obv’s!) so sneakily added a sausage to mine… plus peas & curry sauce to share. 
Firstly, being so far south, I dare not ask for a mix. 
Secondly, imagine my absolute shock and awe when opening said carton of peas, to discover they were processed, and not remotely mushy!

yes, we’d normally be on the continent at this time of year, and yes, quite possibly trying “something different”, but this was something that was all rather new to us!  Processed peas… with fish & chips… from a chippy!

…THE DIRTY bar stewards!  

BAFC1AB0-BAAC-4768-8ACE-89E9907CAB0D.jpeg

You have a very small sausage.

20 years ago, I was seconded to Ellesmere Port to help launch a Vauxhall project. At lunchtime I found a chippy and asked for  “Pea Mix”, thinking that far north, they’d understand the code. But no, after being asked “what’s one of those lar?”, I said “chips with Peas on top”…. “Chips wi peanuts??” was the response. Eventually I got my chips and peas, they were the dry marowfat processed peas like mucker had ????