Takeover Update

Arsene Titman

7 minutes ago, Sport Billy said:

We'd go into administration and -12 points , any potential new owner would be able to buy US debt free (but would need to buy / rent PP from uncle Mel).... It might be the only way out of this mess 

I'd actually take that right now, just sack Rooney first & then start again from scratch. Not really bothered about League 1 - just cut the cancer out the club & start the recovery....

2 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

I'd actually take that right now, just sack Rooney first & then start again from scratch. Not really bothered about League 1 - just cut the cancer out the club & start the recovery....

We won’t go debt free with admin though as stated by others in media it wouldn’t wipe out all debt 

13 minutes ago, Sport Billy said:

We'd go into administration and -12 points , any potential new owner would be able to buy US debt free (but would need to buy / rent PP from uncle Mel).... It might be the only way out of this mess 

Administration would also almost certainly see secured creditor MSD take control of the Stadium. 

Cant the EFL just do what any normal company does and go onto companies house etc..

Mel certainly has the funds and as the custodian of DCFC an equal responsibility to DCFC also.

Played hard to gain promotion to the Premier League and sadly that failed, don’t go all Ostrich on us now Mel. Get your head out of the sand and do the decent and proper thing…. Stand up and be counted now when your club needs you most. Play nicely with the EFL even if it is through gritted teeth, get the details they request (we all know you can if you do wish) get us the breathing space to fund the 4 extra players we have an agreement with the EFL to sign. 
It’s not rocket science, please just get this dealt with before it’s too late, that is all we ask ??????

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Cant the EFL just do what any normal company does and go onto companies house etc..

Mel certainly has the funds and as the custodian of DCFC an equal responsibility to DCFC also.

Played hard to gain promotion to the Premier League and sadly that failed, don’t go all Ostrich on us now Mel. Get your head out of the sand and do the decent and proper thing…. Stand up and be counted now when your club needs you most. Play nicely with the EFL even if it is through gritted teeth, get the details they request (we all know you can if you do wish) get us the breathing space to fund the 4 extra players we have an agreement with the EFL to sign. 
It’s not rocket science, please just get this dealt with before it’s too late, that is all we ask ??????

You don’t know Mel has the funds 

It could just be collateral.

None of us know Mels situation 

48 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The first is no more than a potential buyer would expect and the second is what Morris said he'd do - keep paying the wages. So why won't he show the EFL evidence, he's had long enough to sort something.

Maybe he's not prepared to/able to promise to pay the wages of a squad beyond the minimum we have now hence why the EFL won't let us recruit more.

Honestly, I have no idea but I'm sure there must be some rational reason and Mel isn't just stalling out of spite. 

58 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope. This has been hanging over the club for far too long. Morris might have a preferred outcome but he should also have the gumption to be prepared for other outcomes.  

Why do I get the impression that Rooney will be top of your Christmas card list but Morris will be nowhere near it? ?

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe he's not prepared to/able to promise to pay the wages of a squad beyond the minimum we have now hence why the EFL won't let us recruit more.

Honestly, I have no idea but I'm sure there must be some rational reason and Mel isn't just stalling out of spite. 

I refer you to a section of the bland minutes prepared after the Supporters Group Charter Meeting:

Mel Morris intended to sell the club 2 years ago, and has had to continue to subsidise the club ever since then – though he never intended to. This cannot continue in perpetuity.

It would be fair to say the rational reason you are looking for is that Morris is two years into drip financing the club, something he clearly never wanted to do, and he also made it clear that he will offer no guarantees to continue doing so.

Okay, I agree with those saying it's a mess. 

So, the EFL won't lift the restrictions until we provide proof of funds. If there are no funds, we can't sell because we can't convince any buyers to take us on unless the restrictions are lifted.

Therefore, is there any other option than administration? And is the EFL going down this route because they know we can't provide proof of funds because there aren't any? Or is Mel Morris refusing to provide proof of funds because he hasn't got any left to invest or because he refuses to give the EFL the satisfaction?

There are too many unknowns.

Are the EFL being unreasonable, or Mel or both?