Dylan Williams, what a prospect.

Boycie

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, sage said:

I would imagine that this is Forsyth's last (or penultimate) season so he could slot in behind Buchanan as 2nd choice initially.  

I agree that's how I imagine things will go.

I guess the point I'm making with Williams is that I've been surprised with how well he's adapted to first team football given his age. Like if you were an outsider you wouldn't have guessed he was an U18 only making his second appearance. Usually when a player makes the jump as early as him and looks as comfortable as he does then they have a decent likelihood of going pretty far, fairly quickly. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. I was assuming that Fozzy is still 1st atm.

Yeah that's fair and I realised that might be the case after your response.

Personally though I think we look better when Buchanan plays for the most part and he's a better fit for what we are trying to do tactically.

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Yeah that's fair and I realised that might be the case after your response.

Personally though I think we look better when Buchanan plays for the most part and he's a better fit for what we are trying to do tactically.

Yep, but he's still young and is coming back. Fozzy (for all his faults) has been pretty good.

The way he’s played in these couple of games I think he’ll easily be our first choice next year at the latest. His defending leaves a bit to be desired but his Energy pace and technical ability on the ball will take him far. The way he’s moving at the moment I think he could overtake Buchanan by the end of this year

High praise of Williams indeed and deservedly so. He’s a talent no question, still young so his defending will improve, doubt he’ll overtake Buchanan as long as Buchanan remains at the club, he might eventually but will take a few years as in my opinion I think Buchanan is destined for big things. He could end up best left back in the championship this season, he’s that good just needs to build experience (Buchanan that is)

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I actually think Buchanan could easily be used as a wide left midfielder within out side especially when Lawrence moves on ( probably next summer) 

No chance. His touch isn’t good enough. Completely different to being a half decent attacking full back to a wide midfielder. 
I like Buchanen, but he’s not a top full back in this division, yet. Potential is there though.

On 10/08/2021 at 23:58, DCFC27 said:

Glad you pointed him out, first half IMO he looked like a rabbit in the headlights kept missing headers and making bad decision however second half he was the complete opposite and looked a real player. Someone at half time has said the right thing as he came out looking a foot taller with a new found confidence. Really liked what I saw. 

Rooney???