At what point ….

NottsRam77

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

The answer to your question is I’d like him to maybe look at it yes…the debts are down to himself …he’s been running the club and we trusted Mel to run the club properly and it’s in a mess so maybe yes because i don’t see any benefit to him long term whatsoever keeping the club as it is losing even more money month after month so yes maybe make it more of an attractive purchase somehow even if that means losing a bit more to help the sale or do you think he’s entitled to what he wants?

I have never  seen how buying a football club is a good investment because you will always lose money and not just small amounts but DCFC in the second tier of the English pyramid with a great fan base academy and ground and training facilities etc must be as good as an investment as any IF the price is right …

let’s not forget these debts are down to the people who run the club 

Mmm, find another £40 million or walk away and let the club go into administration. I know which I'd choose.

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Have to admit, I see it differently.

DCFC is being run on a need to know basis.  If you don't know the answers to those questions, there's a reason for that.

Yeah, deep down I guess "it would be nice to know", but personally, I ain't losing any sleep, and most certainly not planning on protesting. 
I'm a fan.  I'm a supporter.  I'm a ST Holder.  I'm a customer.  No more than that, and whilst I admit I'm curious, I don't expect to be included in the Need-To-Know-Gang!

?

I disagree a little 

a football club is nothing without fans 

we are way more than just customers 

We’re the lifeblood of this club 

Edited by NottsRam77

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

Mmm, find another £40 million or walk away and let the club go into administration. I know which I'd choose.

When Morris as a business man took hold of DCFC he would’ve been fully aware of the pitfalls 

The debts especially to the HMRC I don’t think are forgivable because that’s just pure poor management from the top 

so ok he wants whatever he wants but oh I’ve not been paying the HMRC either so whoever buys it can you please make sure you have a bit aside for them! I mean cmon Angie there is no excuse for not paying them or accruing debt especially to them 

do not forget we sold a few players over his term as well Ince Bogle Hendrick Hughes etc …yet we owe money to the HMRC …it’s been run poorly and even think we were better off when Clough was here at least the frugal way in which the club was run didn’t put the club at risk and still meant we were competitive 

Edited by S8TY

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I disagree a little 

a football club is nothing without fans 

we are way more than just customers 

We’re the lifeblood of this club 

A difficult... and emotive... subject.

Whilst I'd agree we play a massive part in the club's survival, we need the club as much as the club needs us.  Neither can survive without the other.
Without Derby County Football Club, Derby fans are just... well... fans!

... But the same can be said for Sainsburys!  We don't demand the ins and outs of boardroom meetings, as we are no more than mere customers.  Paying guests maybe, but that lies under the same umbrella.

Stakeholders even, technically speaking... but that still doesn't elevate us to needing to be ITK at boardroom level.

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

When Morris as a business man took hold of DCFC he would’ve been fully aware of the pitfalls 

The debts especially to the HMRC I don’t think are forgivable because that’s just pure poor management from the top 

so ok he wants whatever he wants but oh I’ve not been paying the HMRC either so whoever buys it can you please make sure you have a bit aside for them! I mean cmon Angie there is no excuse for not paying them or accruing debt especially to them 

do not forget we sold a few players over his term as well Ince Bogle Hendrick Hughes etc …yet we owe money to the HMRC …it’s been run poorly and even think we were better off when Clough was here at least the frugal way in which the club was run didn’t put the club at risk and still meant we were competitive 

I just don’t think that I know enough about Mel Morris's situation either personal or financial to be demanding he finds another £40 million to put right the wrongs of the last few years.

He's just a human being that had good intentions that didn't work out and an absolute poo load of bad luck on top of all that.

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

A difficult... and emotive... subject.

Whilst I'd agree we play a massive part in the club's survival, we need the club as much as the club needs us.  Neither can survive without the other.
Without Derby County Football Club, Derby fans are just... well... fans!

... But the same can be said for Sainsburys!  We don't demand the ins and outs of boardroom meetings, as we are no more than mere customers.  Paying guests maybe, but that lies under the same umbrella.

Stakeholders even, technically speaking... but that still doesn't elevate us to needing to be ITK at boardroom level.

I hear what your saying 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I just don’t think that I know enough about Mel Morris's situation either personal or financial to be demanding he finds another £40 million to put right the wrongs of the last few years.

He's just a human being that had good intentions that didn't work out and an absolute poo load of bad luck on top of all that.

Angie I’m certainly not criticising Mr Morris for having good intentions but I ran my own business for many years and what I did was make sure my taxes were paid because if you get on the wrong side of HMRC you are in trouble 

He knows as a businessman himself that if you can’t afford to pay the HMRC then something is quite wrong in how the whole operation is being run

you can only stick your head in the sand for so long ...if he sold some players and said it was a necessity to balance the books we might not like it but that’s how you have to operate 

As I said when Nigel Clough was here we ran a tight ship but still managed to bring in good players using shrewdness in the market and not overspending and yet still produced one of the best sides I’ve seen in years albeit with Macs tactical and coaching influence using Cloughs recruits 

it wasn’t broken at that stage and just needed a bit of help eg Thorne on. A permanent which he helped achieve but to be honest from then on we have obviously spiralled out of control spending too much and who,s fault is that?

The model was good before Mel took over but we lost our way especially in the recruitment areas spending obviously beyond our means because now we can’t even pay our taxes!

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

The model was good before Mel took over but we lost our way especially in the recruitment areas spending obviously beyond our means because now we can’t even pay our taxes!

Whilst the EFL says that is true, we have no idea what we haven't paid and why. Although we do know that HMRC haven't come after us yet...so maybe it's not as horrendous as you're making out in these covid times?

What do people expect from Morris and the club? A statement about another sale? After the debacles of the last two? Embarrassing..

An admission that we are screwed this season? We all know that anyway, what difference does the club saying it as well. Morris can’t really win here can he.. The situation is obvious, protests against what? An owner who tried his best but was ultimately out of his depth? I could understand a 3 Amigos scenario where they were crooks but Morris is not that. I really don’t know what anyone gains,, Morris HAS to keep as much as possible in-house at this point, no choice..

All we can do now as a fan base is support whoever is wearing the shirt. There will be mistakes, we will get a few footballing lessons and players playing way above their level but so what, as long as they are trying, they have me behind them.

I am guessing we will go down this season, I could even say, we deserve that. Most of you know I am no Morris fan but nothing is to be gained with not getting behind everyone at DCFC.

56 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

What do people expect from Morris and the club? A statement about another sale? After the debacles of the last two? Embarrassing..

An admission that we are screwed this season? We all know that anyway, what difference does the club saying it as well. Morris can’t really win here can he.. The situation is obvious, protests against what? An owner who tried his best but was ultimately out of his depth? I could understand a 3 Amigos scenario where they were crooks but Morris is not that. I really don’t know what anyone gains,, Morris HAS to keep as much as possible in-house at this point, no choice..

All we can do now as a fan base is support whoever is wearing the shirt. There will be mistakes, we will get a few footballing lessons and players playing way above their level but so what, as long as they are trying, they have me behind them.

I am guessing we will go down this season, I could even say, we deserve that. Most of you know I am no Morris fan but nothing is to be gained with not getting behind everyone at DCFC.

A centre back or 2 would be about it at the moment

3 hours ago, S8TY said:

Angie I’m certainly not criticising Mr Morris for having good intentions but I ran my own business for many years and what I did was make sure my taxes were paid because if you get on the wrong side of HMRC you are in trouble 

He knows as a businessman himself that if you can’t afford to pay the HMRC then something is quite wrong in how the whole operation is being run

you can only stick your head in the sand for so long ...if he sold some players and said it was a necessity to balance the books we might not like it but that’s how you have to operate 

As I said when Nigel Clough was here we ran a tight ship but still managed to bring in good players using shrewdness in the market and not overspending and yet still produced one of the best sides I’ve seen in years albeit with Macs tactical and coaching influence using Cloughs recruits 

it wasn’t broken at that stage and just needed a bit of help eg Thorne on. A permanent which he helped achieve but to be honest from then on we have obviously spiralled out of control spending too much and who,s fault is that?

Agree totally re clough etc 

always made laugh during and after their time the amount of stick Simon clough got … “he’s only there cos he’s Nigels brother” turns out he knew what a good player looked like without it costing us the world