At what point ….

NottsRam77

29 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Protest at the Betis game, if nothing changes protest IN GAME at the Huddersfield match and try and get the match called off. If we’re going into it with no centre backs then we’ve got nothing to lose. 

That really wont help the club in any way whatsoever.  

#moreharmthangood!

9 minutes ago, falconram said:

It's alright protesting or chanting but when u are in the position the owner has put us in who wants to buy a complete mess of a business. MM owns our stadium would you buy a house but only own the furnishings. The business man and the accountant have shown that they are not fit for purpose, we can keep blaming the EFL these two are culpable for the position we are in. 

If it were Buckingham Palace then absolutely!

Would make a great profit on a quick house clearance sale. 

7 minutes ago, S8TY said:

My real concern is I think Mels asking too much for the club 

We are never going to turn the corner out of this mess unless we are taken over and although it’s easy for us to say I’d like Mel to sell for a pound or a small sum to someone who’ll take this on

From  what I’m reading and I might be wrong of course but he’s trying to get back some of his losses and don’t think that’s gonna happen in today’s climate we will never get out of this mess unless we have new owners .

Well, outside estimates are that whoever takes on the club will also take on between £40m and £60m pounds worth of debt (loans HMRC etc). This is what Mel is asking for. He doesn't appear to be asking for any money out of the £200m he has already invested for himself.

Would you like him to pay out another £40m on top of the £200m to make it easier? 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Well, outside estimates are that whoever takes on the club will also take on between £40m and £60m pounds worth of debt (loans HMRC etc). This is what Mel is asking for. He doesn't appear to be asking for any money out of the £200m he has already invested for himself.

Would you like him to pay out another £40m on top of the £200m to make it easier? 

I don't think that's the question, it's not what we'd like it's what's an attractive proposition for a buyer to come in and take the club off Morris' hands.

And the answer at the moment is that it's not an attractive proposition hence why Morris has been struggling to flog us for so long now.

And the longer Morris sticks his head in the sand then the longer this current situation will suppurate and we'll be playing in League 1 and even less of an attractive proposition to a would be buyer and we get caught in this endless spiral.

48 minutes ago, angieram said:

The answer to your question is I’d like him to maybe look at it yes…the debts are down to himself …he’s been running the club and we trusted Mel to run the club properly and it’s in a mess so maybe yes because i don’t see any benefit to him long term whatsoever keeping the club as it is losing even more money month after month so yes maybe make it more of an attractive purchase somehow even if that means losing a bit more to help the sale or do you think he’s entitled to what he wants?

I have never  seen how buying a football club is a good investment because you will always lose money and not just small amounts but DCFC in the second tier of the English pyramid with a great fan base academy and ground and training facilities etc must be as good as an investment as any IF the price is right …

let’s not forget these debts are down to the people who run the club 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I can't argue with the validity of any of your questions @NottsRam77 but for me, I don't think protesting is the way to go this early.

If you feel strongly about it, get involved with Rams Trust and encourage them to get the fans to "show their strength" in whatever way is deemed appropriate. 

For now, I think the number of fans turning out at these pointless friendlies is a show of our strength as a potential asset to a future owner  and hopefully a support to our bedraggled squad of players. 

and I've just been sick in my mouth

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

£200m is an oft quoted figure for Mels investment in the club. Is there any actual basis of fact that he has actually spent anything like that? Especially given the debts to MSD, HMRC, etc.

Suppose he lets it go for nowt then he's put in.... 

The purchase price..wasn't it 20m or something 

6 years of maximum P&S losses.. If that's 13m pa that's 78m

The extra amount from flogging the stadium... 40m?

Plus the other cash for running academy etc that don't count for P&S...I can't remember exactly but was 3m a season quoted? So that's best part of 20m

So that's around 160m or so... 

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Suppose he lets it go for nowt then he's put in.... 

The purchase price..wasn't it 20m or something 

6 years of maximum P&S losses.. If that's 13m pa that's 78m

The extra amount from flogging the stadium... 40m?

Plus the other cash for running academy etc that don't count for P&S...I can't remember exactly but was 3m a season quoted? So that's best part of 20m

So that's around 160m or so... 

All plausible but he, or one of his investment vehicles, and certainly not DCFC if my understanding is correct, does own an £80m asset. If it all goes a bit Pete Tong I wonder who will be sitting with the football stadium? Net £80m investment?

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

All plausible but he, or one of his investment vehicles, and certainly not DCFC if my understanding is correct, does own an £80m asset. If it all goes a bit Pete Tong I wonder who will be sitting with the football stadium? Net £80m investment?

on the last published figures he hasn't paid for the stadium.  What could be happening is that the money he owes to the club for the stadium is being reduced by the money he is putting in to keep the club afloat.  

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Assumes he sells the ground with the club for a quid. 

I saw the stadium sale as purely a n internal paper transaction to enable him to put more into the club. 

Ultimately, that money like everything else has been spent on a lovely bunch of Anyas..... ?

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Assumes he sells the ground with the club for a quid. 

I saw the stadium sale as purely a n internal paper transaction to enable him to put more into the club. 

Ultimately, that money like everything else has been spent on a lovely bunch of Anyas..... ?

keep that quiet because the EFL and DC believe it to be a legitimate transaction.  That kind of talk will leave us with our name erased from all records of football

12 minutes ago, Spanish said:

keep that quiet because the EFL and DC believe it to be a legitimate transaction.  That kind of talk will leave us with our name erased from all records of football

All perfectly legitimate as a transaction. It's merely what Mel chose to do with the proceeds on behalf of dcfc as the seller. I didn't see any big dividend flowing out of dcfc to the shareholder... ?

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

All perfectly legitimate as a transaction. It's merely what Mel chose to do with the proceeds on behalf of dcfc as the seller. I didn't see any big dividend flowing out of dcfc to the shareholder... ?

I don't think there are any proceeds just an unpaid debt (maybe)