New reduced squad numbers are in.

loweman2

Is there anyone like me really dreading this season? I'm just not looking forward to what's going to happen. At present can enjoy the Euro's and England's success and the joys of what football can bring. Remember the days when we had that with Derby County? The days of Clough, Mackay, Cox and Smith, great players and great football.

3 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Is there anyone like me really dreading this season? I'm just not looking forward to what's going to happen. At present can enjoy the Euro's and England's success and the joys of what football can bring. Remember the days when we had that with Derby County? The days of Clough, Mackay, Cox and Smith, great players and great football.

I guess the thing about a new season is no one knows how it's going to pan out. 

We will have a team, a ground and fans. 

We don't know the starting line-up, we don't know who will be in charge and we don't know who will own us. 

We don't know for sure which division we will be in and whether or not we will have a points deduction. 

In a way, it's very exciting. 

Though in a blindfolded, tied to a chair kind of way ?

37 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Cox

Cox is an interesting comparison

"He arrived at the Baseball Ground, asked Roy McFarland to be his assistant, and found only 12 players, of which nine were under contract. Undaunted by the scale of the task, he began to build and Derby moved from the High Court to the First Division in just over three years."

52 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Can't get excited about it. There's so much uncertainty at the club at the minute. Things could happen very quickly but it's just impossible to say.

Edited by Rammy03

45 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

I'm trying to just block out any thought of the domestic season at present and just focus on England and the Euros. 

I'm hoping all will come good and there's movements in the background that we aren't privy too but it looks bleak at the moment and you can't argue with fans being vocal about the short term and long term future currently. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I guess the thing about a new season is no one knows how it's going to pan out. 

We will have a team, a ground and fans. 

We don't know the starting line-up, we don't know who will be in charge and we don't know who will own us. 

We don't know for sure which division we will be in and whether or not we will have a points deduction. 

In a way, it's very exciting. 

Though in a blindfolded, tied to a chair kind of way ?

We still don’t know officially if we will be allowed in home or away either ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

Watched an episode of Porridge the other night and Godber had the headline 'Mackay Sacked' pinned on his cell wall. Giving the time it aired (1974-77) I'm guessing it was reference to dave Mackay, with the double reference of course being Mr Mackay, the prison guard.

As for looking back, no good can come from it other than to be proud of our history. For today we are where we are, we've got what we've got. Preston won the league going unbeaten, Hudersfield won the league three seasons on the run, Sunderland won it three times in four years, there are many, many clubs who have greater history than present.