When do we stop panicking?

Malty

So after all that’s been said over the last few hours, it feels like the EFL have very little chance of actually successfully deducting any points from us for last season.

DCFC will certainly not make anything easy for them before the season kicks off.

So nothing will happen until the championship kicks off …. we can stop panicking and start to love our club again. Right?

COYR!! (Still feel like I need to whisper it!)

Hope so mate, we’ve been through the ringer now for a long period. The EFL are on a nasty little mission to ensure we end up with a points deduction. I can’t believe how many appeals they are allowed. I’m sure we will end up in the High court if they persist.

Really hoping the takeover can proceed now.

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

eh?

they've arranged for 2 sets of fixtures just in case, that's not worrying you?

given the urgency, if they appeal, the LAP will be formed quickly, and they are already fully briefed.  I guess this could be very fast tracked indeed

I thought we had until 18/8 to produce our accounts??

The sooner we are took over, and Mel has gone, is the time we can start to re build the mighty Rams, as everyone on here knows i am always positive about my club, not so much about Mel as what he has done to us is unforgivable, but we will come again, i have my season ticket for this season bought last season, and never once asked for a refund, will support Derby till the day I die, as the saying goes. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Edited by Derby blood

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

there are 2 matters

1. the fine for the guilty decision which could result in relegation 20/21
  2. restated accounts which could result in a points deduction 21/22

Reply point 1, the club have already stated that a points deduction would be illegal. The EFL could try for it and then face a huge claim in compensation if overturned in court. Knowing the EFL it will probably end up in the House of Lords.

13 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Reply point 1, the club have already stated that a points deduction would be illegal. The EFL could try for it and then face a huge claim in compensation if overturned in court. Knowing the EFL it will probably end up in the House of Lords.

it is in nobodies business to not come to an agreement on #1 otherwise Derby and Wycombe will be playing the same opponent on the first day.  Because the EFL have produced 2 separate fixture lists apparently then it will encourage Wycombe to sue if the LAP decide n a points penalty by effectively from 21/22.  The sensible answer is that the LAP will agree on a fine and maybe increase it a bit.  Throughout this it will be ironic (understatement) if our restated figs do not breach the rules though

Probably the time to stop panicking (although I’d say, more the time to stop being anxious) is when a line has been drawn under the whole sorry mess and we can start again.

If that’s from League 1 then so be it. Other clubs are, and have been, in such circumstances and survived (or even prospered).  I wouldn’t want it or relish it, but it wouldn’t stop me going. It might even be quite interesting to see something a bit different.  

Either way, I just wish we’d get to a point where it’s sorted; there are no more appeals, no more charges and no more uncertainty. We cant move on until then. 

41 minutes ago, Spanish said:

it is in nobodies business to not come to an agreement on #1 otherwise Derby and Wycombe will be playing the same opponent on the first day.  Because the EFL have produced 2 separate fixture lists apparently then it will encourage Wycombe to sue if the LAP decide n a points penalty by effectively from 21/22.  The sensible answer is that the LAP will agree on a fine and maybe increase it a bit.  Throughout this it will be ironic (understatement) if our restated figs do not breach the rules though

Perhaps on the opening day of the season, we had better have two teams at the two possible fixtures, just in case ...

Edited by 48 hours
Missed 'at' ...

If we go down then we go down I guess. I'll try to look on the bright side of life that we can visit some new away grounds, probably do a bit better than a season of absolute desolation that awaits us in the championship and build from the bottom up. If Mel has to take a hit on the asking price of the club so be it- he's put us in this mess he's the one who can pay the price. 

I think we all need to use the panic button to be fair lets not kid ourselves here we are in a mess,even if we produce accounts for the three years we are being asked to submit again the time scale will mean the season is upon us with no new signings with a bang average squad at best,we cant even resign Waghorn so no doubt he will look for a new club now

I would rather just take the relegation on the chin and crack on,the EFL making two lots of fixtures is a absolute joke no player will want to even join us with all this going on at present