This is what is happening behind the scenes at Derby County, including the EFL appeal...

IslandExile

This is what is happening behind the scenes at Derby County, including the EFL appeal...  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Spanish said:

sham69?

Let me guess. You are one of the 48 and clear majority winner that you have no idea and just want to support your club?!

Well let me tell you now. You choose to sit still all you like but this club is in a serious mess and that is a fact and something needs to be done. I would love for anyone to convince me otherwise (or Mel & Stephen which of course is what its all about) but it's not going to happen is it, they have refused.

I have posted on the other thread but feel free to take in what Peter Marples has to say on the matter. His facebook page is open. He may have a grudge but of course all the answers lie with the current custodians of the football club, both of which refuse to speak to the fans.

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

You are one of the 48 and clear majority winner that you have no idea and just want to support your club?!

I think you are misinterpreting why people have selected that answer.

It is not because, as you keep claiming, they are burying their head in the sand.

It is because we are sick and tired of everything that is hanging over our club, whether that be failed takeovers, FFP or EFL charges and appeals. We just want to go back to the club being about football.

You keep saying we need to be aware of what's happening and we should do something about it.

No one - including you - is freakin' telling us what's happening.

So, what on earth do you expect us to do???

7 hours ago, IslandExile said:

It is not because, as you keep claiming, they are burying their head in the sand.

It is because we are sick and tired of everything that is hanging over our club, whether that be failed takeovers, FFP or EFL charges and appeals. We just want to go back to the club being about football.

You keep saying we need to be aware of what's happening and we should do something about it.

Thanks this is it, he comes on here giving it the ‘big i am’ and gets snotty when we don’t all bow to him and his hints of issues. This site is full of intelligent experienced knowledgeable individuals and it is insulting to suggest any of us have our head in the sand.  His posts are borderline wummery 

8 hours ago, therams69 said:

Let me guess. You are one of the 48 and clear majority winner that you have no idea and just want to support your club?!

Well let me tell you now. You choose to sit still all you like but this club is in a serious mess and that is a fact and something needs to be done. I would love for anyone to convince me otherwise (or Mel & Stephen which of course is what its all about) but it's not going to happen is it, they have refused.

I have posted on the other thread but feel free to take in what Peter Marples has to say on the matter. His facebook page is open. He may have a grudge but of course all the answers lie with the current custodians of the football club, both of which refuse to speak to the fans.

Assumptions again I haven’t voted

7 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Further more - the CEO and the owner should not make a public disclosure on the state of the football club whilst trying to sell it. Things may be as bad as you say - but disclosing that is a little like trying to sell a car to someone, and telling your mate openly, whilst the punter is looking over the car “can’t believe I am getting shot of this motor, it doesn’t even start”!

I have it on good authority the world is ending in the next few weeks. I wrote a letter to Boris to clarify the situation, but I’ve not had any response. That’s tells you everything you need to know, so we should all start digging bunkers and stock piling toilet paper again. If you don’t, your just denying the obvious truth of the matter. 

23 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I have it on good authority the world is ending in the next few weeks. I wrote a letter to Boris to clarify the situation, but I’ve not had any response. That’s tells you everything you need to know, so we should all start digging bunkers and stock piling toilet paper again. If you don’t, your just denying the obvious truth of the matter. 

I know what's actually happening, but I'm not going to tell you in case it upsets the bloke down the chip shop that told me to keep it a secret.....

1 hour ago, Igorwasking said:

Further more - the CEO and the owner should not make a public disclosure on the state of the football club whilst trying to sell it. Things may be as bad as you say - but disclosing that is a little like trying to sell a car to someone, and telling your mate openly, whilst the punter is looking over the car “can’t believe I am getting shot of this motor, it doesn’t even start”!

But it was okay for the owner to say 3 months ago that he would keep the club going in amongst the takeover... 

If only this was about the sale of the football club...

9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

You still haven't told us any details of the mess or what we can do about it.

Already said I am not prepared to disclose finer details and you know why. Least of all it would put this forum in serious jeopardy and I am not prepared to put David in that position. A bit of respect on that would be appreciated rather than keep on going on about it..

Granted and point took about what we can do about it, I was hoping we could come up with something. Nice to see Pav & the Punjabi Rams put out a statement. Perhaps we can get the DCFCFANS forum to do the same as an idea? Maybe then Ramstrust as well?

9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Me too. Unfortunately the only people that can reassure us are the CEO and Owner who refuse point blank to speak to us. This is my point.

1 minute ago, therams69 said:

Already said I am not prepared to disclose finer details and you know why. Least of all it would put this forum in serious jeopardy and I am not prepared to put David in that position. A bit of respect on that would be appreciated rather than keep on going on about it..

Granted and point took about what we can do about it, I was hoping we could come up with something. Nice to see Pav & the Punjabi Rams put out a statement. Perhaps we can get the DCFCFANS forum to do the same as an idea? Maybe then Ramstrust as well?

Cheers. Here's the deal I will offer you.....
I will stop pointing out that you are not telling us anything IF you stop telling us that we have our heads in the sand and urging us to do something without saying what. In the meantime, I will put my pitchfork away since it might not be needed after all.

Regards putting a statement out from DCFC.....Good luck with that!  I presume you have read the forum. No way could the folks on here agree about anything, let alone the wording of such a statement. As an aside....I think disagreement is a good thing if it leads to healthy debate.

The only possible statement that I can imagine people rallying around would be along the lines of "we supporters are concerned about the takeovers and the EFL charges and we would appreciate more communication from the club".

That's hardly likely to cause much of a tremor.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Cheers. Here's the deal I will offer you.....
I will stop pointing out that you are not telling us anything IF you stop telling us that we have our heads in the sand and urging us to do something without saying what. In the meantime, I will put my pitchfork away since it might not be needed after all.

Regards putting a statement out from DCFC.....Good luck with that!  I presume you have read the forum. No way could the folks on here agree about anything, let alone the wording of such a statement. As an aside....I think disagreement is a good thing if it leads to healthy debate.

The only possible statement that I can imagine people rallying around would be along the lines of "we supporters are concerned about the takeovers and the EFL charges and we would appreciate more communication from the club".

That's hardly likely to cause much of a tremor.

Okay let's agree to say that you have your heads in a bucket? That better ?

In all seriousness, you collectively have a voice at the table. You need to be putting something out like Punjabi Rams. Appreciate its hard with so many voices but something needs to be done otherwise its pointless having that seat at the table. 

Let's try and keep it simple here and this is all a bit weird anyway as its just such a simple request we are asking our club. All we should be wanting is for our CEO or Owner to come out and reassure fans that the club is going to be okay despite everything that is going on. I understand Mel spoke to a fan at the game and when asked directly he replied saying "I hope so" - that is not reassurance.

That statement is pretty bang on in fairness and pretty much what this is all about... 

11 hours ago, therams69 said:

Peter Marples you say? 3AAA Peter Marples? Okay. I have actually read his FB page, I now know that he likes a carvery, enlightening stuff.Seriously, you may not like the results of this jocular poll and you may think it doesn't reflect what your seeing on your FB page but in reality, that's what most football fans think. You may think they're wrong and that's your perogative, as it is theirs but banging your fists on the table within a football forum isn't going to change anything.