Big Summer

DCFC1388

Big summer ahead now for the club. In a good position for any takeover with the wage bill the lowest it has been for years, fans hopefully set to return for next season and you would like to think the Keogh & EFL appeals are sorted one way or another.

Time for the club to reset and start again.

Cmon you Rams!!!

3 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

Anyone know the contract situations for Edmundson and Roberts? I'd be happy to see both come back if they were available free or an affordable price. Definitely wouldn't want us to pay over the odds for either

Both still under contract with their clubs.

Roberts cost £12 million I doubt City will accept anything we could afford!

Edmundson is more realistic but again I’m betting he’d cost around a million

Edited by Ramarena

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Both still under contract with their clubs.

Roberts cost £12 million I doubt City will accept anything we could afford!

Edmundson is more realistic but again I’m betting he’d cost around a million

Thanks ?

I think we'll be back in the position of only paying out the occasional "Barker type fee" and to be honest I'm fine with that. It means spending only on the right players.

Roberts as much as I loved that goal today and he has had moments, I don't he's a player to spend big on. There's a lot in Edmundson I like and I think with an experienced partner and good coaching he could be a good addition. I wouldn't want us breaking the bank for him though.

1 minute ago, abertawe_ram said:

Thanks ?

I think we'll be back in the position of only paying out the occasional "Barker type fee" and to be honest I'm fine with that. It means spending only on the right players.

Roberts as much as I loved that goal today and he has had moments, I don't he's a player to spend big on. There's a lot in Edmundson I like and I think with an experienced partner and good coaching he could be a good addition. I wouldn't want us breaking the bank for him though.

Yeah Edmundson has enough potential to be a useful player in this division. He’s fairly well rounded and still young, he’s surprisingly quick too.

If a deal could be done anything up to a million would be resonable.

The only thing that concerns me is his injury record.

Of the 5 loans he’s the only one I’d look at again.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Big summer ahead now for the club. In a good position for any takeover with the wage bill the lowest it has been for years, fans hopefully set to return for next season and you would like to think the Keogh & EFL appeals are sorted one way or another.

Time for the club to reset and start again.

Cmon you Rams!!!

Massive summer & you're right, the wage bill is going to be at its most manageable since 2013 but still with plenty of talent/saleable assets in the squad. Its a great opportunity.

There's no reason why we can't be top half but we need to sort out the off-field situation quickly with respect to the ownership & bringing in a competent manager. We can then focus on the recruitment we need.

Ideal chain of events;

1. Alonso's takeover is blocked by the EFL on the basis of non-transparency of funds, his association with Matt Southall & his Trump-esque tweets suggesting he has the emotional intelligence of a 14 year old

2. Rooney spits his dummy out & resigns...'I saved this club & deserve better'

3. Club is taken over by the rumoured local bid. No big spending but plan to run the club sustainably focusing on young talent & improving players.

4. Director of Football hired to run the football side including overall responsibility for scouting, recruitment & Academy

5. Ian Evatt joins as new manager on a 3 year deal

6. Bring in players in areas of real weakness from June onwards...especially CB, CF & arguably a dominant midfielder

16 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Massive summer & you're right, the wage bill is going to be at its most manageable since 2013 but still with plenty of talent/saleable assets in the squad. Its a great opportunity.

There's no reason why we can't be top half but we need to sort out the off-field situation quickly with respect to the ownership & bringing in a competent manager. We can then focus on the recruitment we need.

Ideal chain of events;

1. Alonso's takeover is blocked by the EFL on the basis of non-transparency of funds, his association with Matt Southall & his Trump-esque tweets suggesting he has the emotional intelligence of a 14 year old

3. Club is taken over by the rumoured local bid. No big spending but plan to run the club sustainably focusing on young talent & improving players.

4. Director of Football hired to run the football side including overall responsibility for scouting, recruitment & Academy

6. Bring in players in areas of real weakness from June onwards...especially CB, CF & arguably a dominant midfielder

Please correct me if I’m wrong 

at first I thought exactly the same ... our wage bill is as low as it’s been for years we can add to it and maybe add reasonably well

but i read on here from another poster that because of these players being allowed to leave on frees and the way we’ve amortised our accounts .. ie pinning the chunk of it onto that final year we still have to be incredibly careful / tight with money 

as I say I may be wrong .. hopefully I am 

40 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Ideal chain of events;

Young talent that nearly got us relegated when we relied on them heavily. Relying on youth will not bring us success. Also Evatt having only managed in league 1 and lower levels is not going to attract the foreign players we will likely be in for, Rooney will attract players from abroad of a higher standard than what we could get from league 1 or the SPL if we are looking outside the championship and also we will get better loan signings. 

That's idealistic stuff to me, as long as the new owner is willing to spend good money and have a good recruitment plan in place I don't care where they are from or what they say on Twitter. We failed by spending good amounts of money in players like Johnson and Anya but we are still more likely to have success by spending a good amount whilst still using the very best of our young players, in comparison to free signing, the odd 1 million or 2 signing and relying on youth. If spending pittance made you as likely to be successful as anyone else then owners at this level wouldn't spend and keep money in their pockets. 

Look at the teams going up recently, they are the teams with parachute payments spending alot, your chances of success are always going to be higher when you have money to play with. Also not convinced on the quality of our young Players when it comes to building a squad with  4 or more starting , some good players but overall not enough to rely on especially in the striker, CB and wide areas that all need investment. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

3 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Young talent that nearly got us relegated when we relied on them heavily. Relying on youth will not bring us success. Also Evatt having only managed in league 1 and lower levels is not going to attract the foreign players we will likely be in for, Rooney will attract players from abroad of a higher standard than what we could get from league 1 or the SPL if we are looking outside the championship and also we will get better loan signings. 

This all day long.

Would be happy to have all 5 loans back, even as loans they played their part in keeping us up. Plus Clarkey (any chance?). Go from there.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This all day long.

Would be happy to have all 5 loans back, even as loans they played their part in keeping us up. Plus Clarkey (any chance?). Go from there.

Not sure about Clarke makes too many mistakes on the ball, unless we are planning to be a long ball team I'm not sure he is suitable. Also think Brighton will want to sell him not loan him so that might go against us. 

13 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong 

at first I thought exactly the same ... our wage bill is as low as it’s been for years we can add to it and maybe add reasonably well

but i read on here from another poster that because of these players being allowed to leave on frees and the way we’ve amortised our accounts .. ie pinning the chunk of it onto that final year we still have to be incredibly careful / tight with money 

as I say I may be wrong .. hopefully I am 

I was thinking of wages from a cashflow point of view i.e. the club becomes easier to finance on an ongoing basis with a lower wage bill which makes it easier on Mel's pocket & for our prospective new owners.

The amortisation relates to our financial accounts & a lot of it is guesswork given that I believe we've not submitted 18/19 or 19/20 accounts yet. Yes, we will need to act within constraints on FFP & amortisation method will affect that but removal or renegotiation of big wage earners like Curtis, Waggy & Wisdom will give us headroom. So will player sales & I fully expect a bìg sale, probably Jozwiak. That should give us enough room to bring in the faces we need.

Also dont fully understand the ramifications of new ownership on our FFP situation or how stringent the EFL will be given the pandemic has destroyed revenue streams (as no crowds allowed)