Big Summer

DCFC1388

18 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

What are peoples thoughts on jack Marriott moving forward ?

clearly isn’t the man to play in a Phillip cocu slow paced one up top with everything infront of the opposition 

is there scope though for a role for him in a more direct , into the channels or day I say it ... off a focal point like CKR ... surely we can’t rule that out we will still need to work within constraints .. we own him and if Rooney thinks there’s something there still I wouldn’t say no 

might leave a little more wriggle room for strengthening else where 

Iv not been Marriotts biggest fan ... but that’s been as much to do with how he’s been deployed certainly wouldn’t rule him out in the right system far from it 

All depends on how he is on return from exile in Sheffield, gets a decent pre season and impresses, or not, I'd like to see him in a 2 up top 

40 minutes ago, Jram said:

I’d be very surprised if Clarke returned, I think he’s absolutely brilliant, too good for Brighton 

Roberts is probably going to be too much simply because he’s from City

I would like Edmundson back and I think it’s feasible

I do wonder if the club will cash in one of our youngsters.. would have said Knight but his value is considerably down since January.. perhaps Buchanan is closest to his peak value of the four (bird and sibley too)

I think Mengi will be back and maybe another United youngster, no idea who though 

I think Lawrence is out of contract next summer so the club will surely sell

Waggy will have to take a cut to get a contract but would offer it if he accepted something affordable. Same for Wis 

I like Clarke but I’m not sure I’d describe him as absolutely brilliant and too good for a lower end premier league team.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I like Clarke but I’m not sure I’d describe him as absolutely brilliant and too good for a lower end premier league team.

Quite like Clarke, but surely his value has gone down following the nightmare of a season he’s been a part of.

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Quite like Clarke, but surely his value has gone down following the nightmare of a season he’s been a part of.

Comfortably our best player in my opinion. Sadly he will almost certainly have lost credit in most people’s eyes though, I agree

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

What are peoples thoughts on jack Marriott moving forward ?

clearly isn’t the man to play in a Phillip cocu slow paced one up top with everything infront of the opposition 

is there scope though for a role for him in a more direct , into the channels or day I say it ... off a focal point like CKR ... surely we can’t rule that out we will still need to work within constraints .. we own him and if Rooney thinks there’s something there still I wouldn’t say no 

might leave a little more wriggle room for strengthening else where 

Iv not been Marriotts biggest fan ... but that’s been as much to do with how he’s been deployed certainly wouldn’t rule him out in the right system far from it 

I was thinking about him too.  If we play 2 up front I think he’d be a good partner for either CKR or Waggy.  He could feed off them and use his pace to get behind the defence.  It would give us options and make us less predictable.

8 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I was thinking about him too.  If we play 2 up front I think he’d be a good partner for either CKR or Waggy.  He could feed off them and use his pace to get behind the defence.  It would give us options and make us less predictable.

100% agree

assuming he comes back fit 

was going to say .. I missed it cos my kid was kicking off ... but did anyone hear Ryan Conway discussing ibe ?

did he say he’d be surprised to see him next year or did I miss hear that