Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whilst I'm here though, we know the Championship manager of the year will go to whoever wins the league, just like no keeper stands any chance of winning the Messi/Ronaldo trophy....

Never any context, you could win 4 and draw 1 with academy players, yet lose the Manager of the Month award to a guy that's won 5 with Premier League signings plus £45m in his back pocket. 

For the job they have done, with the resources they have had, name me one manager that deserves it more than Rooney?

I was laughed at for suggesting it weeks ago, whilst I admit it may have perhaps been a little early to make the call, but as the season draws to a conclusion I haven't seen anything that changes that opinion, only strengthens it.

There should be a fans award, voted by fans from the league their club competes in, not some office worker for an organisation that needs to be stripped of power already.

5 hours ago, David said:

Whilst I'm here though, we know the Championship manager of the year will go to whoever wins the league, just like no keeper stands any chance of winning the Messi/Ronaldo trophy....

Never any context, you could win 4 and draw 1 with academy players, yet lose the Manager of the Month award to a guy that's won 5 with Premier League signings plus £45m in his back pocket. 

For the job they have done, with the resources they have had, name me one manager that deserves it more than Rooney?

I was laughed at for suggesting it weeks ago, whilst I admit it may have perhaps been a little early to make the call, but as the season draws to a conclusion I haven't seen anything that changes that opinion, only strengthens it.

There should be a fans award, voted by fans from the league their club competes in, not some office worker for an organisation that needs to be stripped of power already.

He'll 100% win it if we stay up. They gave him the manager of the week award last week!

If we go down, I can see Mowbary or Wilder deservedly getting it if one of Blackburn or Boro go up.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He'll 100% win it if we stay up. They gave him the manager of the week award last week!

If we go down, I can see Mowbary or Wilder deservedly getting it if one of Blackburn or Boro go up.

Isn't it Whoscored that create the team of the week based on their ratings, the EFL just sign off on them?

Not a chance someone at EFL HQ is watching every game with a notepad 

1 minute ago, David said:

Isn't it Whoscored that create the team of the week based on their ratings, the EFL just sign off on them?

Not a chance someone at EFL HQ is watching every game with a notepad 

Dunno. Presumably they have some kind of qualitative judgement for the manager though.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

2 hours ago, David said:

Just looked, they are. No idea how they rate a manager, beating a team higher in the league, winning goals after subs? No idea

Fleming? Who was torn apart last night? Many, many lols. 

Apparently he writes poems for Coleen and leaves them on the table for her to wake up to. His latest is:

Roses are red, but I couldn’t give a duck, we’re Derby county and we’re staying up !!!! X love you Coleen

Edited by TexasRam