Meh

Angry Ram

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfectly summed up @Angry Ram. My lad been on the phone to me saying I just can’t believe all the years we’ve been so close, to now be at this level of close to going down. Both mine haven’t really seen them in the Prem that they remember that well, just one season they said, but we’re really imploding aren’t we?.

Cant really argue, feel sad for them now, like I did when the youngest cried at the end of QPR game. Telling them to man up, when there is literally an empty feeling doesn’t really work. Mel spunked his money dreaming of glory, could put up an argument for what he’s done with the academy but for someone that’s always been positive, I also just really feel MEH.

So meh, that for the first time in 40 odd years, I really feel meh about going next year if we go down. Certainly needs a new broom, because if Rooney is here next year, it’s going to be a lot more MEH, could go on but really CBA

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Give your head a wobble then. #COYR

Have just wobbled it Roy but unfortunately we are still going down with an owner who will sell to literally anybody, a manager who wouldn’t be wanted by a single other team in the 92 and a set of players who largely aren’t interested ??

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Have just wobbled it Roy but unfortunately we are still going down with an owner who will sell to literally anybody, a manager who wouldn’t be wanted by a single other team in the 92 and a set of players who largely aren’t interested ??

We are The Mighty Rams. Our history is to be envied and our future will be great! #COYR ? ? ?

3 hours ago, Yani P said:

Supported the club long enough and ridden the roller coaster on the few ups and many downs.. we will recover and be great to watch again...

I hope so 

Iv done 33 years and can verify it is indeed a rollercoaster 

I won’t lie Iv never done the 3rd tier of English football... it’s shock to me so god knows what it’ll do to the Dcfc entitlement brigade 

1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

The whole club needs sorting out from top to bottom. If Rooney et al are involved next season I'm not convinced I'll be bothering much.

And if by some miracle we stay up next week, I hope nobody at DCFC tries to celebrate it. 

Just meh.

If Rooney is here next season I’ll be spending my time with my kids enjoying myself... football and Derby County is my hobby. I know we can’t guarantee wins and I don’t mind losing but we are losing and not looking bothered. I’d rather go down the park with the girls on my day off than see us put in another pathetic performance. 

Meh sums it up perfectly... 23 years I’ve actively supported this club and all I can muster up is meh too. Wouldn’t be sad to see a single one of them leave.

Ive not reached the Meh stage. It still hurts, today it hurt watching it, from the moment when Joz passed a 5 yard ball directly into touch instead of to a team mate, which inevitably led to a goal 2 minutes later, that hurt. Joz was one of our better players today but for the life of me I cannot work out how he managed to pass the ball 2 yards behind the player he was aiming at.

Not picking on Joz or blaming him for the season, just an observation that the players have consistently given the ball away, under no pressure, so many times in so many games. Its infuriating, its blood pressure soaring, and it almost always leads to a goal.

I'm guessing if its Meh, then you are beyond caring, I can't see myself being in that position as it always hurts when we lose.

2 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

What is meh?! 

Is it literally saying, "Meh," with a shrug of the shoulders, or is it some DCFC or social media reference?

I'm fed up feeling too embarrassed to ask!

I'm taking it as "no longer bothered". 

5 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Did Morris pick those players?? Were any of those players undeserving of a chance at Derby based on their credentials?? I would say no. Morris backed his managers although he seemed to sack people very quickly. Maybe that was a mistake.

I would say Blackman. He was always crap.

16 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

He was good at Reading. Their fans rated him. 

We'll have to differ on that one. My rate who supports Reading - there are some out there-wasn't  a fan and thought we paid way over the odds. Always on the bench when we played them. Got 10 goals in the first 12/13 games of the season when we signed him but hadn't scored in 10 by the time we did . Another rooster fight, with  Sheff Wednesday this time, resulting in paying twice the original price ( and wage no doubt) offered to secure a bang average mid table championship player on a good day.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We'll have to differ on that one. My rate who supports Reading - there are some out there-wasn't  a fan and thought we paid way over the odds. Always on the bench when we played them. Got 10 goals in the first 12/13 games of the season when we signed him but hadn't scored in 10 by the time we did . Another rooster fight, with  Sheff Wednesday this time, resulting in paying twice the original price ( and wage no doubt) offered to secure a bang average mid table championship player on a good day.

He was a winger mainly and again I spoke to a Reading fan who I know and really rated him (he actually said to me what did you guys do to Blackman)  but of course fans can differ in opinion. I agree we paid over the odds, we had too many players and not a settled side I think. We seem to buy a load of players and not get the best of them. The point overall was Mel was backing the managers financially. Maybe he should not have hired some of them in the first place

6 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

That’s all I can muster. Am I angry we lost again, not really, expected it.. I’m a fan of this club, No, I love this club and all I can muster is meh!

What have they done to this once proud club.. We don’t expect much really, just the odd decent performance and a few wins. Before the Morris reign I would have been incandescent with rage at this team.. Now meh.. 

Those who know me, know I’ve done the hard miles travelling the country and Europe and loved it, win or lose. Now, it holds no appeal at all,. Before anyone goes down the entitlement route, don’t.. That’s not me.

Watched the game and my angst was for people like B4 who really care. It’s their time I suppose, not mine, I’ve had my fun I guess.. I hope people/fans like him can get past this period.. I am sure they will.. Fingers crossed.

I don’t want to rant about Mr Morris, I have made my fears known all through his tenure.. But thanks.. What the hell happened? Meh. 

Saddens me to admit your were right all long but not as much as the notion that your time is up. Can't have that. I'd wager a very good night out that after the inevitable hard re-set, the Angry fires will soon be rekindled and somewhere down the line, there'll be not just two, but three generations of Angrys smashing out the away days. 

I can't say I'm 'meh' about the club but maybe that's because I'm only 27 and have only been going 20 years compared to some people doing double or more than that. I LOVE Derby County, it's a massive part of my identity and I'll gladly spend time, money and emotional effort following this club. I can't overstate my anger at the players, the management and yes the ownership who have allowed us to slide into this precarious position.

Some of the best days of my life so far have been on away days and play off games following this club but this lot deserve every bit of stick they get if they dare hang around next season.  I think what i find hard to digest is the seeming lack of emotional attachment or bother both the players and staff have at putting us in this situation- no passion, no fight, no anguish and quite frankly no intelligence between the lot of them. Honestly, they're so lucky they haven't had fans in the grounds this year as they'd be in no doubt what we think of the lot of them. 

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's never over, but I can't care much until Morris is gone, he's left us with this squad. Plus the joke of demanding we play Academy players leading to us being beaten by one such player. The irony shouldn't be lost on Morris I hope.

Where to start? Your entire post is predicated on the assumption that Morris is not only in charge of player recruitment, but also picks the team. Seriously? And can you point me to the bit where he demands that we play academy players. I recall a mission statement that outlined heightened investment in the academy, a common style of play from U15's to the senior squad to ease integration and a desire to have 4 or 5 homegrown players graduate to the senior squad. Where's the joke?

I'm also perplexed by your definition of irony. Was Morgan subbed on and off and flogged off to Swansea at Mel's bequest? Perhaps I'm missing the point, but I'd have thought it would be Rooney pondering the nature of irony after his bullish statements about not selling anyone he wanted to keep. I guess Whittaker wasn't on the list ?‍♂️

Archived