Meh

Angry Ram

4 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Did Morris pick those players?? Were any of those players undeserving of a chance at Derby based on their credentials?? I would say no. Morris backed his managers although he seemed to sack people very quickly. Maybe that was a mistake.

He backed his managers with ridiculous amounts of money in fees and wages - was that sensible? Did he HAVE to do it? No he wanted to. It went badly wrong - who picked the managers - and now he wants out.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He backed his managers with ridiculous amounts of money in fees and wages - was that sensible? Did he HAVE to do it? No he wanted to. It went badly wrong - who picked the managers - and now he wants out.

He was gambling to get promoted. And it hasn’t worked but we have hindsight 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

He’s wanted out ages ago and continued to put money in backing managers

Just now, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Well he was committed to trying to get us promotion. Also no one could have foreseen COViD which has been the killer 

We were in the poo before Covid, that's just made it worse.

11 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Did Morris pick those players?? Were any of those players undeserving of a chance at Derby based on their credentials?? I would say no. Morris backed his managers although he seemed to sack people very quickly. Maybe that was a mistake.

The Pride book seemed to suggest that Clement came in with a list of targets but was then given a different list of players to choose from. I find that very weird. 

Pearson is most applicable though. You knew he was a pacey, direct, 442 man. You knew he wouldn’t fancy Martin or know how to get the best out of our footballers. You knew he’d want a pacey front pairing (Vydra and Wilson) and a pacey wide man (Anya). Don’t let him knock down one wall of the house, rebuild it and sack him. Either don’t hire him at all or don’t sack him.  

31 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Morris has been losing money and wanting out for several seasons. He has put lots of money in, just hasn’t worked out. The team should have won at Wembley. 

This is a very lenient and  complacent attitude. I have never been in favour of Morris's one man leadership of the club. He's made so many mistakes largely down to his overinflated view that having the money entitled him to make all the decisions. This was a flawed attitude on his part  cos he needed people round him telling him he was doing things wrong. He did put in a lot of money but that doesn't give him a get out of jail card for taking the blame. With Pickering we had some of the same issues though we had several great seasons.

1 minute ago, cannable said:

The Pride book seemed to suggest that Clement came in with a list of targets but was then given a different list of players to choose from. I find that very weird. 

Pearson is most applicable though. You knew he was a pacey, direct, 442 man. You knew he wouldn’t fancy Martin or know how to get the best out of our footballers. You knew he’d want a pacey front pairing (Vydra and Wilson) and a pacey wide man (Anya). Don’t let him knock down one wall of the house, rebuild it and sack him. Either don’t hire him at all or don’t sack him.  

Pearson's tenure didn't fill me with confidence. We were terrible. I agree some money Morris has spent seemed crazy like the hiring of Redknapp who apparently didn't do much for a lot of cash.

1 minute ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Pearson's tenure didn't fill me with confidence. We were terrible. I agree some money Morris has spent seemed crazy like the hiring of Redknapp who apparently didn't do much for a lot of cash.

Pearson should never have been appointed. I’d have honestly sacked him after Benfica in pre-season because what was about to happen was predictable. 

When you let him him off Martin and spend the Hendrick money though - you’ve started the rebuild. 

How many of you were actually complaining when we were in the playoffs? Yes, you may have been disgruntled at certain aspects of the club and team but I don't remember reading BOARD OUT, MM IS A DISGRACE. It's all hindsight! The blokes tried and it failed. How many of us haven't failed at something. He's just done it on a grander scale cos he's lucky enough to have a few quid! You're all pi*sed because it didn't work out and I get it. It's crap and I'm hurting too but come on, what's the point in the blame game now? It's too late.  

53 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's never over, but I can't care much until Morris is gone, he's left us with this squad. Plus the joke of demanding we play Academy players leading to us being beaten by one such player. The irony shouldn't be lost on Morris I hope.

And recruiting Wazza was one of his biggest mistakes, be man enough to agree RoyMac...

10 minutes ago, beardyjim said:

How many of you were actually complaining when we were in the playoffs? Yes, you may have been disgruntled at certain aspects of the club and team but I don't remember reading BOARD OUT, MM IS A DISGRACE. It's all hindsight! The blokes tried and it failed. How many of us haven't failed at something. He's just done it on a grander scale cos he's lucky enough to have a few quid! You're all pi*sed because it didn't work out and I get it. It's crap and I'm hurting too but come on, what's the point in the blame game now? It's too late.  

I wasn’t complaining, loved the playoffs!! I always thought we might not get those chances much more at the time although didn’t think we would sink so low 

10 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Didn’t get excited when we were winning today, also not really arsed we ended up losing.

All very sad really. 

Me neither.

the lad was watching on the tv down stairs and celebrated about 10 secs before I saw it on sky go. ?

Archived