George Edmundson

Brain

Rangers fan here, sorry to see you guys are struggling at the moment and I hope you can turn it around. 

I just joined forum to ask how George Edmundson is doing? I think he is a good player who was very unlucky with us. He is very fast and very good on the ball, both of which are unusual for a centre back. I didn't see enough of him in terms of his general defensive play though, probably because we play in a terrible league. 

1 minute ago, Brain said:

Rangers fan here, sorry to see you guys are struggling at the moment and I hope you can turn it around. 

I just joined forum to ask how George Edmundson is doing? I think he is a good player who was very unlucky with us. He is very fast and very good on the ball, both of which are unusual for a centre back. I didn't see enough of him in terms of his general defensive play though, probably because we play in a terrible league. 

Not had a lot of opportunities really, been out injured and is third choice. Some thought he was at fault for at least one of Brums goals on Saturday.......time will tell if he can make the step up from the SPL to the Championship (or League 1 if we go down).....

9 minutes ago, Brain said:

I like what I've seen so far. A mix of injuries, us having too many loan players for a matchday squad, and WR continually picking Andre Wisdom at CB have limited his appearances though.

3 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I'd love it if we signed him. I think he's out of contract at the end of next season - is that correct?

No he's under contract at Rangers till 2023, transmarkt will show 2021 because that's his loan deal.

4 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I'm certain you'll want to / will keep hold of him though.

He was loaned out due to a COVID breach that could have cost us and Gerrard took very seriously. Jordan Jones was loaned to Sunderland for the same reason. Neither were in any matchday squads after the breach. It will be interesting to see if they will be forgiven but there's a good chance Gerrard wants them moved on.

I'd like us to keep him. He is calm on the ball and has shown a decent range of passing ability in the chances he's had so far. Looks no nonsense in the tackle, but his positioning has let him down a couple of times with us.

I don't think he is ready for European football, so you might as well let him go and bring in someone more suitable for yous. ?

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Sorry, no idea who you mean.

We do have a new CB (Icelandic, I think) called Edmundsson who's pretty good & definitely isn't the same bloke.

Hope you find yours.

*hangs up*

I guarantee you the Rangers forum is worse for getting player names wrong. 

1 minute ago, roboto said:

I'd like us to keep him. He is calm on the ball and has shown a decent range of passing ability in the chances he's had so far. Looks no nonsense in the tackle, but his positioning has let him down a couple of times with us.

That's very similar to how I would summarise him. His passing and touch is very good for a centre back.

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

I don't think he is ready for European football, so you might as well let him go and bring in someone more suitable for yous. ?

Haha. Well he did his bit in when he stepped in in a 1-0 away win at Braga last season which took us to the last 16. I hope he returns, though he is a bit unproven in terms of proper defending, but I don't think it looks likely.

I would say he's not quite ready for regular championship football. 

You have to be very assertive, dominant in the air and positionally good. He's not there for me at the moment. 

However, I'm not going to write the guy off after a handful of appearances. 

Trouble is, we are under pressure right now and we need him to be 15% better. 

He's not the only one who's not good enough but has age on his side and looks to have a good attitude. 

27 minutes ago, Brain said:

Seems alright, but the team is so fragile it's making everyone who is in it seem awful. NOt had a lot of games wit us and our problems are nothing to do with George Edmunson.

Can't see any particular reason Rangers wouldn't want him (assume you just have slightly better options right now).

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Can't see any particular reason Rangers wouldn't want him (assume you just have slightly better options right now

It's a strong position, we only play two CBs and Goldson and Helander are very good and both 28. 

Only reason he is on loan is the covid breach though.

36 minutes ago, Brain said:

Just watched those, he could have been stronger at both, mainly the first though.

He was playing not fully fit, he's only just back from a second hernia op and the game before at Preston came on without having trained post op. Happy to take him off your hands, probably for a bag of balls and a battered Mars bar?!

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He was playing not fully fit, he's only just back from a second hernia op and the game before at Preston came on without having trained post op. Happy to take him off your hands, probably for a bag of balls and a battered Mars bar?!

Or a battered ball and a bag of Mars bars?

A fully fit George would definitely be an asset to us. It's just a shame he's having to play not fully fit due to our injury list. For that reason I can excuse him for the shocking 2nd half display by all of our back four/five last Saturday.  

I think fully fit his main attributes are as a no nonsense, ball playing centre half. He's also a threat for us at set pieces. Doubt we can afford him at this moment in time unfortunately.