George Edmundson

Brain

1 hour ago, Brain said:

It's a strong position, we only play two CBs and Goldson and Helander are very good and both 28. 

Only reason he is on loan is the covid breach though.

Would he not be behind Goldson, Helander, Katic, Simpson & Balogun next season at yours? So 6th choice, maybe even 7th if you kept Mayo around as young option.

I could see and hope you would look to sell him in the summer, would 100% like us to get him on a permanent. Reckon you would just be happy to get back what you paid for him (650k I have read)?

26 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Would he not be behind Goldson, Helander, Katic, Simpson & Balogun next season at yours? So 6th choice, maybe even 7th if you kept Mayo around as young option.

I could see and hope you would look to sell him in the summer, would 100% like us to get him on a permanent. Reckon you would just be happy to get back what you paid for him (650k I have read)?

He would be fighting for 3rd choice, but the fact we signed Simpson and Balogun was given an extension does suggest George will be leaving. Yes the fee was in that region. I'd be disappointed if we didn't make a profit on that because I could see him being worth good money if he nailed down a starting position in the Championship as he is only 23.

20 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Very much up in the air as to whether he is affordable though

I think the covid breach at Rangers means you could get a bargain, I could see us selling him for a low fee with a high sell-on. He has the potential to be a multi-million pound player but that will only be realised by making himself a regular.

23 minutes ago, Brain said:

I think the covid breach at Rangers means you could get a bargain, I could see us selling him for a low fee with a high sell-on. He has the potential to be a multi-million pound player but that will only be realised by making himself a regular.

Unless that low fee is zero we won't be buying him. Unless you fancy some kind of swap deal - we've got loads of good players you can have in return.

28 minutes ago, Brain said:

Fancy trading him for Wisdom, Davies and Waghorn? If not, how about we chuck in Carson, Malone and Jozefzoon? Fantastic deal that is... 6 for 1!

36 minutes ago, Brain said:

Good sell Stevie G. but we have no influence over the management.

Otherwise, things might be a whole lot different around here. 

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Fancy trading him for Wisdom, Davies and Waghorn? If not, how about we chuck in Carson, Malone and Jozefzoon? Fantastic deal that is... 6 for 1!

They had Waghorn when he was 5 years younger and sold him for 250 k.  We spent 20 x that on him 12 months later.?

Not sure they'd want him back with another 100,000 miles on the clock.

24 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They had Waghorn when he was 5 years younger and sold him for 250 k.  We spent 20 x that on him 12 months later.?

Not sure they'd want him back with another 100,000 miles on the clock.

I could have told you Waghorn was overrated. Certainly raised an eyebrow when I heard the fee mentioned at the time.

11 minutes ago, Brain said:

I could have told you Waghorn was overrated. Certainly raised an eyebrow when I heard the fee mentioned at the time.

My Rangers pal is still laughing to be fair..he could not believe what we allegedly paid..

6 minutes ago, Brain said:

Rangers fans don't like him much, he was acting the hard man squaring up to people during a friendly game last season.

Oh well, that’s me got something in common with some Rangers fans then. If it was up to me he’d have played his last game for us. FTP ?