George Edmundson

Brain

1 hour ago, Brain said:

I could have told you Waghorn was overrated. Certainly raised an eyebrow when I heard the fee mentioned at the time.

We basically got into a pissing contest with Middlesbrough and had to match the offer.  Probably had to match the wage as well.  We did that with Sheff Wednesday and Nick Blackman who we paid way over the odds for.  Waghorn in the first 12 months he was here did more than Blackman ever did too be fair.  Not 5 million quids worth though.  No doubt another player leaving on a free after an 8 million outlay.

Always destined to come here though, think that was our fourth bid for him over the years.

5 hours ago, Brain said:

Rangers fan here, sorry to see you guys are struggling at the moment and I hope you can turn it around. 

I just joined forum to ask how George Edmundson is doing? I think he is a good player who was very unlucky with us. He is very fast and very good on the ball, both of which are unusual for a centre back. I didn't see enough of him in terms of his general defensive play though, probably because we play in a terrible league. 

Our manager requires a lot from his players - they need to be able play in any position and any style of football. Edmundson is one of the very few here who have the talent to do this. Against Brum this weekend he was told that hoofball was the key to our opponent’s demise. And although the manager’s thinking won us nul points, George obliged with an immaculate impression of a Wimbledon CB from the 1980s. But he’s much more impressive with the ball at his feet. He’s criticised for positional errors but I’d put that down to playing with an unfamiliar bunch of players whose own positional sense is at times exotic and who are themselves total strangers to the concept of leadership. Hope he stays but doubt he will 

7 hours ago, Brain said:

Rangers fan here, sorry to see you guys are struggling at the moment and I hope you can turn it around. 

I just joined forum to ask how George Edmundson is doing? I think he is a good player who was very unlucky with us. He is very fast and very good on the ball, both of which are unusual for a centre back. I didn't see enough of him in terms of his general defensive play though, probably because we play in a terrible league. 

Hello, I need to be obvious here and say he is by no means ‘very fast’ but he has been ok with the ball whilst all around him everyone has been fairly dreadful at exactly the wrong moments this season ( if we can call it a season) 

the championship is no great shakes and a lot worse with no crowds

Edmundson has fitted in seamlessly to Derby’s terrible efforts this season. We are so devoid of confidence it’s a difficult one for any player to come in unfortunately. Has looked ok, but badly at fault on Saturday. Inexcusable to miss simple headers, nowt to do with tactics or partners. Should have done better. If in League 1 would be happy with him here. IF champ, looks OK for backup/potential for first team.

Just now, enachops said:

Edmundson has fitted in seamlessly to Derby’s terrible efforts this season. We are so devoid of confidence it’s a difficult one for any player to come in unfortunately. Has looked ok, but badly at fault on Saturday. Inexcusable to miss simple headers, nowt to do with tactics or partners. Should have done better. If in League 1 would be happy with him here. IF champ, looks OK for backup/potential for first team.

Ignore the fact he's playing whilst not fully fit.

5 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Fair enough, strange sense of humour though. 

Sorry (genuinely) for what could be seen as a hostile response I just thought you were one of the professionally offended brigade. I put a winking smiley straight after the letters to indicate I wasn’t being serious. Once again apologies for any offence.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Sorry (genuinely) for what could be seen as a hostile response I just thought you were one of the professionally offended brigade. I put a winking smiley straight after the letters to indicate I wasn’t being serious. Once again apologies for any offence.

? no problem mate. That stuff is a pet hate of mine for various reasons. Both sides of it. 

Appreciate the response. ?

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I would say he's not quite ready for regular championship football. 

You have to be very assertive, dominant in the air and positionally good. He's not there for me at the moment. 

However, I'm not going to write the guy off after a handful of appearances. 

Trouble is, we are under pressure right now and we need him to be 15% better. 

He's not the only one who's not good enough but has age on his side and looks to have a good attitude. 

Having a good attitude should guarantee him a start. It's a rare attribute in our current squad. 

He’s been ok really. Average Championship defender. Doesn’t have too many standout games where you think he’s unbeatable (like some games Matt Clarke has), but equally he hasn’t had any absolute shockers where you think he’s playing against us (like Wisdom has at times). Can’t complain.

13 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I need to be obvious here and say he is by no means ‘very fast’

He is one the fastest centre backs I've seen. Maybe he hasn't shown it yet at Derby.

11 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Oh god, it was a joke, I found it funny, he found it funny keep your beak out.

11 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

? no problem mate. That stuff is a pet hate of mine for various reasons. Both sides of it. 

Appreciate the response. ?

For what it's worth, the role of religion in the rivalry and hatred up here is massively overblown by the media. Rangers fans have nothing against catholics, most of our players are catholics.