Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

Listening to Oasis fans whine about Ticketmaster, you'd think Blur owned it. 

It was the Gallagher brothers who ripped them off. They signed off on it. 

At least Malcolm McLaren called it a great rock and roll swindle.

This was a brilliant piece of marketing using every trick in the book.

Maybe it's legal, but it's unethical and driven by greed for themselves and utter contempt for their fans.

Taylor Swift could have done this and then some, but she didn't. The difference in how she treats her fans and how Oasis do, is night and day.

53 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Listening to Oasis fans whine about Ticketmaster, you'd think Blur owned it. 

It was the Gallagher brothers who ripped them off. They signed off on it. 

At least Malcolm McLaren called it a great rock and roll swindle.

This was a brilliant piece of marketing using every trick in the book.

Maybe it's legal, but it's unethical and driven by greed for themselves and utter contempt for their fans.

Taylor Swift could have done this and then some, but she didn't. The difference in how she treats her fans and how Oasis do, is night and day.

Ah! Had a spare ticket I was going to offer you, but I'll just put you down as a definite maybe for now 🫢

Missed the Oasis bunfight. The joys of being without WiFi or phone signal on Saturday - that's the reality of a trip to the wilds of north Notts! 

But it's Marseille and then The Last Dinner Party coming up in London Town. Mrs Sagan is appalled at my decision to buy TLDP and presumed I was joking when I told her, so I've had to invite someone else. Which always makes things a little less enjoyable when you're used to a regular gigging partner.

17 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Going to see Stipe (REM Tribute) at The Flowerpot in November. Never been to this venue before, anyone got any views what it is like for gigs?

My Son in Laws band the Velocetts have played there, It's a good venue for bands and can get pretty cramped if there's a good band following, A good venue with wooden floors and a CAMARA Pub to boot

https://www1.camra.org.uk/pubs/flowerpot-derby-143639

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pictures of the flowerpot derby&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-1&lq=0&pq=pictures of the flowerpot derby&sc=10-31&cvid=690E8107913D41DD8384E0ACE6ADC922&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&first=1

11 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Going to see Stipe (REM Tribute) at The Flowerpot in November. Never been to this venue before, anyone got any views what it is like for gigs?

Excellent venue , like the previous posters said it can get cramped but always a good atmosphere and Stipe are a top class tribute act

Managed to bag Oasis tickets pretty surprisingly easy, obviously helped getting pre sale but when I logged in only 2k Infront of the queue...

Only downside was lack of seat options at Wembley, literally the opposite end of the stadium despite being one of the first to grab tickets and over £300 -  Saw Metallica in the snake pit for this!

Also I see Linkin Park have reformed and doing a UK date earlier this month, disappointed at the  route they've chosen for the vocalist TBH, Derek from Sum 41 would've been the best option.

3 hours ago, Papahet said:

Managed to bag Oasis tickets pretty surprisingly easy, obviously helped getting pre sale but when I logged in only 2k Infront of the queue...

Only downside was lack of seat options at Wembley, literally the opposite end of the stadium despite being one of the first to grab tickets and over £300 -  Saw Metallica in the snake pit for this!

Also I see Linkin Park have reformed and doing a UK date earlier this month, disappointed at the  route they've chosen for the vocalist TBH, Derek from Sum 41 would've been the best option.

300 quid! Was this "demand based" pricing, VIP tickets or the normal price? What other prices were available in pre-sale, or were they just selling rip off ones?

19 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

The Flowerpot is generally pretty good. It's good when it's 70% ish full and there's still room round the corner to get served easily.

Stipe should be ok but if you're seeing an AC/DC tribute stand about half a mile away - my mate stuffed his hearing standing too close to the stage.

18 hours ago, Papahet said:

£167 per ticket, got two. 

Still A LOT considering the location of seats 🥺

Saying that, Papa Roach at Notts is over £60 and they've done nothing of note for a good 20 plus years...

Whereas Oasis have only done nothing of note for 15 years. If only they'd waited 5 years more.

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Got tickets to see the Sex Pistols 20th Sept at Rock City

I’ve been trying to get a single ticket via Twickets, but all the ones that are currently being put up for sale on there are being sold as either pairs, fours or sixes.

It was easier to get Oasis tickets!